News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Things go boom

Started by LMNO, April 15, 2013, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 19, 2013, 05:30:32 PM
Quote from: stelz on April 19, 2013, 05:20:45 PM
*shudders*
I hope this doesn't go for says with people running out of food and stuff.

I saw the guy's uncle on TV. He's pissed.

Just seen that myself. Seems on the level. I hope that guy's OK because I've got a bad feeling about his future over the next few years.

Yea, I was watching watch. Feel wicked bad for the guy. I know firsthand not wanting to have contact with extended family for one reason or another. But then there's that one reporting OVER and OVER again "So can you tell me how YOU feel about America?" JFC shut up. "Do you know if they had training?" over and over after he already said no. Poor guy.

On another note, apparently they locked down the post office and social security office up here (30-40 min. north of Boston). Mail man told me they were in the PO's bomb shelter for a while and the SS office was still on lockdown, though they let him in with the mail. Wonder if someone made threat against a Federal Building or if they're just been EXTRA safe, since he said that was the first time that happened in the 26 years he's been there.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

LMNO

Seen on FB:

"..This week is so bad that an Elvis-impersonating conspiracy theorist sent poison to Obama and that's like the tenth biggest story."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 19, 2013, 06:54:18 PM
Seen on FB:

"..This week is so bad that an Elvis-impersonating conspiracy theorist sent poison to Obama and that's like the tenth biggest story."

:horrormirth:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

So, has this slowed back down again to a "wait and see"? 

The kid got away, didn't he?  And the police military are too bashful to admit it and lift the lockdown.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 19, 2013, 04:53:29 PM
"Hey there, mentally fragile, isolated, lonely kid. You want your human need for belonging to be satisfied? Well, shit... what you need is a good counselor and maybe some antidepressants, but instead, how about you join this totally fake terrorist cell composed of older, persuasive undercover FBI agents who will make you feel valued and important and feed on your loneliness and fragility to brainwash you into planting fake bombs for them so they can "bust" you and send you to jail for the rest of your life while they receive public funding and accolades for stopping terrorism. Sound cool?"

But we'll never know, because neither kid will be around to talk about it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 19, 2013, 07:18:49 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 19, 2013, 04:53:29 PM
"Hey there, mentally fragile, isolated, lonely kid. You want your human need for belonging to be satisfied? Well, shit... what you need is a good counselor and maybe some antidepressants, but instead, how about you join this totally fake terrorist cell composed of older, persuasive undercover FBI agents who will make you feel valued and important and feed on your loneliness and fragility to brainwash you into planting fake bombs for them so they can "bust" you and send you to jail for the rest of your life while they receive public funding and accolades for stopping terrorism. Sound cool?"

But we'll never know, because neither kid will be around to talk about it.

Yeah, this.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 19, 2013, 07:16:52 PM
So, has this slowed back down again to a "wait and see"? 

The kid got away, didn't he?  And the police military are too bashful to admit it and lift the lockdown.

So... are we still on lockdown?

LMNO

Anna Mae Bollocks

Golden Applesauce

So, at least two people work as hard as they can to cause death and mayhem. They have unlimited time to plan, operate in a densely populated area, and successfully attack a huge sporting event. Death toll: 3, plus a security guard later and maybe more in the ongoing manhunt.

Meanwhile, out in the middle of Nowhere, TX, a tiny facility - I've heard nine employees - that warehouses fertilizer catches fire by accident, blows up and demolishes entire neighborhoods. Death toll: 12 and counting, they're still pulling bodies out of the wreckage.

And we've had more than one chemical plant explosion in the past decade, all with casualties and massive property damage to surrounding houses. How many fatal bombings in the US in the past 10 years?

So can someone please explain to me why I just heard a senator saying we need to tighten immigration to handle this problem? By comparing track records it seems like we'd be safer hiring wannabe tererorists to run our chemical plants.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on April 19, 2013, 07:23:44 PM
So, at least two people work as hard as they can to cause death and mayhem. They have unlimited time to plan, operate in a densely populated area, and successfully attack a huge sporting event. Death toll: 3, plus a security guard later and maybe more in the ongoing manhunt.

Meanwhile, out in the middle of Nowhere, TX, a tiny facility - I've heard nine employees - that warehouses fertilizer catches fire by accident, blows up and demolishes entire neighborhoods. Death toll: 12 and counting, they're still pulling bodies out of the wreckage.

And we've had more than one chemical plant explosion in the past decade, all with casualties and massive property damage to surrounding houses. How many fatal bombings in the US in the past 10 years?

So can someone please explain to me why I just heard a senator saying we need to tighten immigration to handle this problem? By comparing track records it seems like we'd be safer hiring wannabe tererorists to run our chemical plants.

Because immigrants are scary and don't act like we do and don't own politicians.

The Good Reverend Roger

I work in a chemical plant that is disaster prone.

But we SPEND THE FUCKING MONEY to ensure that our DISASTERS only cost MONEY, and not LIVES, PROPERTY, or HORRIBLE CHEMICAL RELEASES INTO PEOPLES' LIVES.

And I have no fucking sympathy for those that don't.  YOU DO NOT STORE ANHYDROUS AMMONIA NEXT TO NITRATES.  ASSMONKEYS!

1 count of negligent homicide (at least) per dead person, per owner.  No shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

I just received word that Bostonians will not starve, as Dunkin Donuts remain open in the city.

See? You're saved. Even I know it's not a life or death situation until Dunkin closes.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

McGrupp

Quote from: Suu on April 19, 2013, 07:43:10 PM
I just received word that Bostonians will not starve, as Dunkin Donuts remain open in the city.

See? You're saved. Even I know it's not a life or death situation until Dunkin closes.

With Boston swarming with cops I would imagine that Dunkin Donuts will do good business.

Been watching the news at work and it seems to have degenerated to something like this:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLiwTZiq_pg