News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Long Now Say What?

Started by Template, August 15, 2009, 05:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Template

I don't know how many here are aware/familiar with the Long Now Foundation, but I saw this in their blog today:

http://blog.longnow.org/2009/08/14/in-teh-beginz-is-teh-meow-lolcat-bible/

I don't even know what to think of it.

http://longnow.org

Iason Ouabache

LOLCat Bible has been around for awhile. I did a couple of verses a couple of months ago but I can't remember which ones they were. I don't think I even think I signed up for an account.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Template

I was aware of the LOLcat Bible.  I was just surprised where it appeared.

Requia ☣

One of the Long Now's biggest projects involved translating part of the bible into 6000+ different languages.  The LolCat Bible project makes sense in that context.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Template

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 16, 2009, 12:02:44 AM
One of the Long Now's biggest projects involved translating part of the bible into 6000+ different languages.  The LolCat Bible project makes sense in that context.

Oh.  Of course.  How silly of me.

Captain Utopia

I'm going to take an uneducated stab in the dark and say PR. If they seriously think there's going to be tribes of people speaking only in LOLcat in the distant future who will gain utility from their LOLcat translation, then they are morons. Both the tribes, and longnow, obviously. In which case, fuck 'em. Again, both.

Requia ☣

The long now has nothing to do with the lolcat bible, they just pointed out a biblical translation.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Captain Utopia

Nast

I don't know what's up your cooch, but I think the Lolcat Bible is delightful, IRL utility or not.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."