Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 08, 2016, 12:54:23 AM
A Trump presidency is frightening because the guy is a blustering moron who is almost guaranteed to alienate our allies in some serious ways.

So working class people should vote for one of the biggest voices for NAFTA, because we would be embarrassed in front of other countries? Do you honestly think that even half of our "friends" are our "friends" because of how nice our leader acts on TV? More importantly, how in the hell are there people, after 8 fucking years of Barrack W Bush honestly believe a politicians kayfabe personality has shit to do with how theyll govern? If I was choosing purely on speeches and interviews, Bush and Obama are very different people. But when you look at actual policies, its hard to draw a line between them. They were two different people, playing different characters, but serving the same interests. Trump serves the same interests, the only thing controversial about him is his populist rabble-rousing, which a lot including PD it seems think will get out of hand.

A Trump presidency is frightening because the economic plan he has put forward would cause serious damage to our fragile economy.

And Clinton's wont? Clinton also has the distinction of having damaged our economy before. You know for a bunch of people who fell hook line and sinker for "Hope and Change", can you really not understand why people prefer Trump to Clinton?

A Trump presidency is frightening in the ways that it parallels the Brexit vote, in that his campaign has already stirred up some crazy racist, xenophobic bullshit that is resulting in innocent people being harassed and injured.
How many people voted for Brexit? Are all of them crazy xenophobic racists? Every last one. The large majority of the UK is crazy xenophobic racists? Should people not vote for a candidate or a position just because bad people support it? Becuase man, oh, man you wouldnt believe who supports Hillary:

https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cid=N00000019&cycle=Career

A Trump presidency is frightening because he chose "funerals for fetuses" Pence as his running mate.

You look me in the eye and tell me Tim Kaine isnt John Wayne Gacey.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

A Trump presidency is frightening because the guy is a blustering moron who is almost guaranteed to alienate our allies in some serious ways. A Trump presidency is frightening because the economic plan he has put forward would cause serious damage to our fragile economy. A Trump presidency is frightening in the ways that it parallels the Brexit vote, in that his campaign has already stirred up some crazy racist, xenophobic bullshit that is resulting in innocent people being harassed and injured. A Trump presidency is frightening because he chose "funerals for fetuses" Pence as his running mate.

As a former fetus I can support that last point. I still cannot support Trump though because, in addition to your other points, he's a shill for Russia, because everything he has ever been in charge of has gone bankrupt, because he's a reality tv pseudocelebrity and an embarrassment, and because I believe that a Donald Trump presidency has the chance to bring about the actual end of the world if we set up this hothead with his finger on the button (and if not the end of the world than at least 1000 years of darkness). And these are just the flaws that are plainly obvious.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

I saw this quote floating around and did not fucking believe it but its real:

Quote"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders,

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927

Do you honestly expect the people who were fucked by NAFTA to vote for THIS?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 08, 2016, 03:41:50 AM
A Trump presidency is frightening because the guy is a blustering moron who is almost guaranteed to alienate our allies in some serious ways.

So working class people should vote for one of the biggest voices for NAFTA, because we would be embarrassed in front of other countries? Do you honestly think that even half of our "friends" are our "friends" because of how nice our leader acts on TV? More importantly, how in the hell are there people, after 8 fucking years of Barrack W Bush honestly believe a politicians kayfabe personality has shit to do with how theyll govern? If I was choosing purely on speeches and interviews, Bush and Obama are very different people. But when you look at actual policies, its hard to draw a line between them. They were two different people, playing different characters, but serving the same interests. Trump serves the same interests, the only thing controversial about him is his populist rabble-rousing, which a lot including PD it seems think will get out of hand.

A Trump presidency is frightening because the economic plan he has put forward would cause serious damage to our fragile economy.

And Clinton's wont? Clinton also has the distinction of having damaged our economy before. You know for a bunch of people who fell hook line and sinker for "Hope and Change", can you really not understand why people prefer Trump to Clinton?

A Trump presidency is frightening in the ways that it parallels the Brexit vote, in that his campaign has already stirred up some crazy racist, xenophobic bullshit that is resulting in innocent people being harassed and injured.
How many people voted for Brexit? Are all of them crazy xenophobic racists? Every last one. The large majority of the UK is crazy xenophobic racists? Should people not vote for a candidate or a position just because bad people support it? Becuase man, oh, man you wouldnt believe who supports Hillary:

https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cid=N00000019&cycle=Career

A Trump presidency is frightening because he chose "funerals for fetuses" Pence as his running mate.

You look me in the eye and tell me Tim Kaine isnt John Wayne Gacey.

1. He's not "rabble rousing" or politically intelligent. He's either a wanton political whore willing to lie down with pigs of the worst kind, or actively a fuckin' nazi at heart. Either way... uh no. If they're both the "same" to you why support THAT guy? OH YEAH, you're all progressive at heart and it will fix things to your liking because backlash... guess that's not REALLY how supportive you are. Bet you're going to vote for him directly and stop pretending to support Stein.

2. Fuck you. That's a bunch of quotes not a destructive economic policy worth voting nazi to get out of. Mind linking to this "plan" instead of just a list of quotes? If it's a shitty quote war... "The Donald" loses, hands down.

3.  :lulz: :lulz: all I see there is a bunch of folks that might like a functional executive when the nice, reasonable economic policies handed down to us post Brexit come over here. You really don't know shit do you? Those are all resounding economic endorsement comparatively speaking.

4.  :eek: Tim Kaine isn't John Wayne Gacey. Now what? Oh... you're tryna be clever again where you got nothing really. Bet that's a lifelong pattern.

QuoteI already answered both of your questions like a trooper once. No more freebies until you answer my question. How far did the rabbit hole go for ya bruh?

Bonus question: Did the folks you may have met there seem like... sane and fit to run things?   
5. Aw.. Come on. DON'T JUST IGNORE THE QUESTION RP. It wasn't rhetorical.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 08, 2016, 01:10:50 PM

1. He's not "rabble rousing" or politically intelligent. He's either a wanton political whore willing to lie down with pigs of the worst kind, or actively a fuckin' nazi at heart. Either way... uh no. If they're both the "same" to you why support THAT guy? OH YEAH, you're all progressive at heart and it will fix things to your liking because backlash... guess that's not REALLY how supportive you are. Bet you're going to vote for him directly and stop pretending to support Stein.

So he isnt rabble rousing but he is somehow causing innocent people to be attacked. K. Hes not politically intelligent, but hes winning the election. And I am not a progressive because Im voting for Jill "the weak should fear the strong" Stein.

2. Fuck you. That's a bunch of quotes not a destructive economic policy worth voting nazi to get out of. Mind linking to this "plan" instead of just a list of quotes? If it's a shitty quote war... "The Donald" loses, hands down.
Define Nazi. (Hint: It isnt "person I disagree with")
And what Hillary Clinton has said in private to GOLDMAN SACHS isnt a good representation of her economic policies? I have literally no response to this, youre free to believe what you want I guess. Also I would define "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders," as a destructive economic policy.

3.  :lulz: :lulz: all I see there is a bunch of folks that might like a functional executive when the nice, reasonable economic policies handed down to us post Brexit come over here. You really don't know shit do you? Those are all resounding economic endorsement comparatively speaking.

I never really associated Bank of America with reasonable economic policy.

QuoteI already answered both of your questions like a trooper once. No more freebies until you answer my question. How far did the rabbit hole go for ya bruh?

Bonus question: Did the folks you may have met there seem like... sane and fit to run things?   
5. Aw.. Come on. DON'T JUST IGNORE THE QUESTION RP. It wasn't rhetorical.
[/quote]

Yes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 08, 2016, 03:41:50 AMYou know for a bunch of people who fell hook line and sinker for "Hope and Change", can you really not understand why people prefer Trump to Clinton?

:lulz: wut
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: MMIX on October 08, 2016, 02:25:20 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 09:59:28 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 07, 2016, 09:57:25 PM
QuoteIm not a Trump voter, Im voting for Jill Stein, Im a Trump SUPPORTER. I support him because he is going to win.

Dude, come on. You''re smarter than this.

A vote for Jill Stein is an indirect vote for Trump. And if there are enough protest votes it will help her build a base for the next election and hopefully be on the major ticket before she passes prime-GILF years.

:lulz:  :lulz:

You know, reading that again IS funny. Mostly in a "dunnit to himself" kinda way.

You RP are disqualified from further hiding behind who you're "voting for" as a defense of your anything. Like really...

I'm thinking you pretended to eat "The Red Pillz" just to be accepted. I think you're quite intelligent, but if that side of the fringe seems ok to you I must assume that you know as much about the depths as you do about economics.
Go home.

Really.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

MMIX

2nd attempt - my machine ate my reply and I accidentally deleted my failed attempt up thread. Not trying to make you look weird TWJ. I pressed the delete post thread and was really surprised when it actually got deleted.  :?

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 08, 2016, 04:11:49 PM
QuoteIm not a Trump voter, Im voting for Jill Stein, Im a Trump SUPPORTER. I support him because he is going to win.

A vote for Jill Stein is an indirect vote for Trump. And if there are enough protest votes it will help her build a base for the next election and hopefully be on the major ticket before she passes prime-GILF years.

You know, reading that again IS funny. Mostly in a "dunnit to himself" kinda way.

You RP are disqualified from further hiding behind who you're "voting for" as a defense of your anything. Like really...

I'm thinking you pretended to eat "The Red Pillz" just to be accepted. I think you're quite intelligent, but if that side of the fringe seems ok to you I must assume that you know as much about the depths as you do about economics.
Go home.

Really.

If there are enough votes for Trump [actual or protest] then I would not be putting any bets on there ever being another election.

And your GILF comment is proof, if any was needed, that you and Trump are definitely on the same page. Trump is  sleazy, unprincipled and entitled, he is a lousy businessman with a penchant for fucking up big time and then gaming the  system because he is rich enough to do it. I wouldn't let him run a whelk stall leave alone the US.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: MMIX on October 08, 2016, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 08, 2016, 04:11:49 PM

Go home.

Really.

If there are enough votes for Trump [actual or protest] then I would not be putting any bets on there ever being another election.

This is my impression as well. A Trump presidency could spell the end of America and possibly even the end of the world.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

The Good Reverend Roger

And then and then and then

"GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY."

Pence seen fleeing the scene.

:lulz:

God, I love this election cycle.  Especially while watching a guy I had thought to be intelligent suddenly lose his shit and start jabbering about supporting Trump, like we didn't already HAVE a Brother Nihil.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 08, 2016, 01:37:15 PM

Define Nazi. (Hint: It isnt "person I disagree with")

How about we start with his plans to single out a religion and make them wear ID badges?  :whack:

You silly goose-stepper, you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 08, 2016, 03:33:03 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 08, 2016, 03:41:50 AMYou know for a bunch of people who fell hook line and sinker for "Hope and Change", can you really not understand why people prefer Trump to Clinton?

:lulz: wut

This is why I went straight into mockery. I didn't vote for the 2004 election and the assumptions made by RP ITT are pretty god damned stupid. All the smug anime girls in the world can't whitewash that kind of stupid.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Come election day, I am going to make so much Schadenfreude Pie.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Vivat Alty on October 08, 2016, 08:03:47 PM
Come election day, I am going to make so much Schadenfreude Pie.

The next 30 days are going to be AMAZING.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

"Ron Paul"

I don't like any of the candidates and have no solid feelings about it one way or the other.  I'm voting for Clinton for one, specific, pretty important (IMHO) reason:  Trump is insane.  Not in the "whoa man that's INSANE" sort of way, but more in the bat shit crazy, lost touch with reality, complete lack of rationality kind of way.

I watched several of his debates, I've read his website thoroughly.  With open eyes and no preconceptions.  The man is fucking insane.  He's lost it.  He's clearly on drugs (and I mean DRUGS not like, smokes some pot) and has absolutely no concept of reality whatsoever.  Clinton at least makes lip service towards understanding the real world, even if her bubble is still pretty small.  Trump, on the other hand, is absolutely, clearly, FUCKING BATSHIT.

Just listen to the shit he says and does.  This isn't "bad at speaking" or "bad at public appearances" or even "media taking it out of context or too far" but actual, literal, verbal insanity for anyone to hear.

THIS is why I can't understand Trump supporters.  Even if all of his ideas on running the country were perfect, which they are far from, the man himself is batshit crazy and as president could do ANYTHING.  I do not want an American Kim Jung Un as president.  Clinton sucks but at least her motivations are clear.  Money, power, elite connections.  She will shit on us.  Trump, on the other hand, is all ego and ignorance and can literally get us all killed.

I've seen you debate specific topics Trump vs Clinton and that's fine, but what is your response to the simple fact that you are supporting someone that is clearly, completely fucking drug-addled insane in a way that makes Putin look like a man of the people?

I could post a whole bunch of videos of his insanity to prove my point but that would be like digging out a bunch of videos to prove Hillary Clinton has two arms.  It's fucking OBVIOUS.

Hating Clinton, I totally understand.  Thinking a deranged racist failed-businessman clown-god would do better, I do not understand.

I don't think you are stupid, "Ron_Paul", but I definitely don't understand at all where you are coming from here.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.