News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

fractals

Started by bones, August 06, 2008, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones

i love them, so naturally when i started a flash class this was the first thing i made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TCTv-OFXnw

im sure you had higher hopes if you bothered looking. its basic and dodgy i know, but in the next few months i will be doing cooler things along to my music..

so just you wait.
filmmusic

Cramulus

pretty cool! Needs some music though, most definitely.

Triple Zero

sweet! i used to code stuff like this years ago, played with Fractint and such.

but um, it's not a triangle but a tree? were you confused with the sierpinksy gasket?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reverend Loveshade

Quote from: triple zero on August 06, 2008, 04:56:08 PM

but um, it's not a triangle but a tree? were you confused with the sierpinksy gasket?

It looks either like a tree or a kidney on a stick.  Nice work, though!  I look forward to seeing more.
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

bones

Quote from: triple zero on August 06, 2008, 04:56:08 PM

yeah if id used coding instead of flash tools it might line up better, should look into things like fractint.

http://www.phidelity.com/blog/fractal/pythagoras-tree/ i can't find it now, but the first place i saw it called it an extension of the pythagorean triangle.. not really an appropriate name i guess, it just leaves right-angle triangle gaps between the squares.

..kidney on a stick?  :lol:
filmmusic

The Dark Monk

It's either a nuclear cloud or a mushroom....maybe a willow tree?
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~