News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

ITT, Holist demonstrates why his "English" is superior.

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 28, 2012, 10:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signora Pæsior

Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Epimetheus

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 02, 2012, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: holist on November 02, 2012, 10:12:01 AM
Cheer up! :lulz:

Apparently reading comprehension isn't one of his strong suits either.

I thought it was clearly a facetious comment mimicking the shallow judgments mentioned in Phox's OP -
but it didn't contribute anything. Holist should do some reading (see listener guideline #4).
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chimes on November 03, 2012, 06:18:53 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 02, 2012, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: holist on November 02, 2012, 10:12:01 AM
Cheer up! :lulz:

Apparently reading comprehension isn't one of his strong suits either.

I thought it was clearly a facetious comment mimicking the shallow judgments mentioned in Phox's OP -
but it didn't contribute anything. Holist should do some reading (see listener guideline #4).

Won't help.  Holist is now here to show us what for, because we don't believe in homeopathy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Dildo Argentino

First of all, I think this thread is mistitled. It should be called:

ITT, Roger and mates demonstrate what a pointlessly pugnacious pissy posse of pervy posers they are

(There are some exceptions: I will address some of those individually.)

Also, this thread was not started by me, it was started by Roger. I'm not complaining, "PD lies" is written in large, eye-catching print all over the cover, so it's just an observation.

So here goes:

First, from way back, this:

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 28, 2012, 08:26:16 PM
Be yourself.  Write what you think.  Think things through.  Don't cling to things that aren't real.

That's really all it takes.

Yes. Correct. The thing is, though, Roger dear, you are failing your own test.

Are you yourself, as you present yourself here on PD? I doubt it somewhat, but let's assume it's true. It could well be true.

Do you write what you think? Yes, I think you do. Though I'm pretty certain there is also stuff you think that you don't write.

Do you think things through? Like fuck. You shoot from the hip and don't look back. No, you don't think things through as a rule, though there are signs that you do have the inclination to do so if pressed by people you respect. In most cases though, you are too full of yourself not to think you've already thought it through when in fact you haven't.

Do you cling to things that aren't real? Yes, all the time. A great many of your opinions about what the world is like fall in this category. "holist is an aspie" is a case in point. One of very many.

All of which implies that you are not Roger. Weird. Unless you can actually stop doing the right stuff once you become Roger, and then you can just let yourself go to seed.

Second, this:
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 31, 2012, 03:26:31 PM
And "luck of the straw".  :lulz:

That's the kind of translation skills that make the world the hilarious place that it is.

Actually, this is an example of pointless pugnacity. Given that I was writing English, and no translation skills of any sort were involved, you are simply making a lame attempt at rubbing it in. And you do succeed, in a way...  :lulz:

Third:

[quote author=Freeky Queen of DERP
I predict, when I do Google the phrase "luck of the draw", I will find a number of articles on the history of the phrase, which will strongly involve card games, likely poker, as many pop culture things in English frequently do.
[/quote]

I meant google the phrase whose existence you contested, i.e. "luck of the straw", you daft person.

Fourth, more wanking Rogery, but I feel compelled to quote it:

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 31, 2012, 07:23:38 PM
http://idioms.yourdictionary.com/luck-of-the-draw

QuotePure chance, as in It isn't anyone's fault—it's just the luck of the draw. This expression alludes to the random drawing of a playing card. [Mid-1900s]

It is important to note, however, that the people who wrote the above may speak English as a first language, meaning they have no fucking clue what anything means, as they cannot understand their own Lexicon because they were raised with it.

Firstly, however native a speaker you believe yourself to be, you were not raised with the entire lexicon of English. Nobody is, it would be a physical impossibility. Or near enough.

Secondly, the existence of one idiomatic phrase does not disprove the existence of another. I don't think you need advanced logic to realise this, just imagine somebody tried to disprove your claim that "dogs exist" with this response: "nooo, you stupid foreigner, dogs don't exist, because cats exist! and hyenas!".

Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

I love how Holist is clinging fiercely to the assertion that he knows of some english-language phrase that not one single native english speaker on this board has ever heard of.

Holist, I have no dog in this fight and am, in fact, completely supportive of your efforts to turn yourself into a biped, but please realize how completely ridiculous you sound right now. It's OK to just admit to being wrong. It doesn't hurt and it might even garner you a modicum of respect.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also, googling the phrase "luck of the straw" turns up NOTHING suggesting this is an actual phrase. It does, however, appear to be both a simple flash game and a kids' crafting site.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dildo Argentino

Then there was the epistle to the Hungarian. I'll do that one bit by bit:

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 31, 2012, 07:44:45 PM
Holist:

You know, after reading this silliness for some time now, I'd say that the real core "issue" is simply that you're no FUN.  The whole thing is about FUN and you're neither generating nor really having any, it seems, unless you're creaming your jeans because you are a masochist. 

Actually, I am having tremendous amounts of fun. Most of it not here, but some of it here. And I think the reason you are still talking to me, instead of keeping your promises and not bothering, is the nagging suspicion that I may be right when I say this: I have a great deal more fun than you do, which is why I have very clearly less time for this mediocre board largely populated by full-time or at least part-time clueless egoists than you do.

Like former members Number 6 and Dead Kennedy, you play one note VERY LOUDLY and then play it some more, as if persisting in playing it will make it more palateable, generate any tangible status for you or yield you any friends, digital or in-person.  What do you expect from such behavior?  Not that I personally give a shit, but I am idly curious.

You are being so daft it's really funny. (That's one thing I gain.) Homeopathy. Origin of music. Origin of consciousness. My music. My art. My recent brush with death. One note, ha? Like fuck it is one note. The thing is, you need stupid in order to feel clever, and the moment you think you've heard that sweet tone, you stop listening to anything else. I know you've seen all of it, but you chose not to respond. Because it was threatening your precious dose of stupid.

Mostly though, I'm not playing to win, I'm playing to play. I have plenty of friends already, real and digital. As for the last sentence of that bit ('Not that I personally give a shit, but I am idly curious") - why don't you enter that one in a blatant lie competition?

The Church is a large and quirky group, but the overwhelming aspect of it is and has BEEN that it's fun.  Even some of the notorious cranks of old showed variety and weaved their own amusing threads into the happysock that we call PD.  Why, ECH himself is a shelled crab with an IQ of 400 and a DQ (Disgust Quotient) of EIGHT hundred and even a notorious pervert such as he is a valued - if more often dead than alive - member of this board.

Actually, looking at the traffic, it's not that large. The usual ten percent (who generate most of the content) is not much more than 20 people. There are more occasional speakers, for sure, and definitely there is a largely silent corps. The half-hearted joke about ECH is lame.

You, however, have had precisely nothing to say. 

I had and still have a great deal to say. I have, however, repeatedly sinned against the dogma (there is always dogma), so whatever I say (freaky accident, pictures I'm told are pretty good, music I know is pretty good, especially in comparison to some of the dross that gets praised here, and that's not even a complete list) is per definitionem uninteresing. Which is a pity, but not much of a pity. I initially overestimated it. It's a pity like stepping in dogshit is a pity.

Where were you about 10 years ago when we started this abomination?

10 years ago? I was a year after moving house in order to be near the single decent school I could find that I could also afford in this godforsaken country, getting the new house organised, building a fence (there wasn't one), building furniture, looking after four little boys (they are much bigger by now), getting stoned far too much, earning money translating, hence working from home and being with my family all the time, which has many ups and a few downs, also 4 years into starting and running a virtual community for likeminded people who value freedom, autonomy and freak over comfort, lack of responsibility and keeping up with the Joneses. It was a closed e-mail list with a slowly fluctuating membership of 20-25 families (all of whom, however, were active, serious contributors), a web presence requesting a detailed introduction and statement of intent in return for being considered for membership. This thing became an IRL community with big meet-ups twice or three-times a year. Then some of the senior members (including me) divorced acrimoniously, and the list couldn't take the strain, dropped dead. Though after a break of 6 years or so, I am thinking of trying to kick-start it again. Unfortunately, no-one told me that PD was happening. Had I heard about it, I would have dropped in. May even have liked you better, you were probably less bitter.

Where were you in 2006, when the fun really started?

In 2006? Still the same place, doing much the same thing, getting ready for the divorce a year later, the most godawful time of my life. I was a bit of a sloth then. I am no longer. I wonder if I would have found the thing you say started then fun.

Never mind that, really...There are plenty of members here that joined very recently and manage to contribute.  So where are the podcasts of your rants?

I have six kids living in my house. I think I said so, straight away. Can you fucken imagine what that is like? The oldest is 17, turning into a bit of a pothead and as yet unable to make up his mind about what to do with his life. There's a 15-year-old introverted genius, I am in the process of organising on-line Blender sessions for him, cause he's talented that way and he's outgrown minecraft (in which he's built large proto-turing-machines) or stick-figure animation (though his stuff is funny). And the list goes on... the youngest is 2 and 3 months (her image even made your resolve waver, for a bit). On Mondays and Wednesdays, when her mum is at her part-time job being a child psychologist who does dynamic sensory integration therapy (basically, teaching children who have been denied it by incompetent parents the joys of physical play), I'm with her all day. I was today. I tend to do the cooking for this family, and most of the shopping (she does washing and clearing up, mostly). I need to be on top of a car insurance claim involving a foreign car causing the accident, keep 7 bicycles in decent enough nick as they are our only means of machine-assisted locomotion now.

And despite all of that, in the last two months I have started non-verbal analytically oriented art therapy, which is working great, tripped twice (breaking my usual rule of usually once a year, the theurapy maade me dooit!), fantastic on both occasions, got me a decent oldish camera and started taking and editing many pictures (but no response to the first one, which I also posted here), joined a band which previously consisted of three madly talented 11-year-old boys, as bass-player and producer (first videos will be posted shortly), am about to join an improvisational theatre company as a musician, and I am taking up boxing, because it's weird that despite being a pretty outspoken and critical person, I have somehow never been in physical conflict for real.

Do you engage in recognizable group conversations with any of us? 

I did try to, but you and Nigel keep fucking preventing it by inserting many moronically boring, insulting comments in there that speak volumes about your cluelessness while they disrupt the thread. Last time was the "not everyone is beautiful" subject. There, again, you completely missed the point and decided to get your fix of imaginary stupid. By now, I've sort of given up, though there is that thread by the Ayotollah... I am considering my next response.

Have you done anything but get into some downward-spiralling pissing contest that you'll philosophically (and in practical terms) lose, even if you "win?"
Yes, I have. I doubt that you are capable of actually going back and checking and noticing it, though.

What can you possibly do with such a "victory", Anyway? 

Fucked if I know, never wanted one, either. What do you do with them?

If you don't want to have some laughs or be welcome at the party, why are you even bothering?

I did want to have some laughs. And I did want to be welcome at the party. But not at the cost of conforming to shit I don't feel comfy with, or shutting up when I feel like speaking. This has not been possible. Largely on account of your good self and a few others, whom you don't need to control with mind-lazors, as they are perfectly capable of finding their own father-figure with just a few clues of the right sort.

Seriously, Holist, you're an asshole.

Seriously, Roger, you are an asshole. A pitiful little rooster ever so proud and frightfully jealous of his pitiful little dunghill that he pitifully imagines to be a royal castle of weird.

You DON'T have fun, because you don't even know what fun IS

You poor deluded shitebag. You know what? I forgive you. You know not what you are on about.  :lulz:

And this garbage here, this non-stop abortion that has formed around you on PD...

I don't know if you've noticed, but it's not actually non-stop. I take long breaks out, because I have a life. You, of course, are here practically every one of your wretched evenings...

That's the rest of your life, on display right in front of your eyes.  I am sure your abject failure to have fun in England is just like your failure to get along here...

You are so sure so often. It's a sign of being delusional, you know. I got depressed in England, true, but I still had fun (played a gig for 2000 people and four smaller gigs for up to a hundred, with 3 different bands, for instance, and met some pretty good British, Central-American and Hungarian musicians in the process). As to why I got depressed, I have now come to the conclusion that it was essentially 4 things: 1, it took a manic burst to move such a huge family to England, and in that manic burst, I underestimated the difficulty of the job waiting for me there. Once I got there, and realised that I would not be all good and settled with new friends in 6 months, as even with the best of luck that would take more like 2 or 3 years, it was hard to take. 2: I started getting state benefits. I had thought I'd have no problems with that, but in the event it turned out that I felt like a hypocrit: how can you maintain being an anti-state, anti-machine anomalous maverick if half your income comes from social benefits? So there was that, and we couldn't have stayed alive otherwise, 3: two of the kids really hated it, my youngest son decided to come home to mummy in April, and another, though she stayed until the end of the school year, refused to even consider not moving back to Hungary; 4: I had to realise that the interwebs between the two places are not mature enough to allow me to keep in touch with my friends the way I had thought I could. All of those things first got me very depressed (before I figured them out), then got me moving back to here.

Your supposition is unfair, unfounded, and tells me only one thing: you are an excessively self-assured douchebag.

Someone else's fault, right?

Which one, you equivocating shit-for-brains? The failure to move to England was up to me. I don't consider it a fault because it put Hungary in perspective for me: I like it much better than I did before, and this is likely to last until I figure out a better place to go (if things really get bad here). Misjudged my jump, fell on my face, got up, nothing broken, try again. For a better example of an "abject failure", take a look at your own life.

It sure as hell isn't YOUR inability to communicate on even a basic level, is it?  Of course it's not.  Keep telling yourself that, as you bounce from one abject failure to another.  That will make everything better.

Curses are like boomerangs, nobody told you that? There you go. I'll let you have that one for free.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 05, 2012, 06:25:45 PM
Then there was the epistle to the Hungarian. I'll do that one bit by bit:

Holist:

You know, after reading this silliness for some time now, I'd say that the real core "issue" is simply that you're no FUN.  The whole thing is about FUN and you're neither generating nor really having any, it seems, unless you're creaming your jeans because you are a masochist. 

Actually, I am having tremendous amounts of fun. Most of it not here, but some of it here. And I think the reason you are still talking to me, instead of keeping your promises and not bothering, is the nagging suspicion that I may be right when I say this: I have a great deal more fun than you do, which is why I have very clearly less time for this mediocre board largely populated by full-time or at least part-time clueless egoists than you do.

Like former members Number 6 and Dead Kennedy, you play one note VERY LOUDLY and then play it some more, as if persisting in playing it will make it more palateable, generate any tangible status for you or yield you any friends, digital or in-person.  What do you expect from such behavior?  Not that I personally give a shit, but I am idly curious.

You are being so daft it's really funny. (That's one thing I gain.) Homeopathy. Origin of music. Origin of consciousness. My music. My art. My recent brush with death. One note, ha? Like fuck it is one note. The thing is, you need stupid in order to feel clever, and the moment you think you've heard that sweet tone, you stop listening to anything else. I know you've seen all of it, but you chose not to respond. Because it was threatening your precious dose of stupid.

Mostly though, I'm not playing to win, I'm playing to play. I have plenty of friends already, real and digital. As for the last sentence of that bit ('Not that I personally give a shit, but I am idly curious") - why don't you enter that one in a blatant lie competition?

The Church is a large and quirky group, but the overwhelming aspect of it is and has BEEN that it's fun.  Even some of the notorious cranks of old showed variety and weaved their own amusing threads into the happysock that we call PD.  Why, ECH himself is a shelled crab with an IQ of 400 and a DQ (Disgust Quotient) of EIGHT hundred and even a notorious pervert such as he is a valued - if more often dead than alive - member of this board.

Actually, looking at the traffic, it's not that large. The usual ten percent (who generate most of the content) is not much more than 20 people. There are more occasional speakers, for sure, and definitely there is a largely silent corps. The half-hearted joke about ECH is lame.

You, however, have had precisely nothing to say. 

I had and still have a great deal to say. I have, however, repeatedly sinned against the dogma (there is always dogma), so whatever I say (freaky accident, pictures I'm told are pretty good, music I know is pretty good, especially in comparison to some of the dross that gets praised here, and that's not even a complete list) is per definitionem uninteresing. Which is a pity, but not much of a pity. I initially overestimated it. It's a pity like stepping in dogshit is a pity.

Where were you about 10 years ago when we started this abomination?

10 years ago? I was a year after moving house in order to be near the single decent school I could find that I could also afford in this godforsaken country, getting the new house organised, building a fence (there wasn't one), building furniture, looking after four little boys (they are much bigger by now), getting stoned far too much, earning money translating, hence working from home and being with my family all the time, which has many ups and a few downs, also 4 years into starting and running a virtual community for likeminded people who value freedom, autonomy and freak over comfort, lack of responsibility and keeping up with the Joneses. It was a closed e-mail list with a slowly fluctuating membership of 20-25 families (all of whom, however, were active, serious contributors), a web presence requesting a detailed introduction and statement of intent in return for being considered for membership. This thing became an IRL community with big meet-ups twice or three-times a year. Then some of the senior members (including me) divorced acrimoniously, and the list couldn't take the strain, dropped dead. Though after a break of 6 years or so, I am thinking of trying to kick-start it again. Unfortunately, no-one told me that PD was happening. Had I heard about it, I would have dropped in. May even have liked you better, you were probably less bitter.

Where were you in 2006, when the fun really started?

In 2006? Still the same place, doing much the same thing, getting ready for the divorce a year later, the most godawful time of my life. I was a bit of a sloth then. I am no longer. I wonder if I would have found the thing you say started then fun.

Never mind that, really...There are plenty of members here that joined very recently and manage to contribute.  So where are the podcasts of your rants?

I have six kids living in my house. I think I said so, straight away. Can you fucken imagine what that is like? The oldest is 17, turning into a bit of a pothead and as yet unable to make up his mind about what to do with his life. There's a 15-year-old introverted genius, I am in the process of organising on-line Blender sessions for him, cause he's talented that way and he's outgrown minecraft (in which he's built large proto-turing-machines) or stick-figure animation (though his stuff is funny). And the list goes on... the youngest is 2 and 3 months (her image even made your resolve waver, for a bit). On Mondays and Wednesdays, when her mum is at her part-time job being a child psychologist who does dynamic sensory integration therapy (basically, teaching children who have been denied it by incompetent parents the joys of physical play), I'm with her all day. I was today. I tend to do the cooking for this family, and most of the shopping (she does washing and clearing up, mostly). I need to be on top of a car insurance claim involving a foreign car causing the accident, keep 7 bicycles in decent enough nick as they are our only means of machine-assisted locomotion now.

And despite all of that, in the last two months I have started non-verbal analytically oriented art therapy, which is working great, tripped twice (breaking my usual rule of usually once a year, the theurapy maade me dooit!), fantastic on both occasions, got me a decent oldish camera and started taking and editing many pictures (but no response to the first one, which I also posted here), joined a band which previously consisted of three madly talented 11-year-old boys, as bass-player and producer (first videos will be posted shortly), am about to join an improvisational theatre company as a musician, and I am taking up boxing, because it's weird that despite being a pretty outspoken and critical person, I have somehow never been in physical conflict for real.

Do you engage in recognizable group conversations with any of us? 

I did try to, but you and Nigel keep fucking preventing it by inserting many moronically boring, insulting comments in there that speak volumes about your cluelessness while they disrupt the thread. Last time was the "not everyone is beautiful" subject. There, again, you completely missed the point and decided to get your fix of imaginary stupid. By now, I've sort of given up, though there is that thread by the Ayotollah... I am considering my next response.

Have you done anything but get into some downward-spiralling pissing contest that you'll philosophically (and in practical terms) lose, even if you "win?"
Yes, I have. I doubt that you are capable of actually going back and checking and noticing it, though.

What can you possibly do with such a "victory", Anyway? 

Fucked if I know, never wanted one, either. What do you do with them?

If you don't want to have some laughs or be welcome at the party, why are you even bothering?

I did want to have some laughs. And I did want to be welcome at the party. But not at the cost of conforming to shit I don't feel comfy with, or shutting up when I feel like speaking. This has not been possible. Largely on account of your good self and a few others, whom you don't need to control with mind-lazors, as they are perfectly capable of finding their own father-figure with just a few clues of the right sort.

Seriously, Holist, you're an asshole.

Seriously, Roger, you are an asshole. A pitiful little rooster ever so proud and frightfully jealous of his pitiful little dunghill that he pitifully imagines to be a royal castle of weird.

You DON'T have fun, because you don't even know what fun IS

You poor deluded shitebag. You know what? I forgive you. You know not what you are on about.  :lulz:

And this garbage here, this non-stop abortion that has formed around you on PD...

I don't know if you've noticed, but it's not actually non-stop. I take long breaks out, because I have a life. You, of course, are here practically every one of your wretched evenings...

That's the rest of your life, on display right in front of your eyes.  I am sure your abject failure to have fun in England is just like your failure to get along here...

You are so sure so often. It's a sign of being delusional, you know. I got depressed in England, true, but I still had fun (played a gig for 2000 people and four smaller gigs for up to a hundred, with 3 different bands, for instance, and met some pretty good British, Central-American and Hungarian musicians in the process). As to why I got depressed, I have now come to the conclusion that it was essentially 4 things: 1, it took a manic burst to move such a huge family to England, and in that manic burst, I underestimated the difficulty of the job waiting for me there. Once I got there, and realised that I would not be all good and settled with new friends in 6 months, as even with the best of luck that would take more like 2 or 3 years, it was hard to take. 2: I started getting state benefits. I had thought I'd have no problems with that, but in the event it turned out that I felt like a hypocrit: how can you maintain being an anti-state, anti-machine anomalous maverick if half your income comes from social benefits? So there was that, and we couldn't have stayed alive otherwise, 3: two of the kids really hated it, my youngest son decided to come home to mummy in April, and another, though she stayed until the end of the school year, refused to even consider not moving back to Hungary; 4: I had to realise that the interwebs between the two places are not mature enough to allow me to keep in touch with my friends the way I had thought I could. All of those things first got me very depressed (before I figured them out), then got me moving back to here.

Your supposition is unfair, unfounded, and tells me only one thing: you are an excessively self-assured douchebag.

Someone else's fault, right?

Which one, you equivocating shit-for-brains? The failure to move to England was up to me. I don't consider it a fault because it put Hungary in perspective for me: I like it much better than I did before, and this is likely to last until I figure out a better place to go (if things really get bad here). Misjudged my jump, fell on my face, got up, nothing broken, try again. For a better example of an "abject failure", take a look at your own life.

It sure as hell isn't YOUR inability to communicate on even a basic level, is it?  Of course it's not.  Keep telling yourself that, as you bounce from one abject failure to another.  That will make everything better.

Curses are like boomerangs, nobody told you that? There you go. I'll let you have that one for free.

Printing out for the Wall of Gloriousness.   :lulz: