News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

ATF Director steps down, moves to Justice Department

Started by Disco Pickle, August 30, 2011, 05:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20099228-10391695.html

(last paragraph redacted)

QuoteATF Acting Director Kenneth Melson is being moved out of the top job at the Bureau, ATF Special Agents in Charge announced during a conference call with reporters today. It's not yet publicly known where he would go, but sources inside the Justice Department believe one option is a transfer to a position at Department of Justice headquarters. The Justice Department had no immediate comment, and did not confirm the move.

Melson's move would be another in a number of high-level personnel shifts, as the Inspector General continues investigating the so-called gunwalker scandal at the Justice Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

The gunwalking scandal centered on an ATF program that allowed thousands of high-caliber weapons to knowingly be sold to so-called "straw buyers" who are suspected as middlemen for criminals. Those weapons, according to the Department of Justice, have been tied to at least 12 violent crimes in the United States, and an unknown number of violent crimes in Mexico.

"Fast and Furious" was designed to gather intelligence on gun sales, but ATF agents have told CBS News and members of Congress that they were routinely ordered to back off and allow weapons to "walk" when sold.

Sources tell CBS News that the Assistant US Attorney in Phoenix Emory Hurley, who helped oversee the controversial case called Fast and Furious, is expected to be transferred out of the Criminal Division into the Civil Division. Justice Department officials provided no immediate comment or confirmation. Hurley's boss, US Attorney in Arizona Dennis Burke, was interviewed by Congressional investigators behind closed doors on August 18.

Surprised no one has posted anything about this.  It's pretty fucking huge and the DOJ is trying to play damage control and hinder the investigation to protect political appointees to the Obama administration.  The DOJ is using it as a reason to try and pass new restrictions on gun sales in the border states designed to catch EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING.  That's fucking political genius.

I predict not a single fucking person will do any jail time for this.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Adios

I predict the CIA is polishing up it's 'No Comment' brochure.

Doktor Howl

A few things:

1.  Selling guns to criminals is just business, The American Way™.

2.  This particular case has been going on for some time.

3.  Nobody will do jail time for it.  Not in this universe.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

completely expected by all sides paying attention to this story, no?

Disco Pickle

I guess yeah, 6 years is a long time to be doing this shit.  I still find it hard to think of 2005 as a long time ago. 

Quote3.  Nobody will do jail time for it.  Not in this universe.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.  It's funny to hear quotes like "90% of guns recovered in Mexico come from the US" used by the left to advocate for stronger gun control laws when our own government is complicit in those guns crossing the border.

funny like this:  :horrormirth:
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Disco Pickle on August 30, 2011, 05:39:54 PM
I guess yeah, 6 years is a long time to be doing this shit.  I still find it hard to think of 2005 as a long time ago. 

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.  It's funny to hear quotes like "90% of guns recovered in Mexico come from the US" used by the left to advocate for stronger gun control laws when our own government is complicit in those guns crossing the border.

On the other hand, I'm an advocate of arming EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE, so I honestly fail to see a problem with any of this (aside from the BLATANT false-flag attempt to restrict firearms).
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 30, 2011, 05:43:39 PM

On the other hand, I'm an advocate of arming EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE, so I honestly fail to see a problem with any of this (aside from the BLATANT false-flag attempt to restrict firearms).

I can get behind that idea.

RESPAWNING IN 3..  2..  1..

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Disco Pickle on August 30, 2011, 05:50:54 PM

I just think the world is a more interesting - and polite - place, when everyone and their grandmother may be packing heat.

Besides, why should the government have ALL the fun?  Interventionism at the local level TODAY!
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I seriously doubt anyone would try to hijack a plane if the passengers were armed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on August 30, 2011, 05:56:04 PM
I seriously doubt anyone would try to hijack a plane if the passengers were armed.

And nothing says "HILARIOUS" like trigger-happy teabaggers in a pressurized cabin.

Dok,
Would make you check the gun and take an ax handle on the plane.

(Note:  My last flight, there was a whole family of Muslims flying into Houston, TX.  If everyone had been armed, it would have looked like the shootout at the OK Corral iron lung.)
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Would be a much more polite society I imagine. 

And I think I read a post of yours before discussing the axe handle idea.

Brilliant.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Disco Pickle on August 30, 2011, 05:50:54 PM

Seems to work fairly well for the Swiss, they have mandatory gun ownership.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl