News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Intermittens #5

Started by hooplala, December 18, 2008, 04:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

nice! would make a nice cover image, too.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

I will include it within the cover idea I have cooked up.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Fuquad

Can we refer to issue four as "The things mankind is not meant to know issue'?

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Dysfunctional Cunt

What is the "official" theme for this issue???

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Fuquad on January 13, 2009, 08:06:14 PM

I personally like the idea of being vague to the point where simply "Issue Four" becomes meme-like. It certainly is implied that it contains things mankind is not meant to know, but the variety of letters to the editor (of which I wrote most, heh) also suggest that maybe it was mind-blowingly offensive, moronic, or horrifying.

It's sort of like a shoggoth.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cainad on January 13, 2009, 08:21:08 PM
Quote from: Fuquad on January 13, 2009, 08:06:14 PM

I personally like the idea of being vague to the point where simply "Issue Four" becomes meme-like. It certainly is implied that it contains things mankind is not meant to know, but the variety of letters to the editor (of which I wrote most, heh) also suggest that maybe it was mind-blowingly offensive, moronic, or horrifying.

It's sort of like a shoggoth.

That doesn't help me think up shit for Jenne and I to make fun of!!!!

Cainad (dec.)

Well, thus far it looks like the theme for issue #5 is issue #4 :lulz:

hooplala

Quote from: Mask of the K on January 13, 2009, 08:17:26 PM
What is the "official" theme for this issue???

The Law of Fives.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Cainad on January 13, 2009, 08:39:18 PM
Well, thus far it looks like the theme for issue #5 is issue #4 :lulz:

I will mention the now non-existent Issue #4, but I don't want it to eclipse the issue itself.  I will mention it in the editorial, and will include letters to the editor about it, but otherwise it will be business as usual.

We can also include letters about Issue #4 in subsequent issues as well... no reason it should die so quickly.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cainad (dec.)

I agree. I'd rather let the Issue #4 drama be spread out, for the sake of extra lulz and ++SUBTLETY

Anyway, Law of 5s. Generally when we use that phrase on PD.com we're making fun of people seeing connections where none exist. Is that the tack we're taking here? If so, that pic someone posted somewhere about the word "Nazi" and turning it into a swastika or something might be relevant.

LMNO

YOu could probably approach it from several angles.

Sure, the FAIL part is fun, but the fact that is is absolutely necessary for existence should be mentioned, as well.

hooplala

I would like to tackle it from all sides, both pro and con.  Otherwise, what is the point of it being a magazine?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cainad on January 13, 2009, 08:46:27 PM
I agree. I'd rather let the Issue #4 drama be spread out, for the sake of extra lulz and ++SUBTLETY

Anyway, Law of 5s. Generally when we use that phrase on PD.com we're making fun of people seeing connections where none exist. Is that the tack we're taking here? If so, that pic someone posted somewhere about the word "Nazi" and turning it into a swastika or something might be relevant.

If you only see the FAIL, then I think you might be missing the point...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 13, 2009, 08:59:30 PM
Quote from: Cainad on January 13, 2009, 08:46:27 PM

If you only see the FAIL, then I think you might be missing the point...

No, I know there is another side to the Law of 5s. I just don't have as much fun talking about it.

hooplala

So, is anyone interested in writing any pieces concerning the Law of Fives?  Even if it only vaguely touches on the subject, or is a bizarre angle on the topic?

If so, PM me with it so I can get started...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman