News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

weird money idea

Started by rong, January 20, 2014, 01:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Resigned Obligatorily on March 05, 2014, 07:23:57 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 05, 2014, 01:20:34 AM
Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 05, 2014, 12:23:20 AM
work really well

Compared to the other systems(failed experiments) probably, but another original idea could spring up from somewhere. Hopefully one that doesn't involve forcing itself on people at gun point. Australia has a great thing going, but they are still very human too.

Unlike those inhuman beasts in Denmark, Finland, and The Netherlands, you mean?  :lol:

Well, you don't exactly hear about their contributions to the world though. Furthermore, Den, Fin, and Neth are human too; meant that as a fair insult.

They might have some feel good stats to brag about, and those places are would be desirable to live in.
Its just that they still have their dirty secrets and realities of life. Just on a much smaller scare than the completely failed experiments.

(Note: Police actions are the opposite of contributions in any way shape of form.)
Insulting my people are you?
Where do you live?
Next time your country gets flooded we won't come to help. And no Gouda either!  :argh!:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on March 12, 2014, 08:27:43 AM
I save shiny jars.  I believe they could form a viable alternative currency to the Fed-dominated filthy rigged state-backed system we currently have.

I've seriously considered buying a bunch of hard drives and labelling them up as "One Bitcoin" "Ten Bitcoin" and so on and then selling them on the understanding that you can't connect it to anything without the risk of losing the saved coins.

If it hits $1000 again, it's going to be very difficult not to do this.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 12, 2014, 01:46:21 PM
I save shiny jars.  I believe they could form a viable alternative currency to the Fed-dominated filthy rigged state-backed system we currently have.

I've seriously considered buying a bunch of hard drives and labelling them up as "One Bitcoin" "Ten Bitcoin" and so on and then selling them on the understanding that you can't connect it to anything without the risk of losing the saved coins.

If it hits $1000 again, it's going to be very difficult not to do this.

There was recent article about people raiding dumps for hard drives to get lost bitcoin keys off them.

Here's an idea, get a bunch of broken hard drives. Sell them online saying broken hard drive, contained my bla bla bla (bitcoin wallet), if you can get it working go for it and sell them for 35 - 50 a pop.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz:

Jars are inherently useful for storing stuff, therefore they will never use their value.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

In the future wars will be fought over jars not oil.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Scilon Agent

If [a person] was considered to be in contempt of court or anything like that, [he was] simply fried since there was a curtain of radioactive material which went clear across the front of the bench anywhere that a witness or anybody would stand, and so on.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Every so often my odd categorical knowledge of all things Python pays off.

You all realize how lucky you are that I keep the references on an incredibly tight leash, right?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 13, 2014, 02:49:48 AM
Every so often my odd categorical knowledge of all things Python pays off.

You all realize how lucky you are that I keep the references on an incredibly tight leash, right?

YES. YES, WE DO!

LMNO

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

hirley0

ad 707 irley0 and 0 Guests are viewing this to pi c.