News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

The Times are A-Changin'

Started by Cuddlefish, November 05, 2010, 03:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 05, 2010, 04:51:25 PM
There are rumors she is already the official figurehead of the new Illuminati...

I don't see why that should stop us.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Dimo and LMNO-

I thought of something a couple of hours ago. Would you two be interested in forming a temporary side project and doing a couple of shows in Boston and Providence? Nothing schmancy or anything, basically just for fun and a little bit of musical collaboration/perspective broadening. We could probably just get a setlist of songs together like this- take a song, change the lyrics, change the pace but still have it be recognizable as the song that inspired it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 06, 2010, 03:38:39 AM
Dimo and LMNO-

I thought of something a couple of hours ago. Would you two be interested in forming a temporary side project and doing a couple of shows in Boston and Providence? Nothing schmancy or anything, basically just for fun and a little bit of musical collaboration/perspective broadening. We could probably just get a setlist of songs together like this- take a song, change the lyrics, change the pace but still have it be recognizable as the song that inspired it.

I'm down if you can get me to Mass. or if you guys can come to Providence. I'm all for it, but, unfortunately, transportation WILL be an issue for me. At least for the time being.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cuddlefist on November 06, 2010, 04:01:10 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 06, 2010, 03:38:39 AM
Dimo and LMNO-

I'm down if you can get me to Mass. or if you guys can come to Providence. I'm all for it, but, unfortunately, transportation WILL be an issue for me. At least for the time being.

Schedule wise it would be tricky for me, but I figure for rehearsal, we could just have some tracks online that we practice to and just do the show. For any shows of course we could work out what needs to be done transportation wise and what not.

LMNO

Drum Track: http://ifile.it/1c860tv/Times%20Drum%20Track.mp3

Please note: There is a four bar intro to each verse.  Also, the first and third lines of every verse has an extra bar tacked on. Listen to the original, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Please to enjoy.

Cuddlefish

Sounds good.

You're up, Twid.

I'm thinking when the guitar tracks and stuff are down, we should get together on a Friday or Saturday to do vocs, so we can get you guys in some back-up tracks.

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Nephew Twiddleton

Cool cool. I'm staying at A Villager's house for the next several days to tend to her, but I'll have use of her car. I'll have to swing back to my place and pick up my guitar and 4 track and such. Will work on it tomorrow and Tuesday.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 07, 2010, 12:52:41 PM
Drum Track: http://ifile.it/1c860tv/Times%20Drum%20Track.mp3

Please note: There is a four bar intro to each verse.  Also, the first and third lines of every verse has an extra bar tacked on. Listen to the original, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Please to enjoy.

Still having a problem with that site- could you upload it to Sound Cloud?

Triple Zero

here: http://devio.us/~tripzilch/Times%20Drum%20Track.mp3

btw, for relatively small files like this (up to 10mb, iirc), using your shiny new PD email accounts would be perfect.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Thanks Trip!

dimo and LMNO, will start working on this this afternoon.

Nephew Twiddleton

Pretty behind on this, but I'm back from taking care of A Villager and can focus on this a little more.

Sir Bearington