News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Well, that's gonna put a fucking damper on things

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 20, 2011, 08:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

ECH, this article may be of interest.  It's about Grant Achatz, a world-class chef who got tongue cancer, lost all his tatse buds during treatment, and continued to cook great food, even though he couldn't taste what he was cooking.

Just something to think about.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think he should become a coroner, for the fucking awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

FUUUUCK DUDE  D:

Oddly, my advice was going to be what Rog said.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 21, 2011, 05:30:44 PM

Somewhere horrible, but not too large.

LIKE NEW ORLEANS.

You should watch Steven Seagal: Lawman. Technically Jefferson Parish (Westbank, not Orleans Parish) but you DO get to watch him pop off some nutria in episode 09 of season 01.

Anyway, working in NOLA would make it possible for you to continue the "lifestyle to which you are accustomed." Also: I'll be living there in a year or so.

navkat

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 21, 2011, 06:03:44 PM
ECH, this article may be of interest.  It's about Grant Achatz, a world-class chef who got tongue cancer, lost all his tatse buds during treatment, and continued to cook great food, even though he couldn't taste what he was cooking.

Just something to think about.

Totally think it's possible.

East Coast Hustle

:lulz:

Listen, I have a ton of confidence in my talent and ability, but I'm also a realistic person. I'm no Grant Achatz (who I have more respect for than pretty much any chef alive).
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

I was sure that Zeke's got a Michelin star back in the day....

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on March 22, 2011, 03:23:10 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 21, 2011, 05:30:44 PM

Somewhere horrible, but not too large.

LIKE NEW ORLEANS.

You should watch Steven Seagal: Lawman. Technically Jefferson Parish (Westbank, not Orleans Parish) but you DO get to watch him pop off some nutria in episode 09 of season 01.

Anyway, working in NOLA would make it possible for you to continue the "lifestyle to which you are accustomed." Also: I'll be living there in a year or so.

Why the hell would anyone go "Yay, a flood plain; I think I'll go live on it"?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 22, 2011, 12:03:00 PM
I was sure that Zeke's got a Michelin star back in the day....

No, you're confused. We had a couple of michelin tires laying around being used as flowerpots.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on March 22, 2011, 03:29:14 PM
Why the hell would anyone go "Yay, a flood plain; I think I'll go live on it"?

I know one reason...

AFK

Also, if everyone relocated away from all of the really dangerous natural disasters, everyone would basically be living in the Northwest and the Northeast.

I don't want any more neighbors.  I like my space. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Freeky

Tucson doesn't get natural disasters.*

*Our fires are usually caused by stupid campers who don't take care of their fucking fires.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 22, 2011, 03:32:47 PM

Dear lord chickory coffee and beignets from Cafe du Monde.....   :cry:  I WANT NOW!!!!