News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Rev Roger Special Bonus Sermon 26, take 2.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 29, 2004, 08:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Efrim

Quote from: Colonel FailureI just did, actually... and my very first thought was Hail Yes!

I'm mulling over a reply, which I'll probably put up before I go to lunch (around 4pm est). But I like it.  :)

glad to hear it.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slartibartfasti'm perfectly happy right now, even in the knowledge that i am an indirect slave to the "Great Grey Monolith" or whatever you call it. What say thee?

I say "Welcome to the monkeyhouse".

Happiness is easy.  FREEDOM is hard.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Colonel FailureSo what's the point Rog? I should put Purple Haze (my one-foot resin bubbler) back in the closet and do... What, exactly?

Quote"Grandpa, what did YOU do during the revolution?"

"Ummm...I smoked pot."

Revolution, huh? You think the American people are going to rise up in armed revolution against the Government?

I may be a fool, but I'm holding out hope that the Thuddites are becoming dissatisfied with shrub,
What's your game plan? By my count, we've got six months to enlighten a sufficient portion of the population and affect the outcome of the election, so that we can get rid of shrub (not gonna solve anything, really, but I'd venture to say it's a good first step).

So what are we gonna do, Rev?

I'm all for participating in a coordinated, nation-wide, bit of Jakery that will peel the scales off the eyes of the Thuddites and actually accomplish something.

- Colonel Failure
   (recklessly stepping in front of the guy with the flamethrower)

PS - I'm not trying to give you a hard time, really, it's just I've been lurking this board for weeks, just started posting, and I was getting tired of dipping my toes in the shallow end of the pool. Felt like doing a connonball. Or maybe a belly flop. Guess that one's up to the jury. Anyway, take it personally - but not as an attack. It's a compliment that you are able to provoke a visceral reaction. But I'm sure you realize that already, right, Rev?

1.  I COULD tell you what to do, but then you'd be no better off than you are now.

2.  No, the American public will never revolt...as long as the TV works.

3.  Shrub isn't the problem.  He's just the spokesman.

4.  Walk before you run.  Jakery is a fine start.

5.  Good.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Colonel Failure
Quote from: Efrim
Quote from: Phantom TrollaxUP WITH COLONEL FAILURE!

Sir, you are the shit and I salute your shit.

quite. You know much that is hidden. excellent retort. Should bring out the best in Roger as well.

Yeah.... that's what I'm afraid of...  :?

Afraid of what?  You think that *I* am going to attack someone for DISAGREEING with me?

Do I look like Jim Jones?

Colonel Failure

Quote5. Good.

(Nods, humbled by this minor note of approval from the resident 800-lb guerrilla)

Quote4. Walk before you run. Jakery is a fine start.

I'll carry on with the fnording currency thing then, till something else occurs to me...

Quote3. Shrub isn't the problem. He's just the spokesman.

Ugh, I know, I know... But I do think that a repudiation of all that he stands for (via an election defeat) would be a cathartic and healthy thing for this country. My lingering doubt is that the electorate really does have a talent for ignoring the obvious. Here's a guy that freely admits that he doesn't think about why he makes the decisions he makes, and a lot of the cabbages think not only is this a fine quality to have in a chief executive, but he's the second coming or something. I know: people are stupid. But sometimes I cant help but think, they can't ALL be THAT stupid, can they?

They always seem to prove that they can...

Quote2. No, the American public will never revolt...as long as the TV works.

Yeah. One of the many, many reasons why I stopped watching TV years ago. (Though I did go out and get both seasons of 24 on dvd... and I'm waiting for season 3... AND I DON"T WANNA SEE NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD PEOPLE OR SO HELP ME WHEN I GET MY TANK OUT OF THE SHOP...) Anyway, I think we're in total agreement on this point.

Quote1. I COULD tell you what to do, but then you'd be no better off than you are now.

Touche'.
All I knew, all I believed
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Scramble to reach higher ground,
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

I take what is mine, and hold what is mine,
Suffocate what is mine, and bury what's mine.
Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,
And climb to a new place now.

This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
In the lies, the lies, the lies that shape your world?
Do you believe
In your own, your own, fictitious immortality?

The world won't end while you walk the earth
And when you realize that your life don't matter
You'll turn to something to help you forget
That you're only young once, old forever

And we become what we hate
(Don't think of us)

-Screeching Weasel, What We Hate[/size][/color]

Colonel Failure

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

quite. You know much that is hidden. excellent retort. Should bring out the best in Roger as well.

Afraid of what?  You think that *I* am going to attack someone for DISAGREEING with me?

Were you taking me seriously Rog? You know what the PD has to say about believing what you read...

I was just paying homage to your fearsome reputation, which has preceeded you.

Or something like that.

And no, you look like BOB.
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
Do you believe

(Don't think of us)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Were you taking me seriously Rog? You know what the PD has to say about believing what you read...

I was just paying homage to your fearsome reputation, which has preceeded you.

Or something like that.

And no, you look like BOB.

Heh.  Reputations are like Fox News.  Always flashy, rarely accurate.

And I don't look like "Bob".  I look like this:

*bonks head on ceiling*

Horab Fibslager

hey i look liek that too! perhaps teh good reverend and i are of relation?

how convenient for you! for great justice turn off that face!
Hell is other people.

Horab Fibslager

disregard the last post, all i saw was a blank white area and assumed you were incorporeal and exsiting in all points simulataneously, making it hard for light to refract from your surface as is the case in my er case as it were. seems to me were not even the same species. how bizarre...
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: horabhey i look liek that too! perhaps teh good reverend and i are of relation?

how convenient for you! for great justice turn off that face!

You have no chance.  Make your time.

Colonel Failure

Um yeah... the non-corporeal one's comments aside...

QuoteHeh. Reputations are like Fox News. Always flashy, rarely accurate.

So I am to assume that you're a harmless, earnest, good-natured country preacher with a heart of gold, then?

8)

Thought not.

And watch those low ceilings, man... it's the only brain you've got.

(Unless you're keeping your ex-roommates in a jar on a shelf in your hall closet, you know... in case you need an emergency brain...)
Are crumbling images
No longer comforting me.
Order and sanity,
Something to comfort me.

Soon the water will come
And claim what is mine.
I must leave it behind,

Tool, Flood

----------------
Do you believe
Do you believe

(Don't think of us)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Colonel FailureUm yeah... the non-corporeal one's comments aside...

QuoteHeh. Reputations are like Fox News. Always flashy, rarely accurate.

So I am to assume that you're a harmless, earnest, good-natured country preacher with a heart of gold, then?

8)

Thought not.

And watch those low ceilings, man... it's the only brain you've got.

(Unless you're keeping your ex-roommates in a jar on a shelf in your hall closet, you know... in case you need an emergency brain...)

1.  I am mostly harmless.

2.  No brain, no effect.

Bella

He's one of my zombie horde.....we've got an almost endless supply of brains ya know.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: horabdisregard the last post, all i saw was a blank white area and assumed you were incorporeal and exsiting in all points simulataneously, making it hard for light to refract from your surface as is the case in my er case as it were. seems to me were not even the same species. how bizarre...

Course not.  I'm a Zombie(tm).

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Colonel FailureUm yeah... the non-corporeal one's comments aside...

d00d! didn't j00 get the memo? my comments are never aside but rather moire or less in the front and middle with soem radomization in the placement for that "just left anywhere" look.

in any case, if the good reverend's reputation does indeed proceed him, then perhaps he should look into enlargeification in order to proceed his reputation before it gets out of hand. 9/10 reputable persons agree that i have no idea what this thread is about.
Hell is other people.