News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Inevitable, unlimited, annual destruction of the Eastern Seaboard thread

Started by Mangrove, October 27, 2012, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

Hurricane Sandy is going to destroy all of the East Coast by Halloween. Take that Mayans! (sic).

If I disappear for days, it's likely because there's no power in most of CT, just like last year!

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Come the storm and blow the flesh from this earth
Come the flood and wash away the flesh of this earth
Come the fire and burn the flesh of this earth
Make the earth upheaval and swallow up the flesh of this earth
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Q. G. Pennyworth

Without terrible storms, what excuse would we have to build pillow forts?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on October 27, 2012, 08:40:09 PM
Without terrible storms, what excuse would we have to build pillow forts?

This.

Plus any excuse I have to stay inside and eat soup and drink tea all day is also valid.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Fistfights in WalMart over batteries and bottled water! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 28, 2012, 12:07:40 AM

I don't know how it is in other parts of the northeast, but our supermarket overstocked on water and batteries in anticipation. Honestly, this was as good a reason as any to go out and grab a couple crank powered flashlights. Two years in a row with no power outages is unheard of.

Mangrove

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on October 28, 2012, 12:39:22 AM

I don't know how it is in other parts of the northeast, but our supermarket overstocked on water and batteries in anticipation. Honestly, this was as good a reason as any to go out and grab a couple crank powered flashlights. Two years in a row with no power outages is unheard of.

Hooray - I participated in Disaster Capitalism(tm) today!

Managed to get some storm supplies this afternoon and it wasn't too bad. Looks like our local Home Depot ramped up the battery stock. We also bought Jesus candles from the Dollar store. They cost a buck, burn for ages and have the added bonus of being fortified with magical Catholic POWERZ! Mrs Mang & I shall spend our candlelit evenings under the protection of the Virgin Of Guadalupe.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Mangrove on October 27, 2012, 03:59:11 PM
Hurricane Sandy is going to destroy all of the East Coast by Halloween. Take that Mayans! (sic).

If I disappear for days, it's likely because there's no power in most of CT, just like last year!

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET, SINNER!!

(Praise God and Hooo000oooooleeeeeeeeee Ghost)
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Obama created the hurricane so he could cancel the election due to large-scale damage to the eastern seaboard, dissolve Congress and assume dictatorial powers.

FACT.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Mangrove on October 28, 2012, 04:16:27 AM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on October 28, 2012, 12:39:22 AM

Hooray - I participated in Disaster Capitalism(tm) today!

Managed to get some storm supplies this afternoon and it wasn't too bad. Looks like our local Home Depot ramped up the battery stock. We also bought Jesus candles from the Dollar store. They cost a buck, burn for ages and have the added bonus of being fortified with magical Catholic POWERZ! Mrs Mang & I shall spend our candlelit evenings under the protection of the Virgin Of Guadalupe.

Those Jebus candles used to burn for 7-9 days but they're all skinny and slanky now and the wax only comes about 3/4 of the way up. You're good for 2 days.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know how a few months ago I discovered that I can quickly, easily and cheaply make my own lip balm out of ingredients I basically already have lying around the house anyway? Same basic deal with candles, except you have to buy wax and wicks. It's so ridiculously cheap and insanely easy to make your own candles (if you aren't concerned about them being pretty) that I recommend it very highly if you're anywhere that gets frequent power outages. You can make like 400 tealights in an hour for about $25 and be all set for a year. A decent tealight will burn for about 10 hours and does nicely sitting in the bottom of a mason jar.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Winning combination. Boston public closed and brookline public closed. That means work has a hurricane day :banana:

also gov patrick has declared a state of emergency and advised nonessential workers to stay home. Cant stay home though. Stuck at villagers with a ton of leftovers and abandoned party beer. :banana:

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish