Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

ECH Fall Tour 2010

Started by East Coast Hustle, August 28, 2010, 04:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 30, 2010, 05:34:25 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 30, 2010, 05:01:10 PM
We will march on a road of bones.  Expect to be taken to the Meetrack, and perhaps a short walk down 4th beating up hipsters.

you just upped your chances to 98%. the only things that can stop me are the weather and/or a complete meltdown of my vehicle.

See my thread on the proper methods of travelling to Tucson by car.
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Seen it, and also done it before. I'm camping in the Explorer the whole way so I'll have plenty of food and water, flares, and both my handgun and carbine rifle. I'm also getting a radiator flush and full tune-up before I leave Maine. And I have roadside assistance through my insurance and don't plan on getting off I-8 so I should have cell signal if I need it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 30, 2010, 06:37:17 PM
Seen it, and also done it before. I'm camping in the Explorer the whole way so I'll have plenty of food and water, flares, and both my handgun and carbine rifle. I'm also getting a radiator flush and full tune-up before I leave Maine. And I have roadside assistance through my insurance and don't plan on getting off I-8 so I should have cell signal if I need it.

Good man.  Bring a hat.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 30, 2010, 04:57:18 PM
Quote from: Jenne on August 30, 2010, 03:00:09 PM
Yes, I should be around, depending.  I have that weekend in October I'm gone, and then there's the weekend my dad gets out, but other than that, we're pretty much around here!  Let me know when you've narrowed dates, dude, and we'll meet up!

Well, unfortunately I think my SD stop is already pretty full but if I have some time maybe we can get breakfast before I head up to LA. I'll let you know!

Ok.

East Coast Hustle

Well shit....as is so often the case in this industry, all dates are subject to change.

In this case, the 3 week shutdown of the project that our next contract is for has turned into a 2 and a half week shutdown. I have to be back in VA on October 10th instead of the 15th. In the interest of spending as much time home in PDX as possible, this is going to mean I have to shorten my road trip.

Providence and NY, you guys are bridesmaids AGAIN. I swear someday we will hang out, but not this fall.

Fred, you're just about a long day's drive from Portland, ME, so we're still on unless something even more fucked up happens.

Charley, we're gonna have to wait until next time. Even going through KS will cost me a night at home, let alone stopping.

Dok and Freeky, we're down to about 50%. I'm pretty adamant about still seeing my friend in San Diego, which means I have to drive through Tucson, but spending the night there might cost me a night at home. Still trying to figure out a way to make it work, I'll get back to you.

Lizzay, I'm definitely stopping in SF....but...I'll be getting in late at night and leaving early in the AM so I probably won't have time to get free to meet up for side adventures.

Khara, I think my new tentative planned route will take me through St. Louis, and if I push hard that might be doable in a day's drive from Fredsville. If you want to hang out and you have crash space, let me know. I think you offered it once before on one of my tours or I wouldn't presume to ask, so if I'm wrong don't feel bad about saying so.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

:( Well, if you can't make it, we'll just burn down the east coast hope you can make it another time, and no hard feelings. Yeah...

East Coast Hustle

FYI, burning down the east coast will not upset me in the slightest, but I'll still try to figure a way to stop in Tucson for a night.

Suu

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 04, 2010, 07:20:19 AM
Well shit....as is so often the case in this industry, all dates are subject to change.

In this case, the 3 week shutdown of the project that our next contract is for has turned into a 2 and a half week shutdown. I have to be back in VA on October 10th instead of the 15th. In the interest of spending as much time home in PDX as possible, this is going to mean I have to shorten my road trip.

Providence and NY, you guys are bridesmaids AGAIN. I swear someday we will hang out, but not this fall.

Fred, you're just about a long day's drive from Portland, ME, so we're still on unless something even more fucked up happens.

Charley, we're gonna have to wait until next time. Even going through KS will cost me a night at home, let alone stopping.

Dok and Freeky, we're down to about 50%. I'm pretty adamant about still seeing my friend in San Diego, which means I have to drive through Tucson, but spending the night there might cost me a night at home. Still trying to figure out a way to make it work, I'll get back to you.

Lizzay, I'm definitely stopping in SF....but...I'll be getting in late at night and leaving early in the AM so I probably won't have time to get free to meet up for side adventures.

Khara, I think my new tentative planned route will take me through St. Louis, and if I push hard that might be doable in a day's drive from Fredsville. If you want to hang out and you have crash space, let me know. I think you offered it once before on one of my tours or I wouldn't presume to ask, so if I'm wrong don't feel bad about saying so.

Well...fuck you for uh...living in Maine with those crazy Downeasters and uh...RWHN. Yeah.  :argh!:

Oh, and Hurricane Earl. Fuck him too.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 04, 2010, 01:10:35 PM
FYI, burning down the east coast will not upset me in the slightest, but I'll still try to figure a way to stop in Tucson for a night.

I know. :lulz:

Adios

Life happens, next time then!

Dysnomia

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 04, 2010, 07:20:19 AM

you should stop by for a quick beer or something through gilroy/morgan hill.  We're right on 101. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

East Coast Hustle

I love Gilroy. Or, at least, I love the garlic festival and that little restaurant just off the road that goes over the coast range to I-5.

East Coast Hustle

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ. Now I may be back to having the full 3 weeks off. Waiting for the Captain to come back downstairs with the "final" schedule.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 09, 2010, 08:13:38 PM
Jesus Tittyfucking Christ. Now I may be back to having the full 3 weeks off. Waiting for the Captain to come back downstairs with the "final" schedule.

Mutiny.
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

I should remind him that Long John Silver was a sea cook.