News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 19, 2015, 03:01:31 AM
So, over the last few days, I have been troubleshooting a machine that is working as intended.

In short, a certain feedstock won't mill properly in the small jet mill.  We have taken it apart 3 times, and nothing is wrong.  I checked the compressors, and they are going balls out.  No issues.

They tried the feed in the big jet mill, and it didn't work there, either.  One might assume the feed stock is bad.

But no.

I spent the day at the doctor's today, being poked, prodded, exsanguinated, etc, and when I got out of the torture chamber, I call to check in.  New Filthy Assistant1 tells me that they called a contractor in to check the compressors (because physics isn't a thing, and I am not to be trusted), who said everything is fine, and that they now want to take the compressor on the big mill apart to check it (it has been working fine for every other product).  AND we're going to take BOTH mills apart tomorrow.  It seems that Jim and Lilly are desperate to run this product, and reality isn't going to get in the way.  Note that when taking the mills apart, there is a greater than zero chance of shattering the ceramic, which costs $35,000 and 4 days of downtime.

I can't decide if I'm enraged or amused.  I will be wounding peoples' inner children in the conference room tomorrow.

1  Old Filthy Assistant has indeed had a stroke, and is waiting for the corporate medical board to retire him.  I don't expect I'll see him again.

Wow.  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am absolutely exhausted and should not still be up.

Got confirmation for the Peru trip today.

Next up: Losing 20 lbs so I don't stroke out and die in the Andes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Demolition Squid

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 19, 2015, 06:49:07 AM

Congrats Nigel! Good luck with the weight loss.

Grandfather's funeral is today.

Last night I got in an argument with the celebrant (who is my Aunt's fiance) so... that was fun. My cousin has also gotten into a big argument with his mother so my uncle asked us to take him. Somehow this has all wound up being about petty family drama.

Very much looking forward to today being over.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

The Wizard Joseph

Just had a brief image in my head I gotta share.

Howl getting "psychic surgery" done to cure his brain things.

Howl's just laying there with an incredulous look.
Surgeon hums and begins to put fingers into head.
Brows furl. Fingers seem stuck. He tries to pull back and can't.
just as he seems to REALLY panic *pop* spontaneous combustion.
Howl gets up says "I warned you". Leaves with the donation jar.
fin

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 19, 2015, 03:48:03 PM

fin

Actually, the bastard got sucked into my head.  He's still there, screaming about his "rights".  Fuck that guy.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 19, 2015, 04:20:54 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 19, 2015, 03:48:03 PM

fin

Actually, the bastard got sucked into my head.  He's still there, screaming about his "rights".  Fuck that guy.

:fnord:  :lulz:

That was the first version I thought of... and yeah fuck that guy.

So there was a powwow going down in the break room when I got to work.

Found road salt on the surgical packroom floor... utoh!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Sir Squid Diddimus

I just walked around a corner and there was a vendor there that I wasn't expecting and I burped real loud right into his friggin face. Wasn't even sorry. Just kept walking.

http://i.imgur.com/gv2f6nH.gifv

EK WAFFLR

I'm in a new band. Improv black metal. Fuck yes.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hello Waffles on February 19, 2015, 07:55:55 PM

You are required to post a pic of yourself in the make up.
Molon Lube

Demolition Squid

Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 19, 2015, 07:58:16 PM

If I can get the other guys to don the makeup, yes. Not sure of that's possible though. Bloody noise/improv crew and their "use everyday wear" attitudes.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Hello Waffles on February 19, 2015, 08:39:46 PM

If I can get the other guys to don the makeup, yes. Not sure of that's possible though. Bloody noise/improv crew and their "use everyday wear" attitudes.

I thought corpse paint was everyday wear.   :sad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 19, 2015, 08:43:45 PM
Quote from: Hello Waffles on February 19, 2015, 08:39:46 PM

I thought corpse paint was everyday wear.   :sad:

Not for everyone, sadly.

[/b]

axod

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 19, 2015, 06:49:07 AM

And then, I'm always a fan of engaging in colorful local customs and regional remedies as well, known to to be effective for adapting to altitude.  Apparently the social climate round transit hubs in Lima is one thing to avoid, IIRC, no need to make any friends at bus/plane/train stations.  I'm sure you know this already, I kind of just wanted to participate by proxy in that adventure :). Have lots of too for us as well
just this