News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Year of the Horseshit.

Started by Salty, February 03, 2014, 06:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Ladies and gentlemen, the Wall Street Journal has well and truly jumped the shark.

On a horse, no less.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-CJB-20594?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

QuoteStill, a look back at previous turns of the zodiac cycle shows how far China has come. The last year of the horse, roughly coinciding with 2002, was a good one for China's economy.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Junkenstein

Well it was only a matter of time until they started picking stocks from how entrails float anyway.

It's also nice to note that this is almost the exact opposite of some stuff that Cain put up recently stating pretty much the exact opposite.  That makes me think that the backer of the WSJ may have some kind of financial interest in the performance of the Chinese economy. Or perhaps would at least like everyone else to stay invested while they cash out. What I'm getting at is this is horseshit with a motive, but I can't quite tell what that is.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Rupert Murdoch owns the WSJ.

Rupert Murdoch had significant holdings in Star TV.  Which he sold, last month.   After divorcing his wife, a former Star TV executive.  Who is having an affair with Tony Blair (allegedly).

Junkenstein

Ah, shit. I'm badly behind on Murdoch fuckery. That throws my guess out the window unless this is throwing his ex a bone? Seems unlikely. That said, an affair with Blair seems unlikely but I can't exactly discount given the nature of the relationship between UK politicians and press. Brooks got relatively little coverage over her affair so I would assume there's still plenty of favours around that can be called in.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

You might be surprised

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=blair+wendi+deng+affair

As for the reporting, I strongly suspect that the WSJ doesn't know what to write about China now Murdoch has divested his investments, and so are going for the "all is good" standard booster until they adjust, and then start on the ever popular China-bashing.

Junkenstein

How I missed this, I have no idea. The language and various statement I've had a quick skim over makes it look pretty legit.

QuoteMr Blair's friends told The Mail on Sunday that the relationship between him and Ms Deng was "entirely innocent and above board". Mr Blair's office has also categorically denied an affair. A spokesman for Mr Murdoch declined to comment, as did Ms Deng's spokesman.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/relations-between-tony-blair-and-rupert-murdoch-collapse-after-claims-of-meetings-with-exwife-wendi-deng-8960921.html

That's about as close as UK press comes to "They dun it. Lots."

Cain

Probably the same way most people are unaware of Prince Philip's multiple affairs...because the British press are deferential to power, and Tony Blair-Rupert Murdoch-Wendy Deng are still powers, of a sort.  Yes, they did report on it, but it died down very quickly after the denials, and no-one really bothered to ask how long this was going on for, did this impact UK-China policy, relations between Blair and the press etc etc.

Junkenstein

Google searches I wish I never made #34425 - "Prince Philip Multiple affairs"

Why I thought there would be anything but horror here, I again, have no fucking idea.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 03, 2014, 11:44:51 AM
Google searches I wish I never made #34425 - "Prince Philip Multiple affairs"

Why I thought there would be anything but horror here, I again, have no fucking idea.

BRB, Googling...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."