News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

L. Ron Hubbard was a Discordian author

Started by Apocalypse Dude, August 25, 2003, 04:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

there's nothing like a zombie to kill a party....

Oh my what a pun!  :lol:  :roll:  8)  :roll:  :lol:

~Pun-ative Trolalx~

Poib

my dad used to have L. Ron Hubbard novels.

Then he died when I was 7. :o

Lord_Caramac

Ouch. I think Elron is bad for your health.
May the Fnord be with you!
-><-
"This schland is your schland, this schland is my schland..."
-><-
Bart: How would I go about creating a half man, half monkey type creature?
Miss Krabapple: I'm sorry, that would be playing God.
Bart: God-shmod, I want my monkey man!
-><-
Lord BlackLight
aka Lord Helmet
aka ElfBoi
aka Lord Caramac the Clueless, NPIAB
Knight of the Big Toe
aka His Arrogance Pope Cereal I., KBB, GHMB, DHB
-><-
St. Yogi Bear Cabal
-><-
Jabber: elfboi@jabber.org (NOT email - check www.jabber.org)

EvilPoet

Quote from: Lord_CaramacOuch. I think Elron is bad for your health.
Many people (myself included) agree with you.

Quote from: Justice Anderson, Supreme Court of Victoria, AustraliaScientology is evil; its techniques are evil; its practice is a serious threat to the community, medically, morally, and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill... (Scientology is) the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy.
Quote from: Kenneth Robinson, British Minister of HealthThe government is satisfied that Scientology is socially harmful. It alienates members of families from each other and attributes squalid and disgraceful motives to all who oppose it; its authoritarian principles and practice are a potential menace to the personality and well being of those so deluded as to become followers; above all, its methods can be a serious danger to the health of those who submit to them... There is no power under existing law to prohibit the practice of Scientology; but the government has concluded that it is so objectionable that it would be right to take all steps within its power to curb its growth.
Quote from: Judge Constandia Angelaki in her [December 1996] rulingIt is an organization with medical, social and ethical practices that are dangerous and harmful. It claims to act freely so as to draw members who subsequently undergo ... brainwashing by dictated ways of thinking that limit reaction capabilities.
[For more quotes click here]

Horab Fibslager

see my sig...

l ron hubbbard may be a discordian author, but he's definitely a subgenii pholospher, he ripped off dobbs completely.

l. ron hubbard, for making people pay you to tell them what to think, i salute you.
Hell is other people.

Bella

Quote from: horab fibslagersee my sig...

l ron hubbbard may be a discordian author, but he's definitely a subgenii pholospher, he ripped off dobbs completely.

l. ron hubbard, for making people pay you to tell them what to think, i salute you.

People call everyday and pay me to tell them what they already think......is that worthy of a salute? :twisted:
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

riff

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

People call everyday and pay me to tell them what they already think......is that worthy of a salute? :twisted:

Heh, that's even better -- you don't have to make up anything new. ;)
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

EvilPoet

QuoteCall to Skeptics and Superior Mutants[/size]

Newsgroups: alt.slack,alt.religion.scientology

A Call to Skeptics, Doubters, Outcasts, Blasphemers, Suppressive Persons, Squirrels and Squirrelles, and others who actually dare to question the writings and teachings of the Church of Scientology.

The holy war between the Church of Scientology and the Church of the SubGenius has been escalating in recent weeks, as Scientologists have upped their efforts to drive free thinkers such as Reverend Dennis Erlich off of the Net.

Because organized attacks can best be met with organized resistance, I am declaring the creation of a SubGenius Online Clench, to be known for the time being as the Excremeditated Congregation of the Overinflated Head of L. Ron Hubbard. The primary purpose of this Clench will be to exercise the right to Free Speech that has been granted to us by Jehovah-1, Alien Space God from a corporate sin galaxy. All members of this clench are encouraged to participate in online discussions on Usenet and the rest of the Internet, to allow the opposition a chance to speak for themselves, and to encourage free, open, uncensored (and uncanceled) expression of free speech for all.

Because of their status as true SubGenius ministers, Free Thinkers, questioners of the writings of L. Ron Hubbard, and thorns in the side of the Conspiracy, William Barwell (SubGenius Pope of Houston) and Reverend Dennis Erlich (The Informer) are hereby granted the right to choose an appropriate title for themselves as spokespersons for this Online Clench, and for the Church of the SubGenius in general. Any other SubGenii who wish to join our Clench and participate in the alt.religion.scientology discussions are, of course, free to do so if they choose.

Those of you who wish to join the SubGenius Online Clench may do so as Honorary Members. However, it is beyond my power to grant you true membership as a full-blooded Clench Brother or Sister. This rank can only be bestowed upon you by the Living Slackmaster himself, J.R. "Bob" Dobbs, and the only way for you to do so is to join the Church of the SubGenius - the greatest of he thousand-and-one One True Religions to infest this great wide world of ours - and become a full-blooded, paid-up Minister.

If you wish for more information about J.R. "Bob" Dobbs and the Church of the SubGenius, feel free to email me, or check out alt.slack, the official newsgroup of the Church of the SubGenius.

Why the Church of the SubGenius is better than the Church of Scientology:

The Church of Scientology wants all your money, but they refuse to admit it. The Church of the SubGenius wants all your money, and we're PROUD to admit it.

The Church of Scientology hides its profit-making enterprises behind tax-exempt status. We are the only religion that pays our taxes regularly.

The Church of Scientology wishes to suppress the fact that it teaches belief in aliens who populated the earth millions of years ago. We hereby acknowledge the fact that SubGenii are, in fact, not human and part of the true Master Race known as Homo Correctus, descended from original Yeti stock (as described in REVELATION X: The "Bob" Apocryphon, Chapter 6). The Yetisyn are descended from alien beings (known as the Xists) who will in fact be returning to Earth very soon.

The Church of Scientology demands that all Scientologists obey their Church and that no "squirrels" or Free Zoners be allowed to practice their religion. The Church of the SubGenius encourages members to break away and form their own Church IMMEDIATELY after joining and sending their money to "Bob."

The Church of Scientology demands unquestioning obedience from all followers of the mighty L. Ron Hubbard. The Church of the SubGenius demands that all SubGenii think for themselves and allow NO ONE - not even "Bob" - to dictate their thoughts to them. SubGenii are encouraged to kill "Bob" himself, should we meet him in person, and in fact "Bob" WAS killed in 1984 (though he returned from the dead a few years later, only to be killed again and ressurected again).

For more proof of the supremacy of the mighty cult of "Bob," look to alt.slack and read THE BOOK OF THE SUBGENIUS. [More...]

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

i salute you too bella!
Hell is other people.

Bella

Thank you, guys.
It's a slacker job, but somebody has to do it.  8)
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Apocalypse DudeI read the whole Mission Earth series.

I kept reading it because I kept thinking "This HAS to get  better"

Lesson learned is what?

"just 'cause things are as bad as they can get, doesn't mean they have to get better."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

eumaas

Heinlein? Always preferred Philip K. Dick myself. As far as L. Ron, I read Battlefield Earth and decided his fiction sucked as much as his religion.