News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

We were all wrong all along

Started by Great Teacher Largo, May 27, 2005, 05:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Teacher Largo

"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

Zurtok Khan

I submit here that anyone who has that quote from Red Queen in his sig didn't actually read the book.  Damn fucker.  Thats a good book too.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: Zurtok KhanI submit here that anyone who has that quote from Red Queen in his sig didn't actually read the book.  Damn fucker.  Thats a good book too.

I have read the book, several times.  It's on my list of favorite things to read.  I just happen to find that a very funny quote.  Because it's true.  And people argue that it isn't.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

LMNO

Possibility: a recessive sterility gene.

The carriers are not sterile, but when two recessive carriers mate, the recessive gene becomes dominant, and the child is sterile.

And it can be passed on in it's recessive form throught many generations.

Not saying it necessarily exists, just that it's possible.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Soup

Three cheers for his Roundness.
I submit Shel Silverstein's The Missing Piece as evidence of his Roundness's glory
http://books.google.ca/books?id=Aa5YGwAACAAJ&dq=inauthor:Shel+inauthor:Silverstein

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What in the hell is the deal with this thread?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Vene

My guess is that Largo is sterile.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vene on July 21, 2008, 02:52:11 AM

No, actually he was a pedo, and hit on Medeo's 9 year old sister.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

wow, that website is seriously from the web of yesteryear.

Vene

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 21, 2008, 02:54:51 AM
Quote from: Vene on July 21, 2008, 02:52:11 AM

No, actually he was a pedo, and hit on Medeo's 9 year old sister.
This site attracts the best people.
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 21, 2008, 05:11:39 AM
Do I even want to click on the link?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Vene on July 21, 2008, 03:46:01 PM
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 21, 2008, 05:11:39 AM
Do I even want to click on the link?

It won't hurt. Then again, you won't feel particularly good, either.

Mangrove

Quote from: Great Teacher Largo on May 27, 2005, 05:49:47 AM
I submit here the proof.

:fuckoff: and :emo: you :boot:

I realize he doesn't post here anymore. Still...I'm sticking with my previous statement.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mangrove on July 22, 2008, 08:09:08 PM
Quote from: Great Teacher Largo on May 27, 2005, 05:49:47 AM
I submit here the proof.

:fuckoff: and :emo: you :boot:

I realize he doesn't post here anymore. Still...I'm sticking with my previous statement.

like hell he doesn't.

ALL noobs are Eric.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"