News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

I R STOOPID

Started by hooplala, May 01, 2013, 07:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 02, 2013, 05:19:44 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 02, 2013, 10:18:46 AM
("communication occurs only between equals". - RAW) 

This is incorrect.  Communication only occurs in non-punishing situations.  Not the same thing.

Then there's actually worthwhile insight like this, ITT.

Pretty decent thread, honestly, especially if you consider RWHN's posts as entertainment.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 18, 2014, 03:11:17 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 18, 2014, 01:06:13 PM
Quote from: AFK on May 02, 2013, 05:11:07 AM
But then there is the conundrum where everyone is telling you that you are really smart, intelligent, etc., AND they are expecting you to fix shit and get shit done.  You certainly can have humility and acknowledge that you have limits and are of course fallible.  But when you have people depending on you, at some level you do have to take the mantle and run with it, that's just leadership.  If you don't, then you have a bunch of directionless, fearful people on your hands with sads.

I just thought I'd bump this little gem.

:lulz: Oh my god.

The first time I read it I think I just closed my eyes, hoping that it would go away and that he wasn't REALLY that guy.

I sat there, amazed at the sheer arrogance.  Especially given that he has zero leadership qualities.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Unless he hid it really really well, he wasn't like that ten years ago. Something along the line inflated his narcissism to hilarious proportions.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on December 18, 2014, 05:20:16 PM
Unless he hid it really really well, he wasn't like that ten years ago. Something along the line inflated his narcissism to hilarious proportions.

He founded a google group for other "preventionists", and they spent 6 years huffing each other's farts.  Think of it as tumblr for actual Nazis.
Molon Lube

QueenThera

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 18, 2014, 05:23:01 PM

He founded a google group for other "preventionists", and they spent 6 years huffing each other's farts.  Think of it as tumblr for actual Nazis.
"friendly reminder": there are actual neo-Nazis on tumblr already.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on December 18, 2014, 07:32:34 PM

He's talking about real-life grown-up policymakers and lobbyists, kiddo, not basement-dwelling racists.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

QueenThera

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 18, 2014, 07:35:01 PM

He's talking about real-life grown-up policymakers and lobbyists, kiddo, not basement-dwelling racists.
Okay, fair enough.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 18, 2014, 07:35:01 PM

Policymakers.   :lulz:

Ah, the good old days.  By which I mean the days when a rancid, misogynistic piece of shit dribbled his feeble hate all over the board.
Molon Lube

LMNO

That time made me sad, because I remember the kind of person he used to be, and his creatve ideas and contributions (and yes, he had them).

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 18, 2014, 10:28:32 PM
That time made me sad, because I remember the kind of person he used to be, and his creatve ideas and contributions (and yes, he had them).

Yeah, I feel like his personal life sent him off the deep end, to a level of involvement and dedication to his Cause that we just hadn't seen in him before. And it turned awful.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 18, 2014, 10:28:32 PM

Ditto. The original RWHN was pretty awesome, despite the puns.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 18, 2014, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 18, 2014, 02:15:10 PM
You could do the "PORTLAND TO PORTLAND" tour, Oregon to Maine (with a few side trips).

I don't ever want to go to Portland, Maine.  I picture it as the inverse Portland, where there isn't even any proper doom, just endless amounts of crappy beer and crappy people and nothing ever goes right and I don't LIKE anyone and there's RWHN all over my shoes, screaming about "protecting our assets and it's like the Reagan years NEVER ENDED.

Actually, Portland Maine is at least twice as awesome as Portland Oregon. Unfortunately, it's completely surrounded by Maine.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also, fuck you guys' revisionist history.

RWHN was never that cool. I met him back when he hadn't been on the board that long and he was a weirdly breathy and pallid little shitburger even back then.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 19, 2014, 09:32:21 AM
Also, fuck you guys' revisionist history.

RWHN was never that cool. I met him back when he hadn't been on the board that long and he was a weirdly breathy and pallid little shitburger even back then.

I only had what was on the board to go by. He was a good guy to me, which I didn't really deserve at the time.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cainad (dec.)

Maybe it's just because I joined this place when I was 17 and as I got older it was easier for me to see through him, but I definitely sensed a downward spiral.

I mean, he was always a dork but whatever his flaws, they got worse over time. Possibly as a result of his "sources" and everything else he used to back up his arguments being sussed out.

So maybe he always sucked, but at least there was a time when he wasn't quite as insufferably smug about how much he sucked.