News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Jazz: srs fucking business

Started by Cain, December 10, 2009, 08:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 11, 2009, 08:23:55 PM
ENTRODUCING IS THE BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME!!!

OF ALL TIME!!!!

fuck yeah! most def in the top 10
[/quote]

Hmm.....it's THAT good?  I'm going to need to do some investimigating. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

ThisIsMyName.StopAsking

Jazz is much too large for anybody to make generalizations about it.  Doing so is ignorant, and besides: from a pragmatic standpoint, jazz is insanely forward-thinking, and was the driving musical force of the 20th century. So nay, he who defiles its name. :kingmeh:

Cain

Go far back enough though, and everything is foward thinking.  Farming was once considered cutting edge.

typ3

As a jazz newbie, Herbie Hancock's stuff is pretty amazing. It has a lot of funk incorporated into it, and while some of it is pretty chaotic, it still doesn't lose its coherence like some jazz I've heard.

One of my favorites:
http://www.last.fm/music/Herbie+Hancock/_/Hornets

ThisIsMyName.StopAsking

Quote from: Cain on December 11, 2009, 11:25:48 PM
Go far back enough though, and everything is foward thinking.  Farming was once considered cutting edge.

Farming is also a ginormously broad topic that shouldn't be violated by this foul yet wondrous forum.

LMNO

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Salty

Is there a list of things we shouldn't be violationg?

May I be assured that I'm not on it?

Alty,
kinky like that.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Quote from: typ3 on December 11, 2009, 11:33:31 PM
As a jazz newbie, Herbie Hancock's stuff is pretty amazing. It has a lot of funk incorporated into it, and while some of it is pretty chaotic, it still doesn't lose its coherence like some jazz I've heard.

One of my favorites:
http://www.last.fm/music/Herbie+Hancock/_/Hornets

I think Herbie Hancock is bad-ass.

Brotep

Quote from: Cain on December 11, 2009, 11:25:48 PM

Damn straight.  And I was there!   :argh!:

Brotep,
was into farming when it was still underground

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2009, 02:15:34 PM
It's garbage.  4 different guys playing 4 different songs, in the same room at the same time.

this. any defense of jazz as a form of music is just wanking about wanking.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: ThisIsMyName.StopAsking on December 11, 2009, 10:16:58 PM
Jazz is much too large for anybody to make generalizations about it.  Doing so is ignorant, and besides: from a pragmatic standpoint, jazz is insanely forward-thinking, and was the driving musical force of the 20th century. So nay, he who defiles its name. :kingmeh:
\
:nigel:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 12, 2009, 06:26:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2009, 02:15:34 PM
It's garbage.  4 different guys playing 4 different songs, in the same room at the same time.

this. any defense of music is just wanking about wanking.

fixed.

East Coast Hustle