News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

the illegitimate son of convention

Started by AFK, February 12, 2007, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Yeah, I think a bagpipe is tough to listen to in closed quarters.  My graduation ceremony in college involved a bagpipe led procession and that was cool.  I like the Uilean or Highland pipes as well.  Nice quality to the sound. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 12, 2007, 09:12:43 PM
Yeah, I think a bagpipe is tough to listen to in closed quarters.  My graduation ceremony in college involved a bagpipe led procession and that was cool.  I like the Uilean or Highland pipes as well.  Nice quality to the sound. 

if i was into that sort of thing, yeah i'd probably go for Uillean pipes.

once i've got some sort of regular & stable income, then i'd like to buy a soprano sax and take lessons.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

I'll kill you if you get a soprano sax.  The only person to make that bastardized clarinet sound any good was Coltrane, and even he was pushing it.

Tenor sax is where it's at.

Oh, and on the subject of the OP?

You guys ain't heard nothin yet.  lemme see if I can find an old recording of my band The Zyphoid Process.  Heh.

AFK

Soprano, that's what Kenny G plays right?  I think that was what really turned me off of Dream Theater.  On their album Images and Words they start with a pretty good stomper of a metal tune, song #2 utter soprano sax riddled pap. 

Oh, and Mang, my wife sends her thanks for directing me to the lark website.   :fnord:

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on February 13, 2007, 02:03:39 PM
I'll kill you if you get a soprano sax.  The only person to make that bastardized clarinet sound any good was Coltrane, and even he was pushing it.

Tenor sax is where it's at.

Oh, and on the subject of the OP?

You guys ain't heard nothin yet.  lemme see if I can find an old recording of my band The Zyphoid Process.  Heh.

Branford Marsalis on soprano. The Beautyiful Ones Are Not Yet Born (track from album of same name) or pretty much any of his albums since then. Especially the recent stuff on his own label.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Coltrane, but Branford actually found something else to do with the soprano...srsly.

AFK

Mangrove

LMNO

That squealing sound you hear coming from the Northeast US is Mangrove being moved by the Holy Spirit of John Coltrane.

AFK

Ha!  You guys just gave me an idea! 

AFK

I added two new songs at the rwhn.multiply.com site.  One is an old one, "Gallop" and one is a newer creation "Goo goo goggles"  Those without a multiply account can check out my newer stuff at http://www.myspace.com/theillegitimatesonofconvention

Payne

....Jumpin Jeebus RWHN. Your wife is a literal Saint.

Still, fuck man, why do you do these things to us? Why did I listen to that all the way through? Why do I feel an equal measure of total respec' and a fear of Nosefluteness?

I'm going to work on my story a bit more....

~~~Payne: Disturbed even more than by SillyCybins avatar.

AFK

Well, because I love my wife.  And because I love, loving my wife.  I only do these things while she is out of the house.  For example, she and my daughter yesterday went to visit my mother-in-law while I stayed home and cut another track.  This next one is more straight-forward metal with a rant-interlude.  Except, I now see that the person who wrote the rant is not on the kopyleft list so I need to find out if he is or not before I upload it. 

But thanks for checking it out. 

AFK

New song is up:  "Memed and Bruised/So What Now"  The music was composed, arranged, etc., etc. by moi.  The rant interlude was performed by me but it is Thurnez Isa's "So What Now" rant.  I tried sending it to you TI but it's too big.  Anyway, let me know what y'all think.  (Remember, I am by no means a music production wizard)

http://rwhn.multiply.com/music

Thurnez Isa

I can't get on guess Im not a member
:sad:
you going to put it on your myspace account sometime
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

It says the file is too big.  I tried sending it to you but, again, file size prohibits me from attaching it.  I'll see if I can find another place to host it so you can download it.