News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

The Celtic Cheese Incident

Started by Richter, January 12, 2009, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

I hit up Trader Joe's on Saturday with Suu for more of the bowel rending curry I am growing to love so.  As we perused the cheese offerings, we see a "Celtic Cheddar".  The resulting tirade was rougly as follows:

"CELTIC?  Why not just label it ambiguous trendy marketing based off a tremendously wide ranging and diverse group of peoples?  DO you mean IRISH?  This makes me want to take that cheese, partially liquify it in a broiler Alton Brown style, find a new age "Druid", flip up his fuckign white robes, and shove it straight up his a...  Oh look, Mozzarella." 

At this point the tirade aborted as I saw a mother with small children.  Several folks sidled away.  One friendly lady advised me of the quality of the mozzarella.   

The cheese itself was OK.  An interesting midpoint between a Vermont cheddar and a good Parmesan. 
Suu got some, we ate most of it with bread.  I also sandwiched some in chicken breast with fresh basil and garlic.  Came out good.  I'd repeat, just with a bit less basil (it overrode the cheese more than I wanted.)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Hey, is Celtic Cheese more Parishable than other Cheeses?   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

No, it'll just get you glassed by Rangers fans if you accidentally walk into the wrong pub with it.

indigoblade

Quote from: Payne on January 12, 2009, 04:33:23 PM
No, it'll just get you glassed by Rangers fans if you accidentally walk into the wrong pub with it.
Or be taken over by a roman cheese and be subdued by the roman cheeses superiour military strength, tactics and weapons.
What?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: indigoblade on January 12, 2009, 04:57:49 PM
Or be taken over by a roman cheese and be subdued by the roman cheeses superiour military strength, tactics and weapons.

Or it will become a catchphrase and widely misused symbol for some fad/religious movement that roughly bases itself on pretty much anything it perceives to be outside of Christian tradition.

indigoblade

Quote from: Cainad on January 12, 2009, 05:18:54 PM

Or it will become a catchphrase and widely misused symbol for some fad/religious movement that roughly bases itself on pretty much anything it perceives to be outside of Christian tradition.
:lulz:
What?

Richter

This is EXACTLY the shit that pisses me off.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Richter on January 12, 2009, 05:46:13 PM

This is EXACTLY the shit that pisses me off.

Whut? Yuo mean THIS isn't historically accurate? :eek:

*runs and hides*

Bruno

Little known fact: The Celts all had Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
Formerly something else...

Richter

Little known fact:  This cheese MUST be stocked in the back of the dairy case.  Once Italian cheeses have formed an empire and have kicked it out, extracted tribute, killed it's leaders, and pushed it to the farthest corner of the chilled good empire, then it is aged enough to sell.

AFK

The real test of a cheese is whether or not it makes a good Grilled Cheese sandwhich.  If it doesn't, it is of no use in the WHN house. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Sir Squid Diddimus

indigoblade

What?

Richter

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 12, 2009, 08:18:51 PM
The real test of a cheese is whether or not it makes a good Grilled Cheese sandwhich.  If it doesn't, it is of no use in the WHN house. 

Suu made a grilled cheese of it on whole wheat nan.  Said it was OK, but the bread was thick, and tricky to heat all the way through.

Cain

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on January 12, 2009, 06:21:40 PM
Little known fact: The Celts all had Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

To anyone who has had the misfortune to live in Glasgow and meet their fans, this is widely known.