News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Day of Discord : Edinburgh '10

Started by Payne, February 25, 2010, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

I would PM RB and get the hostel details.

Payne

And yeah, hostels should be easier to book for a day or two outside of the festival weekend.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 31, 2010, 11:15:42 AM
Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on May 30, 2010, 12:14:25 PM
Me and Payne were thinking we could do picnic stuffs for peeps in exchange for being bribed with booze.

Any takers?

Um yes? I think? We give you booze, you give us ... haggis? meat pies? :fap:

Also, I finally managed to contact my friends in Edinbugh (that I stayed at in DOD08), but they're busy that weekend :(

Um, so, what are my other options for surviving the night there? Without having to sleep under a cricket stadium? :-P

I suppose hostels are easier to book outside of the festival weeks, yeah?

picnic yes :)

also:

Quotewas looking at this place, as I am literally just going to sleep there so I don't have to fuck off 7pm

http://www.brodieshostels.co.uk/

cheap as chips me hearty smile

x

Pope Pixie Pickle

I was going to make some awesome sammiches and some salads and stuff, so any allergies and diet requirements please!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on June 01, 2010, 01:15:05 PM
Quotewas looking at this place, as I am literally just going to sleep there so I don't have to fuck off 7pm

x

9 pounds a night :eek: that's not bad at all, indeed, for just a place to crash those beds look affordably sleepable!

Hey, Regret, have you thought about crashing places yet?

If we all stay in the same place (such as Brodies), it's probably most convenient for getting about and back.

Also, ATTENTION SYNAPTYX!! maybe you know about this already, but my friend sent me this link: http://www.taxitravels.co.uk/nightbus/
Which is a bus that goes back and from kirkcaldy, so maybe you don't have to leave at 23h to catch the last train this year?

Pixie I'm not allergic to anything! And there are hardly any foods that I don't like.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pope Pixie Pickle

So, so far that is food for 4.

Any more takers on the lunch stuff need to speak up.

Triple Zero

About the booze-bribes, I'm not sure if I can bring a bottle of Dutch Booze over, btw. Since I'll be travelling with hand luggage only, and you can't bring any liquids in hand luggage and such ... I could ask them if jello shots are okay?

Although whatever you buy in the tax-free area is considered "safe". Except Bremen is a tiny airport I forget what their taxfree booze shop looks like. Buuuuuut it is in GERMANY, which means that, even though we might not be able to get Weduwe Joustra (just to show you spags what an average non-disgusting bitter tastes like instead of Jaeger), strong liquor is nearly half-price in Germany, so tax-free even cheaper maybe (yeah the difference is in the taxes also, but "tax free" shops in Schiphol are still expensive as fuck).

And if all else fails we'll get some in the UK :-P Probably beers then, because we don't need to carry them that far and I prefer beers over strong liquor for not getting immediately completely shitfaced.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 01, 2010, 02:48:22 PM
Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on June 01, 2010, 01:15:05 PM

x

9 pounds a night :eek: that's not bad at all, indeed, for just a place to crash those beds look affordably sleepable!

Hey, Regret, have you thought about crashing places yet?

If we all stay in the same place (such as Brodies), it's probably most convenient for getting about and back.

Also, ATTENTION SYNAPTYX!! maybe you know about this already, but my friend sent me this link: http://www.taxitravels.co.uk/nightbus/
Which is a bus that goes back and from kirkcaldy, so maybe you don't have to leave at 23h to catch the last train this year?

Pixie I'm not allergic to anything! And there are hardly any foods that I don't like.
i looked into getting a hostel reservation thingy, but it demanded a creditcard  and i no have, so if i could impose on you to arrange this too :D i will do a happy dance, buy you a beer, give you a hug and (of course) give you the monies for my lodgings.

My diet data:
Don't force me to drink a lot milk unless you want me to fart alot.
I need a lot of iron in my diet or i get lightheaded, but it takes about 2 weeks of no red meat (or other high iron food) before i feel anything, so don't worry about that too much.
aka nothing important.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Roaring Biscuit!

i can bring teh alcohols, probably just whatever survives the undoubtably riotous week following end of exams here, also, Lady Biscuit may attend, she is vegetarian, but she ain't told me whether she really wants to come or not yet.

x

edd

Pope Pixie Pickle

Um I am unable to book stuff by card as the budget is low and it looks like we will be drinking in pubs, so just buy me and Payne a pint. I also only has nets on my phone which usually means that I cannot buy stuff online.

Bring your girl, RB it would be cool!

So with regret that's 5 for food, so far. 

Pope Pixie Pickle

I tried to load the hostel page on my phone and it crashed my phone without even loading.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on June 04, 2010, 01:49:02 PM
Um I am unable to book stuff by card as the budget is low and it looks like we will be drinking in pubs, so just buy me and Payne a pint. I also only has nets on my phone which usually means that I cannot buy stuff online.

Bring your girl, RB it would be cool!

So with regret that's 5 for food, so far. 

OK cool you get pints :D

also, if Payne still has that Internet USB stick thing he had last year, I'm a bring my netbook anyway, so we can be online anywhere. Not that I plan on doing much nerd spagging though. I'm trying to cut down eh :)

Jasper

DoD was supposed to be 5.23, what's the DEAL?!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sigmatic on June 05, 2010, 12:46:10 AM
DoD was supposed to be 5.23, what's the DEAL?!

We decided to shift the date to some time when a load of people could actually be there! :)

Jasper

Cool!

It just sounds so fun that I was getting impatient to hear about it.