News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Los Angeles NAACP "offended" by "racist" Hallmark card.

Started by Bruno, June 13, 2010, 07:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

It's one of those talking cards, and it uses the phrase "Black Holes".  The LA NAACP claim that it says "Black Whores" and are deeply offended. Hilarity ensues. Then hilarity explains itself in greater detail while failing to correctly pronounce or understand the meaning of the word "Ominous".

Also, at about the 3 minute mark, he calls someone an "asshole". You can trust me on this. I listened real hard.

I think the phrase "Black Hole" is now officially a racial slur, since this isn't the first time this has happened.
Formerly something else...

Requia ☣

ATTENTION DIPSHITS

There are real fucking racists out there, go harass them, and stop Lo5ing greeting cards.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Bruno

This just keeps geting funnier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=283BPPDG_FQ&feature=related

This video is from Jasmyne Cannicks's Youtube channel. She is the first person to speak in this video.
Formerly something else...

Earthbound Spirit

The card had already been out for about 3 years.

The whole thing is fucking stupid.  If the NAACP is going to complain, they should complain about real racism, not a card/joke about space.
I hate everyone.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Requia ☣

I love that they can't decide if it says hos or whores.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:facepalm: how can anyone be so stupid? That's embarrassing. The NAACP needs to smother itself with a pillow now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

Looks like they're taking a page from PETA's book.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Brotep

If only Carl Sagan had been black, none of this would have happened.

BabylonHoruv

LA NAACP needs to relocate to Arizona.  There'd be all sorts of fun.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Zyzyx

Cramulus

ahhh the horrormirth  :horrormirth:

I gotta admit, this is more on the mirth side than the horror. I love how worked up people can get about total nonsense. These people at these press conferences have to make a big deal about it to justify the amount of breath they've already spent on it. And they've illustrated that an accusation of racism does not need to be based on a racist comment anymore, you can be a racist for sounding like a racist to anybody.

wouldn't it be cool if "In This Economic Climate" sounded like a racist word?

What other words do people say that I hate?

I work for a textbook company, and we do have a list of topics we don't cover because they're too "controversial". Halloween, natural selection, etc. And in the coming years, a lot of really normal, inoffensive stuff is going to be added to that list.  :lol:

LMNO