News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Personal Bias and Boycotts

Started by Junkenstein, July 03, 2014, 02:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 03, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on July 03, 2014, 05:21:30 PM
I boycott Spike Lee films, because he is a douchebag.

I have the same stance with anything by Adam Sandler, Jack Black or that other fucker who looks like and is about as annoying as Sandler but I can't recall his name. He's the guy in all the shit films. Face you'd never get tired of slapping.

Mine has nothing to do with the content of Spike's films... it's his behavior.  I drew the line when he sued Spike TV over trademark infringement.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Wal-Mart for years. I kind of had to relax that, though, when I lived in their parking lot.

I stopped playing Candy Crush due to their IP shenanigans.

And there's a sandwich shop back home, Cheba Hut, that I wouldn't ever go to. All their sandwiches are named after strains of pot and their sizes are "nug", "pinner", and "blunt". I don't find their business practice unethical or anything, just offensively stupid and pandering.

Also, anything with Tom Cruise, Ender's Game, and any Wooden Allen, or Roman Polanski movie. I'd say I boycott Jenny McCarthy's work, but I'd have to first know anything she's done. And Gwyneth Paltrow is about 2 more stupid statements away from making me miss Iron Man 4.

Oh, and Hostess is one that nobody's mentioned...so yeah...them too.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

MMIX

I don't buy French apples, and I try not to eat them either. Its a longstanding boycott, nearly 25 years now. I normally explain it as "They don't eat our lamb so I don't eat their apples" but is a bit more complicated than that.
The reason http://www.nytimes.com/1990/09/17/world/french-protest-of-sheep-imports-turns-ugly.html

its a shame for me because French Golden Delicious was my favourite variety

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Reginald Ret

Quote from: MMIX on July 03, 2014, 06:11:20 PM
I don't buy French apples, and I try not to eat them either. Its a longstanding boycott, nearly 25 years now. I normally explain it as "They don't eat our lamb so I don't eat their apples" but is a bit more complicated than that.
The reason http://www.nytimes.com/1990/09/17/world/french-protest-of-sheep-imports-turns-ugly.html

its a shame for me because French Golden Delicious was my favourite variety
QuoteThe United States is pressuring the European Community in trade negotiations to slash agricultural subsidies to allow for fairer trade of farm goods.

AAHHAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  :lulz:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I boycott synthetic fibers, automobiles, GMOs, toxins, and the number 9.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on July 03, 2014, 04:30:56 PM
Oh, for those of you boycotting Coke, Pepsi are not a much more attractive alternative, for their history alone.

I've been reading that most of the night and that's some seriously high quality reading. Strongly recommended if you have any interest at all in US/World history, politics, the drug trade and it's causes and consequences or shady shit in general. Cain, there's probably going to be a list of shit I'll want to pick your brains on over this.

And Junkenwife reminds me that it was Ben Stiller I meant earlier. A scourge on culture, the lot of them. They have literally never done a single good thing between them as far as I can tell and would generally be more use to the world as ballast.

I will pay good money, I'm very serious here, to anyone who happens to cause a rake to encounter any/all of their faces at great speed. It doesn't even have to be multiple times. I'm not joking, most of you people live closer to these fucks than me and the fact you've NOT FUCKING DONE IT YET is inexcusable.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 03, 2014, 11:21:34 PM

THOSE ARE ALL THE SAME THING!
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 03, 2014, 11:21:34 PM

What do you have against the number 9?  That's my lucky number.  It's the BEST number.  It uses ZERO GMOs, contains NO gluten, NO toxins, NO chemicals, is all natural, and manages to stay in the single digits. Simplicity at its best.

it's because it's odd, isn't it?  Way to be oddist, bigot.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

LMNO

It's also 33.

CHECK YOUR CUBIST PRIVILEGE.

trix

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 10, 2014, 06:00:01 PM
It's also 33.

CHECK YOUR CUBIST PRIVILEGE.

Hey man I think you mean 32.  What, do all exponents look alike to you?
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

LMNO

DON'T GO FLAUNTING YOUR BASE 10 SO-CALLED "MATHEMATICS" AT ME.

REALITY IS SUBJECTIVE, WHICH MEANS 33=3+3+3 IF I WANT IT TO.

trix

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 10, 2014, 06:21:37 PM

Speak for yourself.

YOUR reality is subjective.  MY reality is reflective.
AND RUNS ON BASE 10 LIKE EVERYTHING SHOULD.
OTHER NUMBERING SYSTEMS ARE INFERIOR AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE USED.

So fuck off with your subjections and distortions of what we ALL know is REALLY good and proper... base 10 mathematics.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Cainad (dec.)

More like base-ASS mathematics

LMNO

Quote from: trix on July 10, 2014, 06:30:37 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 10, 2014, 06:21:37 PM

Speak for yourself.

YOUR reality is subjective.  MY reality is reflective.
AND RUNS ON BASE 10 LIKE EVERYTHING SHOULD.
OTHER NUMBERING SYSTEMS ARE INFERIOR AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE USED.

So fuck off with your subjections and distortions of what we ALL know is REALLY good and proper... base 10 mathematics.

I knew it.

ATTN: TRIX IS A BASSIST.