News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Hip Hop Help

Started by Bu🤠ns, October 08, 2015, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Bu☆ns on October 11, 2015, 02:35:24 AM
I love how melodic Heroes in the City of Dope is.

Badlands is one of my favorite songs, period. It's my go-to when I'm having a shit day and need to spit bars fast and hard in the middle of traffic. I always imagine it's an ode to Tucson.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dubya

That wasn't what I expected. Then again, I haven't listened to a lot of hip hop for years.

https://youtu.be/BCb7BMvT-ZU

About as close as I usually get.  :)
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 11, 2015, 03:05:55 AM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on October 11, 2015, 02:35:24 AM
I love how melodic Heroes in the City of Dope is.

Badlands is one of my favorite songs, period. It's my go-to when I'm having a shit day and need to spit bars fast and hard in the middle of traffic. I always imagine it's an ode to Tucson.

Heh--that's a really good one.  I'm glad listened again--lot's of imagery in that.  Earlier, the one i remember really grabbing me was Trains and Planes.  Maybe that repetitive melody hypnotized me.

EK WAFFLR

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Cypress Hill?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO

Most likely because after the first album they drifted into self parody and nu metal.

Ben Shapiro

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on October 11, 2015, 12:21:37 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Cypress Hill?

Because this isn't a troll thread?

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mangrove

2nding A Tribe Called Quest for 90s vibe
Adding: The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride to the Pharcyde album (2nd once not so much)
           Digable Planets - Reachin'     
           The Roots - looooonnnnnnnggggg before they were the Jimmy Fallon House Band (tm) I saw them in a tent in 1994.  Favorites are probably 'From The Ground Up' EP and 'Phrenology'.

Also this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRo48zg2iyU

Thank me later
:wink:                   
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

East Coast Hustle

Dude, Pharcyde was awesome. I liked Labcabincalifornia too but Bizzarre Ride was definitely the best.

LMNO

EK WAFFLR

Yeah. Roots are/were brilliant.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mangrove

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 13, 2015, 02:01:35 AM
Dude, Pharcyde was awesome. I liked Labcabincalifornia too but Bizzarre Ride was definitely the best.

Agreed, Labcabincalifornia was ok but Bizarre Ride was way beyond that. Got to see them live in 1995..ahh...good times.

Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdpXFHfHLoQ    - What's Up Fatlip? documentary by Spike Jonze.

And while we are fueling the nostalgia, I just discovered this recently:

https://soundcloud.com/jessica-rosales/gummy-soul-bizarre-tribe-a

It's the ATCQ/Pharcyde mashup. I found the full album on youtube a few weeks back but angry lawyers at Sony have been..well...angry. Enjoy it while you can find it!

PS No love/hate for Slim Jesus? He's the Rebecca Black of Drill music.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.