News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Discordianism in one sentence:

Started by trix, September 22, 2011, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2011, 07:19:52 PM

YES.

And you will know the end is near when they graduate to SKATEBOARDS!  Won't THAT expose the hypocrisy inherent in the system!
Molon Lube

trix

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 07:06:29 PM
Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 06:06:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 22, 2011, 06:04:46 PM
Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 06:02:02 PM
nah, by "walkway" i mean the smoking bridge, which is more than large enough for plenty of people to get by.  The point is the administration of the school already doesn't like that students found a spot to smoke on campus, and that the spot has become the social center of the campus, and that the sack kickers are the most popular group.

My rant gland just cramped the fuck up.  Seriously.  My neck is now at an odd angle, and my right leg is convulsing.

Would you like to know more?

YES PLEASE!

Dok, your rants, even* the ones targeted at me, are the nectar that keeps my blood pumping.

* - By even, I of course mean especially

Okay, first you say "Bonus points for kicking people on the busiest walkway on campus between classes", then you say "We're REVOLUTIONARIES fighting for THE PEOPLE" by being THE MOST POPULAR GROUP.

The first part was just a joke, and hasn't actually happened.

The second part, despite that you put quotes on it, I did NOT say.  I made a tongue-in-cheek reference to sticking it to the man, sure, but I didn't really mean it how you guys seem to be taking it.  I didn't think I'd have to defend a random comment, but I'm bored so okay sure.  We play hackey sack because we like to play hackey sack.  That's really it.  We crack jokes, have fun, kick a bean bag around.  I don't really see us as accomplishing any sort of larger goal when we play hackey sack for 20 minutes a day, and I'm a little surprised that you satire experts
would take that that way.  By "administration" I actually meant the one campus security guard that gives us shit sometimes, as the rest don't care.  This is a guy who takes his job way too seriously, and thinks we are the evil and he is a superhero, so we like to fuck with him and be the villains he so badly wants someone to be.  But mostly we just dick around and play hackey sack for 20 minutes at lunch.  No more, no less.   Not really enough of an event to warrant so much discord, but being PD I guess it's inevitable.

Not sure how that works.

What I AM sure of is that at least SOME of those people are on their way to their classes, where they hope to get, you know, an education, and here you are, trying to kick them, because wasting your time at school playing hackey sack during the school day is going to BRING THE SYSTEM DOWN!

Way to STICK IT TO THE MAN, Trix!  I'm sure the proctors and department heads sit around the board room table, shouting at each other to find a way to stop your JUGGERNAUT OF RADICALISM before you TOPPLE THE ENTRENCHED POWER STRUCTURE.  
Besides the part above where I explained that we don't actually try to kick people, which I now regret the joke which clearly rubbed you the wrong way, I'd also like to reiterate that we usually only play for 20 minutes during lunch, and when people actually walk through to get to class, so do we.  Because, well, we are students too.  Add to that the fact that I already mentioned the bridge where we play is more than big enough for us to play AND students to walk by comfortably.  Unlike the social groups in the indoor hallways that will stop dead center to talk about their facebook status or whatever and actually DO interrupt the flow of traffic through congested hallways.

For a place with so much satire and humor, you folks sure do take a lot of what I say very seriously.

Beats going to comparitive lit or macro-economics or whatever classes you're taking, I suppose.

And when you finally flunk out, or score an average too low to warrant gainful employment, you can hang out in hipster glasses with people who gradually become younger and younger with respect to yourself, as some sort of self-appointed guru, until you finally wake up screaming in horror and kill yourself by trying to swallow your hackey sack.

You know those pathetic 40-somethings, still hiring out to tutor freshmen at Denny's?  Take a good, long look...And despair.

I could respond here defensively by pointing out my actual grades, my difficult major, or my interesting hobbies, but really, you seem to have a picture that you really want to paint of me, based on a few random comments about hackey sack, and who am I to get in the way of your fun?

In b4 anti-trix mob mentality takes hold and paints me as a deluded retarded attention whore drug addict hippy with assburgers.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

AFK

They should really give them what-for with a bitchin game of POGs in the middle of the commons.  

Nothing says "fuck you" to The Man, like POGs.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

AFK

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:23:25 PM
In b4 anti-trix mob mentality takes hold and paints me as a deluded retarded attention whore drug addict hippy with assburgers.

Nah, you just sound like the typical naive, wide-eyed college student. 

You'll grow out of it. 

Doktor Howl

For a place with so much satire and humor, you folks sure do take a lot of what I say very seriously.

Hey, I'm laughing.

Dok,
Also laughs when people get their sleeves caught in the gears at work.
Molon Lube

trix

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:11:26 PM
Speaking of rather funny, it's interesting how an anecdotal mention of hackey sack has changed the direction of the entire thread.

I think it might've been where you supposed that a stupid game of hackey sack was rankling, and I quote, "The Establishment". 

I mean, you DO see where that might come off as a bit hokey, right?  You really think "The Establishment" of whatever school you are going to really gives a fuck about your pick-up game of hackey sack?  If they are like any other college in America right now, they are shitting bricks over the sea of red in the ledgers.  Your game of hackey sack doesn't really mean anything to anyone except you.  And it certainly is not going to challenge any kind of "Establishment", anywhere. 

Yeah.  You are of course correct.  Only an idiot would believe that a game of hackey sack accomplishes anything more then wasting some time.  Unfortunately, I realized too late that I should have added some sort of wink or gif to the comment to emphasize the tongue-in-cheek way it was intended.  My mistake, as now I seem to have poked the beehive.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

AFK

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:11:26 PM
Speaking of rather funny, it's interesting how an anecdotal mention of hackey sack has changed the direction of the entire thread.

I think it might've been where you supposed that a stupid game of hackey sack was rankling, and I quote, "The Establishment". 

I mean, you DO see where that might come off as a bit hokey, right?  You really think "The Establishment" of whatever school you are going to really gives a fuck about your pick-up game of hackey sack?  If they are like any other college in America right now, they are shitting bricks over the sea of red in the ledgers.  Your game of hackey sack doesn't really mean anything to anyone except you.  And it certainly is not going to challenge any kind of "Establishment", anywhere. 

Yeah.  You are of course correct.  Only an idiot would believe that a game of hackey sack accomplishes anything more then wasting some time.  Unfortunately, I realized too late that I should have added some sort of wink or gif to the comment to emphasize the tongue-in-cheek way it was intended.  My mistake, as now I seem to have poked the beehive.

Beehive?  No, Dok, LMNO, and I are just helping you out a little with your education.  Think of us as free-lance tutors.  The bill will be in the mail. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:25:03 PM

Nah, you just sound like the typical naive, wide-eyed college student. 

You'll grow out of it. 

And then he can be an embittered old fuck like me.

And thus, another generation passes on the torch of GIT OFF MA LAWN!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

My mistake, as now I seem to have poked the beehive.

I use these mind control lasers, see?  You, too, will be assimilated.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:30:46 PM

Beehive?  No, Dok, LMNO, and I are just helping you out a little with your education.  Think of us as free-lance tutors.  The bill will be in the mail. 

No, no, we're a hive mind.  There's no sense denying it now.
Molon Lube

trix

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 22, 2011, 07:30:46 PM

Oh you folks are helping me out a lot with my education.  Just, not really in this thread.  This was a typical example of bad communication.  And I apologize.

I was aiming for the greyface, but seem to have missed and hit the Dok in the nutsack.  I'm dreadfully sorry, Dok.  I'm working to improve my aim, I promise!
Zen Without Zen Masters

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:35:13 PM
I was aiming for the greyface, but seem to have missed and hit the Dok in the nutsack.  I'm dreadfully sorry, Dok.  I'm working to improve my aim, I promise!

Hey, I *ASKED* if you wanted to hear more.  You said that in fact you did, even if it was at your expense.

Now you're implying that I'm butthurt?   :lulz:

You college kids...you get all the best drugs.
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 07:35:13 PM
Oh you folks are helping me out a lot with my education.  Just, not really in this thread.  This was a typical example of bad communication.  And I apologize.

I dunno, I think you just learned a very valuable lesson about communication.  It's one you need to teach your friend as well.  If he's looking for simple, pithy little packages to teach him about new things, he's hopeless and should save his parents, or himself money and just drop out of college.  Seriously.