News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

More Futuristic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part V of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 02, 2011, 07:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

The World President stood up from behind his desk, and stretched.  It had been a long day, one more in a series of long, long days ever since he started on the path to power. 

It was so long ago...First an alderman.  Then a state rep.  Then a US Senator...Then the presidency of the United States.  Most men would have been satisfied with that.  But not him.  No, not for him the lesser dreams of lesser men.  He had to have it ALL.

He achieved this last, greatest dream in the 4th year of his presidency.  He made his move, and he succeeded.  Now all the world was his.  Every soul on the planet answered to him.

Of course, there were a lot less people, now.  600 to be exact...Um, no, 597.  There were 3 more suicides in the bunker this week, he remembered. 

The president reflected on that, as he looked at the monitors that still worked.  There were six, but they all showed the same thing...Radioactive snow falling on a landscape of the eternal night of a graveyard world.

But it was all his.  His alone.

He'd made it to the top.

Or Kill Me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

Freeky

*GrumpButt*

*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Kai

That was chilling in a Bradbury's Martian Chronicles or Illustrated Man sort of way. :horrormirth:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on May 03, 2011, 02:00:11 AM
That was chilling in a Bradbury's Martian Chronicles or Illustrated Man sort of way. :horrormirth:

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all year.   :)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

This series has been the best fiction I've read on this forum, ever. 

Also, I'd vote for this president.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 02, 2011, 07:34:18 PM
The World President stood up from behind his desk, and stretched.  It had been a long day, one more in a series of long, long days ever since he started on the path to power. 

It was so long ago...First an alderman.  Then a state rep.  Then a US Senator...Then the presidency of the United States.  Most men would have been satisfied with that.  But not him.  No, not for him the lesser dreams of lesser men.  He had to have it ALL.

He achieved this last, greatest dream in the 4th year of his presidency.  He made his move, and he succeeded.  Now all the world was his.  Every soul on the planet answered to him.

Of course, there were a lot less people, now.  600 to be exact...Um, no, 597.  There were 3 more suicides in the bunker this week, he remembered. 

The president reflected on that, as he looked at the monitors that still worked.  There were six, but they all showed the same thing...Radioactive snow falling on a landscape of the eternal night of a graveyard world.

But it was all his.  His alone.

He'd made it to the top.

Or Kill Me.

Brrrrrr chills!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Freeky

I was thinking about this.  It's certainly grim, and shorter than you usually do, but I sort of liked it in that "Oh dear god :x " sort of way.  And it seemed less grimmer than other things you've written, but it isn't really.  The number of people who actually had to have died is too big to comprehend.  Hell, 300 is too big for me.