News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

switchGASM

Started by Ari, July 01, 2008, 01:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ari

So, I never really called out for other people to help out on the whacky little projects I come up with to keep my brain inside the skull. But this one might be something for you;

At some point it came to my attention that a lot of people get a bit irritated if objects they encounter on a regular basis get moved around and show up in unusual spots. These can be small but it gets much more fun with bigger things.

To give a few examples:

There was this fruit stand every summer in my hometown that was shaped like a giant strawberry: several nights it just "magically" moved from the shopping street to the middle of a crossing on main street.

Potted plants are also interesting to put in front of entrances, doors or inside elevators - obscuring the usual walking paths of busy people.

Mixing toilet brushes into the vegetable and fruit display at your local supermarket (please take the fresh ones from the household section, don't bring your own!) / leave potatoes in the magazine display!

(...)

Next time you see something that can be moved, think of a more confusing place to put it - then just move it around while nobody is looking!
パンクビッチ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like fucking with people's heads, but I don't like fucking with people's days. Moving some guy's fruit stand probably just annoyed him in the morning when he came to work and had to move it back. People aren't mindfucked or enlightened by this kind of pointless vandalism; it just makes the employees have to do extra work.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

nostalgicBadger

Actually, I used to really enjoy doing this on campus sometimes. We had a campus coffee shop that, because it was student run and inside the building where mail was kept, was never locked. Sometimes at four in the morning if nobody was there still I would go in and rearrange all of the furniture, and move the stage around and everything, and then the next night when everybody was really confused as to how everything moved, I would just play along.

I don't think anybody ever found out I was doing it. That was definitely the best part.
meh.

Voodoo

Quote from: Nigel on July 01, 2008, 04:10:39 AM
I like fucking with people's heads, but I don't like fucking with people's days. Moving some guy's fruit stand probably just annoyed him in the morning when he came to work and had to move it back. People aren't mindfucked or enlightened by this kind of pointless vandalism; it just makes the employees have to do extra work.

true dat.  it can be done to just fuck with people who are observers (lots of signs that say "sidewalk closed" or "Wet Paint").  I used to like to do a turn-shit-upside-down-GASM. 

But don't fuck with a man's fruit stand.  And quit moving my chair.

Verbal Mike

It actually is a mindfuck, imho. A couple weeks ago my roommate couldn't find something she had been holding just a minute earlier... I was *this* close to believing some supernatural force was involved when she found it.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Nast

ITT I feel bad for blind people.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Ari

I agree that moving a fruit stand is annoying for the person who owns it.
But it could be considered collateral damage if we take into consideration how many people had to drive around a strawberry in the morning.

How do you feel about giant strawberries on the road?
パンクビッチ

Cramulus

:lol: I think that's a fairly German / eu phenomenon

we don't have the giant strawberry fruit stands around here. I saw them when I was in Germany though, so I think I know what you're talking about.

Triple Zero

yeah i agree that the weirdness of having something appear quite outside its natural environment for a lot of people definitely weighs up to whoever has to move it back.

also, if having to move some item back to its original place fucks up your day, you're going to have worse problems in this world than a discordian playing funny.

it's not like you actually destroy anything. but i agree that it is important to think about these things and be a littlebit considerate if necessary.

however, if you know the person who has to move it back is a dickhead. ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on July 01, 2008, 04:10:39 AM

*This is war sweeth'art, ya betta get used to the causalities*

:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

rong

yep- when the clock fell off the wall in the lab where i work and was deemed a safety hazard and relocated, i printed up a signe that said "MADE YOU LOOK" and hung it where the clock used to be. 

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

fomenter

I moved a motel room  painting which was locked to a wall, I undid the locks turned the painting upside down and re locked it .

edit -for full sentences and punctuation -
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cramulus

Please use complete sentences and some punctuation, man. It's really hard to read your posts.

fomenter

:argh!: F M E  post not so good  grammar punctuation bad not good read thank goodness he have spell check
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Iason Ouabache

Last good MF that I did was moving Michael Behe's book "Darwin's Black Box" (a book about Intelligent Design) from the Science section to the Religious Fiction section at the local B&N. I never went back to see how long it stayed there.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘