News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Pope Pixie Pickle

I have real internets!

man I love living closer to the centre of town (15 minutes leisurely stroll yo) and have been getting way moar exercise and have noticed an improvement in muscle tone in my calves already!

also the cheap supermarket is within walking distance and i just got a butt load of cat related bitz for cheap.

I have left the house all but 1 day this week, as living where I was was very isolating :(

also Payne got his trailer in the boonies and i miss his face.

rong

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 10, 2015, 04:50:17 AM
Quote from: rong on January 10, 2015, 03:40:47 AM
Hey, I know it wasnt in this thread, but thanks everybody for all the links on humor analysis.  I look forward to reading them when I go back on midnights.

Also, someone is in jail tonight because of me tonight... Never called the cops on anyone before...

The story - got the kids off the bus.  Bus driver says, 'there's a guy down the road stuck in a snowbank, looks like he needs help.  I think he's drunk'

So I go try to pull him out.

He doesn't want help, but I don't want to be responsible for him freezing to death - its fucking cold and windy.

Neighbor shows up to help. 

Guy pulls knife on neighbor.

We leave.  I call cops.

You did the right thing.

Police attempted to serve me papers today, but I wasn't home.  I hope it's because I am to be a witness in this fuckwit's trial.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rong on January 13, 2015, 11:54:29 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 10, 2015, 04:50:17 AM
Quote from: rong on January 10, 2015, 03:40:47 AM
Hey, I know it wasnt in this thread, but thanks everybody for all the links on humor analysis.  I look forward to reading them when I go back on midnights.

Also, someone is in jail tonight because of me tonight... Never called the cops on anyone before...

The story - got the kids off the bus.  Bus driver says, 'there's a guy down the road stuck in a snowbank, looks like he needs help.  I think he's drunk'

So I go try to pull him out.

He doesn't want help, but I don't want to be responsible for him freezing to death - its fucking cold and windy.

Neighbor shows up to help. 

Guy pulls knife on neighbor.

We leave.  I call cops.

You did the right thing.

Police attempted to serve me papers today, but I wasn't home.  I hope it's because I am to be a witness in this fuckwit's trial.

Whoa! I am guessing that it is, or else you did something your memory has blotted out in shame.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Some asshole called Animal Services on me today about my old blind dog, who lives outside and sleeps under the porch because he refuses to come inside or use his very expensive doghouse.

They told Animal Services that he seems unhealthy and is left outside all the time with no food or water. Food and water are on the porch. Animal Services lady comes by, tells me that due to his age and blindness I should call the county and ask to have the rabies vaccine requirement waived, says "I know he won't use it but I have to require that you get bedding for his doghouse" and "he looks like he's in really good shape for his age", gave me some grooming tips (he's well groomed but gets mats on the back of his legs), and left.

That was a raft of stress for no real fucking reason, but at least I found out that the county will waive the rabies shot if your dog is over a certain age.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I suspect it was one of the people in the townhouses behind me.

Eater of Clowns

My batshit insane coworker might be needing her own thread soon. She informed us today that Canada has reasonable citizenship requirements and she was thinking about moving there because America's leaders are always doing illegal things. She is not registered to vote.

I kept my mouth shut here, because I feel like dissuading her from leaving my vicinity, much less my country, would be a poor tactical decision.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 14, 2015, 03:17:14 AM
My batshit insane coworker might be needing her own thread soon. She informed us today that Canada has reasonable citizenship requirements and she was thinking about moving there because America's leaders are always doing illegal things. She is not registered to vote.

I kept my mouth shut here, because I feel like dissuading her from leaving my vicinity, much less my country, would be a poor tactical decision.

Let her move to Canada.

It will be a learning experience for her.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

UNNNGH for real, dudes, this interaction just happened on the ingress hangout I'm in.

Dude posts:

Responder 1: lolol Best part is that he is Venezuelan

OP: I just saw the #48.

Me: Do they even have KFC in Venezuela? I would be hell of distracted by a giant red and white bucket on the playing field too, to tell the truth.

Old Man: ^+1

Responder 1: I would too, especially if I had a stereotypical attraction to fried chicken

Responder 2:

Responder 1: ROFL

Responder 2: Those are all the KFCs in Venezuela. All pretty close together in the far north.

Me: I react the same way whenever someone throws fried chicken and watermelon in the pool while I'm swimming

Responder 1: hàh

Responder 2: You like chicken and watermelon, but you can swim? ;)

Responder 1: LOLOL oh, snap

Me: I'm part white, it explains everything.

Responder 3: Wow, guys.

Me: I can swim, but I can't dance. It's the price you pay.

Responder 2: Lmao. I'll only hide half my family then

Responder 3: Um huh?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 14, 2015, 01:05:11 AM
Some asshole called Animal Services on me today about my old blind dog, who lives outside and sleeps under the porch because he refuses to come inside or use his very expensive doghouse.

They told Animal Services that he seems unhealthy and is left outside all the time with no food or water. Food and water are on the porch. Animal Services lady comes by, tells me that due to his age and blindness I should call the county and ask to have the rabies vaccine requirement waived, says "I know he won't use it but I have to require that you get bedding for his doghouse" and "he looks like he's in really good shape for his age", gave me some grooming tips (he's well groomed but gets mats on the back of his legs), and left.

That was a raft of stress for no real fucking reason, but at least I found out that the county will waive the rabies shot if your dog is over a certain age.

That's just obnoxious. Not quite as obnoxious as that ingress thing but whatever.

I've seen a trend toward overreaction I think. Combination of manipulative and shocking but earnest anti abuse social media campaigns and folks not quite sharp or well informed enough to know the difference. On the bright side over reporting is perhaps better than under reporting, if annoying.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 14, 2015, 04:12:30 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 14, 2015, 03:17:14 AM

Let her move to Canada.

It will be a learning experience for her.

I have programs set up for people like her. 

We're here to help.

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 14, 2015, 06:05:33 AM
UNNNGH for real, dudes, this interaction just happened on the ingress hangout I'm in.

Dude posts:

Responder 1: lolol Best part is that he is Venezuelan

OP: I just saw the #48.

Me: Do they even have KFC in Venezuela? I would be hell of distracted by a giant red and white bucket on the playing field too, to tell the truth.

Old Man: ^+1

Responder 1: I would too, especially if I had a stereotypical attraction to fried chicken

Responder 2:

Responder 1: ROFL

Responder 2: Those are all the KFCs in Venezuela. All pretty close together in the far north.

Me: I react the same way whenever someone throws fried chicken and watermelon in the pool while I'm swimming

Responder 1: hàh

Responder 2: You like chicken and watermelon, but you can swim? ;)

Responder 1: LOLOL oh, snap

Me: I'm part white, it explains everything.

Responder 3: Wow, guys.

Me: I can swim, but I can't dance. It's the price you pay.

Responder 2: Lmao. I'll only hide half my family then

Responder 3: Um huh?

:facepalm:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.