News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

need some advice

Started by Slarti, April 23, 2004, 12:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slarti

my quality of life is down. i mean, i'm perfectly happy (more or less), and i'm not sick or poor or homeless or anything, but still...

life is kind of monotonous. i just sort of go to school and come home and do stuff. i have few hobbies. right now i just sort of mosey around doing stuff with astrojax (astrojax.com , it's sort of a toy that's similar to juggling).  

any suggestions, comments, or ideas? i don't really know what my problem is (if i have one at all), or what's wrong. maybe i'm just a stupid middleclass suburban white boy who's dissillusioned with the world..

sakredchao

well if you want to make chainmaille, it helped me overcome severe depression.  i know that's not your issue, but hey a hobby is a hobby.

another option might be to -become- homeless.  this takes the boredom off of any day.

or maybe just intentionally mix up your routine..  walk a new route, do things different than normal, and make it a point to pay attention to them.

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

Guido Finucci

You need to reprismatise.

I find that putting a shitload of effort in to something satisfying but ultimately insignicant can often do it for me. Last time, I decided to cook and insanely complex meal and spent tha day running around buying only the freshest and best ingredients and then cooked with a couple of friends and too many bottles of wine. I was exhausted but much happier by the end ot if all. Your milage may vary.

Malaul

im having the same issue
thats why IM moving around the time of october
I need soehting new
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Trollax

I went out and fell in love, Of course, she broke my heart. But that's another strory entirely, and I've moved on since then anyway.
A creative pursuit is always good for the soul, it can even be something as simple as mowing the lawns, but you've got to find fulfilment in it. It doesn't mean shit what other people think of your efforts, if it lifts you up to paint like a 6 year old then do it. I tried volunteer work for 3 years, but after the laziness of others and bitchiness towards me I gave it up. That's another thing, what fills us up can change over time.
I love to perform, but it doesn't bother me if I never become famous for it. Everyone's going to the Idol auditions, and nobody understands why I don't care to go. Have you ever been content to sit Nate? That's when I feel my most content. When I know I can compare to the bigshots, and I don't have to. Just go out and find something that makes you happy, but be selfish about it. Do it for yourself, not for acclaim or accomplishment, just do it because you want to.

Slarti

thanks for the advice guys. it helps. trollax, how do you know my name?

Trollax

Quote from: Slartibartfastthanks for the advice guys. it helps. trollax, how do you know my name?

the four-eyed ninja by Nate Emmons ;-)

Penumbral

three things that will change your life!
Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll
This shoulod help foro a little while.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: Penumbralthree things that will change your life!
pie rocks
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Sid Q

mmm,
I think you're just a  middleclass suburban white boy who's dissillusioned with the world....
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock:

Trollax

Quote from: Sid Qmmm,
I think you're just a  middleclass suburban white boy who's dissillusioned with the world....
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock:

So what's so great about being where you are then?

Slarti

i don't think he meant it as an insult, if that's what you think trollax. look at the last few sentences of my first post on this thread.

Trollax

Quote from: Slartibartfasti don't think he meant it as an insult, if that's what you think trollax. look at the last few sentences of my first post on this thread.

I never really thought he was being nasty, just being my uisual precocious self  :mrgreen:

Slarti

oh. jolly good, carry on then.

MedeoPlusPlus

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: Penumbralthree things that will change your life!
pie rocks

As well as coffee

And the Kids in the Hall (that show always cheers me up)
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++