OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I've got bets on it being released the exact night before.  Like a child doing his homework at the very final minute.

Junkenstein

I'll take that one, no problem.

I've got all my cash on "not actually done a single thing beyond the shit already cut from the last one". I'm reasonably confident that the TV show will finish well before the next book.

Iron Islands/missing plotlines - Iron Islands will be done in an episode, 2 tops. Tyrions half a book of boat ride got cut to much further along so I'd expect more of the same there. I'm pretty sure they've not bothered killing whoever it was they had for the Greyjoy king yet. They might just handwave that entire thing too. Keeps the core plot coming at least. You can guess chunks of the season from existing text, order's a bit altered but to no real consequence. They'll probably be comfortably into anything GRRM considers as book 7 material by midway through the series.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Cain

Looks like it is time to get my suit dry-cleaned and locate my sunglasses.  I may be back in the security contracting biz.

At the very least, I have a meeting in 3 weeks time to discuss the possibility of a contract.  Internally, with my current employer, but it's better than nothing.

LMNO

Should I ask exactly what that entails?

At least, is this a good thing or the best of a bad one?

Cain

Basically, you may recall I made some complaints about security in April, as part of an attempt to secure security contracting work.

That attempt failed, so I reworded it and sent it directly to the principal, alongside a couple of stories about recent incidents.

Result: meeting with him and head of operations in 3 weeks time to discuss my proposal.

LMNO

Freeky

Cain

Interestingly, I mentioned the incident from two months ago, when we had an intruder get inside the building for 15 minutes.  Today, while I was sleeping, the head of operations rang the office to ask about when this occured and to get more details on it.

Makes me think someone did not pass that information up the chain of management...

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The last couple of days, I have been agonizing about whether I want to apply for the MD/PhD or just the PhD program. And I found a lab I'd like to work in, if I go the PhD route. I really have a few months before I need to decide, applications are due January 1.

If I do the MD/PhD, I probably need to wait a year before applying, to get my application really ready. That puts me at about 55 by the time I graduate... and while ultimately I'd make more money, I'm not sure that's what I want to do. If I do the PhD and get into my first choice program, I'd be starting next year and finishing in 2020, age 49, ready to apply for a postdoc.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Responsible crazy personing: assigning friends to create temporary homes for your most dangerous tools in the event of a very bad brain day.

I have a dremmel now! And titanium scissors!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 20, 2015, 06:02:00 PM
The last couple of days, I have been agonizing about whether I want to apply for the MD/PhD or just the PhD program. And I found a lab I'd like to work in, if I go the PhD route. I really have a few months before I need to decide, applications are due January 1.

If I do the MD/PhD, I probably need to wait a year before applying, to get my application really ready. That puts me at about 55 by the time I graduate... and while ultimately I'd make more money, I'm not sure that's what I want to do. If I do the PhD and get into my first choice program, I'd be starting next year and finishing in 2020, age 49, ready to apply for a postdoc.

Which do you think would be more fun for you when it's done?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 21, 2015, 12:02:43 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 20, 2015, 06:02:00 PM

Which do you think would be more fun for you when it's done?

I really, honestly can't decide.