News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

OkCupid: A Guy's Perspective

Started by saturnine, March 03, 2011, 08:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 07, 2011, 05:17:10 PM
Quote from: Nigel on May 07, 2011, 07:03:12 AM
Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on May 07, 2011, 07:02:05 AM
Mr. Bones sounds like the name for a teddy bear of a particularly morbid-minded child.

Oh, he's much worse than that.

And someday I will get my hands on him and throw him in the river.

right over a bridge support, I assume?

EXACTLY.

Mr. Bones is a troublemaker, and I intend to end him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Who IS this guy?? :?

Did you talk about him before? Sometimes I get the nicknames confused a bit.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 07, 2011, 06:30:54 PM
Who IS this guy?? :?

Did you talk about him before? Sometimes I get the nicknames confused a bit.

Nope. Just met him in March.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

OK, so I just got messaged by some typical pagan chick (morbidly obese, uses too much eyeliner to try to cover obvious skin flaws) who responded to my anti-portland-douchebag diatribe by quoting the "Portlanditis" comic that was posted a few days back as though it were her own original thought.

I can't decide whether to link her to her own intellectual plagiarism and point out that it's exactly what I'd expect from the kind of person I was talking about in the rant, or if I should just reply with "Sorry, I'd respond to you but I'm virulently racist against Pagans."

:lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 13, 2011, 10:49:05 PM
OK, so I just got messaged by some typical pagan chick (morbidly obese, uses too much eyeliner to try to cover obvious skin flaws) who responded to my anti-portland-douchebag diatribe by quoting the "Portlanditis" comic that was posted a few days back as though it were her own original thought.

I can't decide whether to link her to her own intellectual plagiarism and point out that it's exactly what I'd expect from the kind of person I was talking about in the rant, or if I should just reply with "Sorry, I'd respond to you but I'm virulently racist against Pagans."

:lulz:

Tell her to wash off the patchouli, stop plagiarizing, and try again.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

President Television

So I set up an okcupid account yesterday, and I must say I'm disappointed. Haven't found anyone particularly creepy or repulsive yet.
Though on the upside, I did find this one totally awesome girl on there who's a student taxidermist, and have now developed a total platonic crush. Nothing romantic, just "HOLY SHIT THIS PERSON IS AWESOME". It is glorious.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Laughin Jude

I've more or less abandoned my OkCupid profile, but it's not the only profile I've made on dating sites. Sometimes I make them just for fun and so I can browse and people-watch rather than any intention of contacting anyone. That's why I still get spam from the Atlasphere.  :x

That said, once in a while I still get emails on these sites despite me only logging in once in a blue moon, and they're never from anyone I see being a good match for me. It comes down to:

My ideal someone: A semi-nerdy intelligent tomboy who reads and thinks for herself but still looks good in a dress when we go out dancing. (Also someone to learn to dance better with.)

What I'm attracting: Persons of occasionally questionable gender whose interests are basically just lists of British bands from the 80's that I've never heard of and references to Marxism.

Obviously I'm doing something way, way wrong.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just got asked out by a guy who is of more or less my own race. This is fairly unusual, since I live in Portland. He has FIVE KIDS. FIVE!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Laughin Jude on May 22, 2011, 02:02:23 AM
I've more or less abandoned my OkCupid profile, but it's not the only profile I've made on dating sites. Sometimes I make them just for fun and so I can browse and people-watch rather than any intention of contacting anyone. That's why I still get spam from the Atlasphere.  :x

That said, once in a while I still get emails on these sites despite me only logging in once in a blue moon, and they're never from anyone I see being a good match for me. It comes down to:

My ideal someone: A semi-nerdy intelligent tomboy who reads and thinks for herself but still looks good in a dress when we go out dancing. (Also someone to learn to dance better with.)

What I'm attracting: Persons of occasionally questionable gender whose interests are basically just lists of British bands from the 80's that I've never heard of and references to Marxism.

Did you spell out exactly what you want in your profile? I find that helps.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Laughin Jude on May 22, 2011, 02:02:23 AM

My ideal someone: YOU GOT TITS?!?!?!?

What I'm attracting: YOU GOT SOMETHING I COULD PUT MY PENIS IN?!?!?!? YES?!?!?!? PERFECT

There go with that
Your welcome in advance.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Laughin Jude

Three minutes of searching has revealed that the woman who most recently contacted me writes Kirk/Spock BDSM fan-fiction.

Welp.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Laughin Jude on May 22, 2011, 05:44:49 AM
Three minutes of searching has revealed that the woman who most recently contacted me writes Kirk/Spock BDSM fan-fiction.

Welp.

If you don't answer that, you will regret it every day of your life.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.