News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Without warning

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 09, 2008, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

It's Motherfucking

TUNGSTEN!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

O SHIT is that the signal?

*Cramulus shits his pants, dives out the window, hits the ground running, gets in his car, leaves New York*

Messier Undertree

FUCK THAT SHIT

Tungsten is for foreigners and women

OSMIUM IS FOR REAL MEN

Drink osmium and you DIE, JUST LIKE A REAL MAN

Vene

Cain

TUNGSTEN, FUCK YEAH!

Tungsten is HIMEOBS approved orbital bombardment material (not suitable for under 5s.  Do not attempt to eat components.  May cause dizziness, lack of concentration and death.  Buyer assumes all liability).

Akara

It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Cain

You didn't already know?

We used to drop small lumps of sodium into water at school, until we were told to stop breaking beakers.  We dreamed about getting hold of Caesium, though we would have settled for Rubidium.

Akara

apparently I was a deprived child! Actually, we couldn't get a hold of those things for me, because I was home schooled, and the paranoids in the Government decided that private citizens shouldn't be allowed to buy small quantities of the stuff for experiments... I swear that we are still on the terrorist watch list.

Akara:
Dangerous Terrorist since 1995
It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Cain

That sucks.  You should see if you can get hold of Lithium, though it would need to be a fairly large amount to do anything except fizz and fly around the surface of the water.

Golden Applesauce

You can get the almost same effect by running wires from a battery into salt water.  And by almost I mean you get metal + water => metal hydroxide + hydrogen gas.

protip: don't use wires made out of stainless steel or other unreactive metals unless you're trying to make chlorine gas.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Micro Ice

Golfball sized block of Sodium and a beaker of weak acid. 50 times better than sodium and water everytime.
Let me Go, Gravity, Whats On My Shoulder?, Little by Little I Feel a Bit Better.

Cain

True, but people rarely leave buckets or have ponds of weak acid lying around, sadly.

Micro Ice

Quote from: Cain on May 01, 2008, 12:49:02 PM
True, but people rarely leave buckets or have ponds of weak acid lying around, sadly.

It makes me miss my old school. They often left the labs unlocked :(
Let me Go, Gravity, Whats On My Shoulder?, Little by Little I Feel a Bit Better.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What kind of acid? A lot of acids are cheap and easy to get at the hardware store or chemist.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

tomato juice is a weak acid.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.