News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Vader's height

Started by nurbldoff, June 04, 2005, 11:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tomorrow Comes Todaydude...have you SEEN episode 3?

I'm seriously boggled as to how anyone can possibly think that's not the most horrifying cinematic travesty since Bonzo.

8)

I'm waiting for DVD.

I heard Jar Jar Binks gets killed, and that alone is worth the price of a rental.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Drunken Monkey Cabal

you dont get to see jar jar get killed as far as i remember.

and turd ur just unhappy because of the whole middle section. completly forget any scenes involving anakin/padme alone and it improves mucho.

the battle scenes were good, which is what i watch any star wars film for.

also quiet funny watching the jedi get owned. getting shot in the back by storm troopers. lameos

Ben

I liked SW3.  It had more to admire about it than flaws, though I am a special effects junkie.  Turd is just being a Hotsumian critic.  However, the plot did get a little confusing to me though.  Like, episode 3 is supposed to actually be the prequel to the original star wars.  But there was something about an immortality master coming into play at the end of SW3 and what did immortality have to do with the original trilogy?   And it's been a while since I've seen the original SW trilogy but Luke and Leah were siblings?  I don't remember that.  Weren't they a bit inbred?  Maybe I was just too young or fucked up when I saw the other star wars movies and forgot those parts, but if not, there were some flaws in the plot of SW3.

gnimbley

Yeah, Luke and Leah were brother and sister. That was "revealed" in
the third movie, Something-or-other of the Jedi.

"Leah, I am your brother."
"Somehow, I've always known that."

One of the worse dramatic scenes on film.

LMNO

And if i recall, there was a notorious synching problem in that scene, so it looked like a bad Godzilla movie...

Ah, the genius of George Lucas.  :roll:

Horab Fibslager

there's some odd clipping and tearing in the cgi in sw3. as well the stormtroppers move funny in cgi mode, which is odd because the dorids and every other piece of cgi is fanfuckingtastic, including ht ecomplicated bit near the end, which is htebest bit of cgi i've ever seen.
Hell is other people.

AFK

Quote from: Bencalypse the middlerI liked SW3.  It had more to admire about it than flaws, though I am a special effects junkie.  Turd is just being a Hotsumian critic.  However, the plot did get a little confusing to me though.  Like, episode 3 is supposed to actually be the prequel to the original star wars.  But there was something about an immortality master coming into play at the end of SW3 and what did immortality have to do with the original trilogy?   And it's been a while since I've seen the original SW trilogy but Luke and Leah were siblings?  I don't remember that.  Weren't they a bit inbred?  Maybe I was just too young or fucked up when I saw the other star wars movies and forgot those parts, but if not, there were some flaws in the plot of SW3.

The immortality master bit was to explain why in the original trilogy Ben Kenobi and Yoda could die but then come back to talk to Luke.  I don't think he really needed to throw that in.  I always assumed it was just some Jedi power Kenobi, Yoda, and Annakin had mastered.  

Star Wars was great but he really soiled his legacy with the prequel Trilogy.  You are always remembered for the last thing you do.  (Do you hear that Sentenced????)  I'll always have a special place in my geek heart for the Star Wars franchise but now when I think of "epic trilogy" Lord of the Rings comes to mind before Star Wars.  Forget about how they deviate from the books but as just pure movies LOTR were much better made than the prequel Star Wars for sure and I think it rivals if not outdoes even the original trilogy.  But, that's just my take.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

nurbldoff

I agree that ep 1-3 should never have been made in the first place. They were much cooler as rumours than as actual films.

All traces of originality are apparently leaving the hollywood movie factory. Everything that comes out nowadays seems to be adaptations of some cult book, comic or just a remake of a foreign movie. Really, what's so fantastic about having your childhood fantasies raped by mediocre actors and cgi characters on the screen?

I admit it's not all crap, but imagine what could have come out of all the efforts that went into e.g. LOTR if they had based it on an original (good) screenplay... it might actually have been exciting in a real way instead of in just the "will it suck?" way.

So, while Ep 3 wasn't very good, but given its predecessors and everything, I was positively surprised on the whole.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

nurbldoff

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?
The immortality master bit was to explain why in the original trilogy Ben Kenobi and Yoda could die but then come back to talk to Luke.  I don't think he really needed to throw that in.  I always assumed it was just some Jedi power Kenobi, Yoda, and Annakin had mastered.  

It was also used by Palpatine as a bait for Anakin to join the dark side, because then he would be able to save his wife from dying while giving birth. So I'd say it's a pretty important part of the story actually.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

Horab Fibslager

naw, the bait was the thing over life and creatign life. chances are, and i though t this was  obvious, but ol palpatine was influncing vader's dreams to give him visions.
Hell is other people.

Aron

The new star wars movies sucked? What are you talking about? They are full of lightsabers and awesome transitions between the scenes! What is there not to love?

LMNO

Quote from: AronThe new star wars movies sucked? What are you talking about? They are full of lightsabers and awesome transitions between the scenes! What is there not to love?

There's this thing they came up with a while back... It's called "acting".  I'm surprised Lucas hasn't heard of it.

Horab Fibslager

although it does have th ebest acting out of hte whole newer trilogy...
Hell is other people.

LMNO

That's like saying the acting in "The 13th Gate" was better than the acting in "Cannonball Run"