News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 07:58:40 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2015, 07:52:55 PM
I had to go back and look at some of his posts.  He was doing all right, seems to have dropped off around 2010.

When was Lys' meltdown, again?

Initial meltdown was 2009, over how many barely-legals he was fucking.
2010, sluts who dress to get raped.
2011, bleachers.
2015, Breitbart.

What the hell is a "Silvershirt"?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2015, 08:55:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 07:58:40 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2015, 07:52:55 PM
I had to go back and look at some of his posts.  He was doing all right, seems to have dropped off around 2010.

When was Lys' meltdown, again?

Initial meltdown was 2009, over how many barely-legals he was fucking.
2010, sluts who dress to get raped.
2011, bleachers.
2015, Breitbart.

What the hell is a "Silvershirt"?

British Nazi Party, just prior to world war II.  It's a double dig at any Australian.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on September 22, 2015, 08:42:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2015, 08:28:08 PM
Quote from: Meunster on September 22, 2015, 08:24:22 PM
Fucking with zoe quinn was fun when I was in my nazi /pol/ phase,

Two steps forward, three steps back.  What the fuck, man?

Nobody ever listens.  I'm always right, and nobody listens.

I'm like Casandra with a dick.  Tellin' ya.

Hey, that was like a year ago, I'm completely different now. Stopped with the hole angry teen looking for a revolution bullshit. Now I'm just chill and try to be nice to everyone.

You can never really get the stink of Nazism out of your clothes, dude.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

Hey, that was like a year ago, I'm completely different now. Stopped with the hole angry teen looking for a revolution bullshit. Now I'm just chill and try to be nice to everyone.

Wait, what?

"Oh ja, ja I used to be Nazi but it's all gut now, honest! I don't have any real problems mit der juden now! Forgive unt forget, that's what I say!" ~pretty much the entire defence of the Nazis in the dock at Nuremberg.

Cain

Why do you worship shadows and kill Socrates, Roger?

Meunster

Quote from: Payne on September 22, 2015, 09:29:38 PM

Wait, what?

"Oh ja, ja I used to be Nazi but it's all gut now, honest! I don't have any real problems mit der juden now! Forgive unt forget, that's what I say!" ~pretty much the entire defence of the Nazis in the dock at Nuremberg.

Well real jews aren't anything like what they teach you in /pol/ school. The evil juden are more a cautionary tale of greed that no real human can embody. Also doesn't really matter if they're religious anyone can be greedy and cruel.
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2015, 10:06:37 PM
Why do you worship shadows and kill Socrates, Roger?

For the nookie, of course.

And while I'm not a fan of gaslighting, I have had fun selectively erasing posts and then asking him what the hell he's talking about.  The first time was because I made a mistake.  The rest were on purpose.

Payne

Quote from: Meunster on September 22, 2015, 10:08:40 PM

Wait, what?

Well real jews aren't anything like what they teach you in /pol/ school. The evil juden are more a cautionary tale of greed that no real human can embody. Also doesn't really matter if they're religious anyone can be greedy and cruel.

Ahhhh, I see. So it's what the Jew represents, not the actual Jew theirself that is evil. The stereotype of the Jew at least. I just, however, have one question:

In what substantive fucking way is that any different to any other brand of antisemitism that has existed for thousands of years from the Romans to Edward I, from centuries of pogroms in Russia to the actual fucking Nazis?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Payne on September 22, 2015, 10:44:49 PM
Quote from: Meunster on September 22, 2015, 10:08:40 PM

Wait, what?

Ahhhh, I see. So it's what the Jew represents, not the actual Jew theirself that is evil. The stereotype of the Jew at least. I just, however, have one question:

In what substantive fucking way is that any different to any other brand of antisemitism that has existed for thousands of years from the Romans to Edward I, from centuries of pogroms in Russia to the actual fucking Nazis?

Well... I'm betting he has no stomach for actual blood on his hands, Meunster's is more of a cautionary tale of angst addiction and attention whoring that nobody with an actual personality could embody. It doesn't matter if an ethos represents actual repression and murder, anyone can be a fuckwit.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

I mean, I'm willing to forgive a bit of youthful fucktardery, but I think it was more his delivery.  It showed no remorse, and even signaled a fond nostalgia for harassing Zoe.

That's more my problem with it. He had no problem with the post as presented.

Meunster

It was good teenage fuckwittery fun. I'm not pleased with myself for doing it, but looking back it was stupid and I can laugh at it. Also /pol/ nazi's and real nazi's are too different things. One is a keyboard crusader who spreads skewed statistics and graphs to father some weird anti left goal, all the while being joking and sarcastic. While letting some autistic neckbeard get angry for you cause. The other is a nazi. I can't justify any racism, because assigning traits you hate to an entire race is batshit insane, every person is different. Even if genetics had a roll in it, it'd be stupid to not think upbringing plays a bigger role, and I don't want to be the dick who judges people off things they were taught as kids.

So, yeah I regret what I was, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it or hide it. I never did anything worse then sending people dragon dildos, and I did that to anyone who I thought it'd be funny to send to. Side note, Jesse Cox still hasn't shown the one I got him in his fanmail series. Kinda disappointing.

SOOOO sorry, I was a shit, I'm still a shit, but I'm more a politically middle, self loathing, people loving shit so I think I improved.

but can we answer my question now? Is gamer gate still a thing? or are we going to pick apart me for another day?
Poe's law ;)

Freeky

Freeky

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on September 20, 2015, 10:21:08 PM
Makes sense that vegans would turn out to be filthy fungus people.

This is how Orks are born, I'm telling you.

Chelagoras The Boulder

I cant decide if that would make vegans awesome or Orks lame.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Meunster

It's pretty dead tonight. You all go to the other bar without me?
Poe's law ;)