News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Mah Musics

Started by The Littlest Ubermensch, January 28, 2007, 11:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theCalmpsychopath

nice  :thumb:
i like Excalibur the most
the human brain is like a grizzly bear with a midget on the back trying to control it

The Littlest Ubermensch

Thanks for the panning advice! I'll definitely try that out.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

LMNO

For mono drum tracks, you can play around with a delay effect, set under 15 ms, with the original track panned hard left and the delay panned hard right.  The brain can't really separate sounds under 15 ms, so it hears it as "the same".  But since it's panned hard left & right, your brain will give it the illusion of space.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Bumped, because my myspace now contains a new track, and one that pays a little more attention to the drums.

Edit: Albeit one that myspace decided to annihilate the high end on. Sounds great when it's just here on my computer though.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

That One Guy

Sweet! I'll give it a listen when I get home  :mrgreen:
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

LMNO

Do you have it on any other site?  Myspace really fucks with the sound quality, somehow.

That One Guy

Weird. Not sure why MySpace's compression format would mess with the high-end and not the rest of things. Poke around for 3rd-party file hosting. I definitely want to give it a listen as you intended it, and not as crappy streaming software butchers it.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

That One Guy

Just gave the new track a listen.

:mittens:

I really like the interplay with the sustained patches and the arpeggios, and the filtering you're using on the different sounds blends really well and gives things a really nice sonic atmosphere. Also, the samples were interwoven excellently (something much harder to do well than it might seem), not too prominent, not forced, and set very nicely in the mix.

One (very minor) thing with the drums - the overall mix was MUCH better now that you're going stereo, but you might want to pan the ride cymbal a bit closer to center and bring it down a touch in the mix. It might just be a MySpace streaming audio thing, but that cymbal sound (and only that one) was a bit more prominent than the rest of the drums. You might also want to bring the kick up a bit, since that is really the driving force of the percussion on that track.

I'd love to hear it outside of MySpace to see if the minor mix issues disappear in the propper environment.

Overall, great stuff again! Keep up the experimenting and keep doing what you're doing  8)

The Littlest Ubermensch

Rehosted it at Rapidshare. (Only 256 kps, but that's still pretty damn good.)

http://rapidshare.com/files/25685937/To_Be_Reborn.mp3.html

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

LMNO

Ok, I actually listened to "To Be Reborn",a nd it's not bad.  Kinda like some Underworld stuff.

But I agree with TOG:  Less hat, or more kick. 

There's a really good triplet hat fill at about 4:00, as well.  I'd suggest adding more stuff like that.