News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Norms, and the chaos within

Started by Xoder, June 25, 2004, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I should take a nap

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: June 25, 2004, 02:19:52 PM

Xoder

I have decided that I simply cannot deal with the people that might be called "normal" in our society. This news saddens me, for I make my love of all a point of pride, and it has made this more difficult. You know the type: reaching and grabbing for normalcy and order as though it was their mother's own teat, but rather than giving life, it gives a kind of living death, that can only be continued by more normal-worship.

Granted, I feel the same way about the people who totally give into chaos as well. Why, yes, the fire will burn you, just as surely as the ice will trap our good friends the anerists.
Quote from: The Principia, page 13It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs
Didn't Malcom, in one of the later Jurrassic Park books (you know, when M. C. brought him back from the dead because Speilberg didn't have the balls to kill Jeff Goldblum (would you?)), say something to the effect of on the edge of the fire of chaos and the ice of stagnation is the only place where innovation and life can occur. And he was a Chaos Theorist (as he was keen to point out).

I felt I was going somewhere with this, but really, I just wanted to take a nap, and I couldn't with all this bile in my head.
There would have been a sig here. If you loved your goddess enough!

Set your registers, initialize your program counter, and EXECUTE!

chaosgraves:agentoferis

I have decided that I simply cannot deal with the people that might be called "normal" in our society.(so pretty much eneryone). This news saddens me, for I make my love of all a point of pride, and it has made this more difficult.(either accept it or change it) You know the type: reaching and grabbing for normalcy and order as though it was their mother's own teat, but rather than giving life, it gives a kind of living death, that can only be continued by more normal-worship.(I sure do know the type and I forgive them for they know not what they do)

Granted, I feel the same way about the people who totally give into chaos as well.(I sure do know the type and I forgive them for they know not what they do) Why, yes, the fire will burn you, just as surely as the ice will trap our good friends the anerists.(asbestoes(sic?))
Quote from: The Principia, page 13It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs
(thats why a let it walk 5 feet in front of me)
Didn't Malcom, in one of the later Jurrassic Park books (you know, when M. C. brought him back from the dead because Speilberg didn't have the balls to kill Jeff Goldblum (would you?)), say something to the effect of on the edge of the fire of chaos and the ice of stagnation is the only place where innovation and life can occur.( I don't know that seems to be one of those books that normal people read) And he was a Chaos Theorist (as he was keen to point out).( but not a practitioneer)

I felt I was going somewhere with this, but really, I just wanted to take a nap, and I couldn't with all this bile in my head.( you really should take a nap)
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Trollax

Anything Fritjof Capra has ever written (specifically the web of life) is a great resource for understanding the fine lines that allow life as we know it to evolve. and the even finer ones that allow for organised social intelligence to arise.

There's also a book specifically on chaos theory called (funnily enough) chaos. But I forget who wrote it. I read it when I was 15 or so. but I've seen copies about the place (have to go and pick one up)

and have that nap

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: XoderI have decided that I simply cannot deal with the people that might be called "normal" in our society.

Welcome aboard.  Have some booze, and a shotgun.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: XoderI have decided that I simply cannot deal with the people that might be called "normal" in our society.

and where's mine?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

and where's mine?

Australians can't be trusted with shotguns.

Or booze.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Trollax

and where's mine?

Or booze.

What you mean our genetically inherited tolerance for alcohol and shooting genes got you jealous?

The Good Reverend Roger

and where's mine?

Or booze.

What you mean our genetically inherited tolerance for alcohol and shooting genes got you jealous?

It is that very tolerance that forbids you from partaking.

What's the point in wasting good booze on someone who can't get drunk?

No, you pouch-bellied, beer-swilling dingos will just have to do without.

Trollax

and where's mine?

Or booze.

It is that very tolerance that forbids you from partaking.

What's the point in wasting good booze on someone who can't get drunk?

No, you pouch-bellied, beer-swilling dingos will just have to do without.

*Goes back to his still* no Boomshine for you then.

And besides which, it's not us that drink to much, it is you who drink to little. Of course you're going to get ripped on a few shots of tequila if all you ever do is have one beer twice a week. Drinking is something you do every afternoon. Just have two or three over the course of an evening spent working on the outboard or the deck. But no. you do that sort of thing in the US and you have an alcohol problem...

Three cruisers over the course of an entire saturday, every weekend is not an alcohol problem.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Hah!

You Aussies need to start drinking absinthe!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"