News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

You and your clone

Started by Cramulus, November 04, 2011, 07:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We would both be the mother of my children. How could I kill the mother of my children?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Over the head with a shovel and bury them under the patio, like everyone else.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on November 05, 2011, 05:50:30 PM
We would both be the mother of my children. How could I kill the mother of my children?

SHOVE.....
Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2011, 05:52:43 PM
Over the head with a shovel and bury them under the patio, like everyone else.

GODDAMNIT CAIN!!!!!!!!!!! :argh!:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2011, 05:44:44 PM
I'd kill it first, to stop it from taking over my life.

Because, as me and my clone both know, getting proper, fake ID is very hard, and throw in biometrics, and we're both in for shit.  Only one can survive.

But you'd have identical biometrics, which is unlikely but not impossible for two people to have, biometrics can only positively determine that two people are not the same--and even then it's horribly inaccurate. Though with DNA and fingerprints you'd still be fucked in court, if you'd tried to screw yourself over :)

If you're certain you'd have to kill him, remember you're both equally strong and equally smart, so any edge would have to come from random circumstance factors, you might as well flip a coin and go for a painless suicide?

If you can rationally and honestly come to that conclusion, so would your clone.

Though if you secretly want to try and out-Xanathos-speed-chess them, all bets are off ;-) [but it'll probably hurt a lot, even if you win]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

It would mean establishing any other identity would be impossible, because the DNA would link back to my ID, meaning mine would be the only viable one for my clone to have.  Any other would present the risk of being detected as going under a false ID, and so being brought in for questioning.

And like I'd fight fair.  You kill people when they're asleep, so they can't fight back.  With a shovel.  Or lock all the escape routes from the outside and torch the building (remember to knock over the tv and start it from there, so it looks like an accident).

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2011, 06:01:00 PM
And like I'd fight fair.  You kill people when they're asleep, so they can't fight back.  With a shovel.  Or lock all the escape routes from the outside and torch the building (remember to knock over the tv and start it from there, so it looks like an accident).

NOTE TO FUTURE SCIENTISTS: WHEN CLONING CAIN, SET UP CAMERAS, ACQUIRE MOVIE RIGHTS

Most painless option: kill the scientist first.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Part of the awesome of having a clone would be that it would share my identity. It would hardly give me an edge if she had her own identity, would it? We'd just use the same ID. It would mean that we couldn't leave the country together, but I don't see that being a problem.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I guess it could be a little creepy for any prospective suitors, though.

Or, alternately, a HUGE BONUS!

Luna

Then, there's always the fact that you've pretty much ALWAYS got "reasonable doubt."

"I'm sorry, your honor, what proof do they have that it was ME and not HER that did that horrible, horrible thing?"
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on November 06, 2011, 02:27:31 AM
Then, there's always the fact that you've pretty much ALWAYS got "reasonable doubt."

"I'm sorry, your honor, what proof do they have that it was ME and not HER that did that horrible, horrible thing?"

Legally, we would be the same entity, so I doubt it would matter in a court.

President Television

I'd fight him. No doubt about it. He'd fight me anyway.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Phox

I'd like to say, I'd do all of the above. Fuck, fight, murder.... on the other hand, there sheer shenanigans two of me could get up to.... it would be pretty epic....

ETA: Alternatively, I could pull a Dr. McNinja and get degrees in every field ever and figure out how to recombine into a single entity with all the acquired knowledge...

Pæs

I'd kill him for planning to kill me based on the assumption that I am planning to kill him.
Then I'd use the body in a resurrection scam and convince people I was Jesus returned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2011, 06:01:00 PM
It would mean establishing any other identity would be impossible, because the DNA would link back to my ID, meaning mine would be the only viable one for my clone to have.  Any other would present the risk of being detected as going under a false ID, and so being brought in for questioning.

One could always find a corrupt bureaucrat to create a birth certificate indicating identical twins. This would then give the clone the second identity necessary.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on November 06, 2011, 02:11:20 AM
I guess it could be a little creepy for any prospective suitors, though.

Or, alternately, a HUGE BONUS!

Bonus.

There would be two of you. Two vaginas, four tits, and you're the same person so it's all good. What's not to like about that?

Which would also be a drawback when the suitor is in the dog house. Because then there's two of you mad at him. But he wouldn't think about that until it was too late.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS