News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

DISINFORMANIA

Started by NegativeNinja999, November 27, 2012, 04:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NegativeNinja999

It has just dawned on me that the beloved church-goer-crowd has been found balls-deep in a terrible misunderstanding... all by a mysterious typo.  It appears that the Tree of Delusions was somehow mistranslated as the "Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil"(leave it to us to let a couple milleniums pass before noticing such a drastic translation error) but I for one cannot just sit back and leave Christians pondering away on this nonsense!  Good & Evil?  Pssh.  That's just what they want you to think!  I dare say those pesky translators must have had some dark intentions behind spreading such obvious disinformation.  Those bastards... perhaps I shall finally release the highly anticipated Holy Bible UNRATED.  That ought to clear the air right up.
Dad:  "Quit making that ugly face or it'll get stuck like that."
Me:  "But I'm not making a face."
Dad:  "Oh, well then too late."

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

McMegaDeff

I just think it's worth noting that our current bible was only the most popular one back in the day. There was a time when there were dozens of bibles and churches out there. Before the Orthodox was orthodox it was just the biggest cult.

all that aside, my penis is still bigger than yours.

Cain

Quote from: McMegaDeff on November 27, 2012, 06:54:39 AM
I just think it's worth noting that our current bible was only the most popular one back in the day. There was a time when there were dozens of bibles and churches out there. Before the Orthodox was orthodox it was just the biggest cult.

Yes, it's certainly different now, since we only have 450 different English versions of the Bible alone.

McMegaDeff

Moreso, books OF the bible...

Generally the accepted bibles all contain the Same books...

but before it was decided upon that these books would make it in the bible, THERE WERE MANY MORE>

Some reportedly about Young Jesus exploding people that pissed him off with his super powers..

It's all a mess...relelgion and organisation are the strangest pair.

Juana

I don't know. I think Enoch should be included all around.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

McMegaDeff

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: McMegaDeff on November 27, 2012, 07:09:11 AM
Generally the accepted bibles all contain the Same books...

Sit a Catholic and a Protestant down and tell them that.

Caveat-
Make sure the Catholic has actually cracked open the Bible.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: McMegaDeff on November 27, 2012, 07:45:23 AM

We don't have like buttons here. We expect commentary, not facile approval.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

McMegaDeff

Cain

Great.  AI has been infested by retards. 

Again.

AFK

Quote from: NegativeNinja999 on November 27, 2012, 04:32:29 AM
It has just dawned on me that the beloved church-goer-crowd has been found balls-deep in a terrible misunderstanding... all by a mysterious typo.  It appears that the Tree of Delusions was somehow mistranslated as the "Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil"(leave it to us to let a couple milleniums pass before noticing such a drastic translation error) but I for one cannot just sit back and leave Christians pondering away on this nonsense!  Good & Evil?  Pssh.  That's just what they want you to think!  I dare say those pesky translators must have had some dark intentions behind spreading such obvious disinformation.  Those bastards... perhaps I shall finally release the highly anticipated Holy Bible UNRATED.  That ought to clear the air right up.

Great, and now Hollywood will go and make a four-part teenage melodrama out of it.  Good going!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 27, 2012, 12:04:31 PM
Quote from: NegativeNinja999 on November 27, 2012, 04:32:29 AM

Great, and now Hollywood will go and make a four-part teenage Paranormal melodrama out of it.  Good going!

Fixed for accuracy.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

If it's not written in Enochian, GTFO.

TGRR,
Literary snob.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.