News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

English is crazy talk.

Started by Bruno, August 19, 2011, 10:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 20, 2011, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 20, 2011, 09:54:14 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. link=topic=30010.ms 085033#msg1085033 date=1313816850
@badbeast- ta me maol anois.
@stelz- kinda. There is also a skin tone thing going on there though iirc. My dad does actually get mistaken for greek, morroccan and miscellaneous not irish until he talks.

Like the Thin Lizzy guy? I always wondered what they meant when they said he was black Irish.

ETA: Never mind. I read the rest of the posts, it's essentially meaningless.
:roll:

Except that Phil Lynnott actually was a black Irish dude. I think his father was a Brazilian of African descent.
His Mother was Irish, and his Father was some Brazilian semen.
And he wrote some well snappy lyrics in his time.   

"Tonight, there's going to be a Jailbreak, somewhere in this town"

Orly? Well, I don't know if I should be telling you this, but it's probably going to be . . . . . . . in the Jail?  :lulz:

Tragically avoidable death too. He was booked into Clouds House Re-hab & De-tox centre, to do his Heroin cluck so he could be up together enough for the Lizzy tour later in the year. But he OD'd a couple of days before he was due to be admitted. (It's really quite common for people to have a 'bye bye' binge before going into rehab) Unfortunately, instead of taking him to a Hospital to get him stabilised, whoever it was took him  to Clouds, (Who didn't even have any medical staff on at night back then either. Let alone the dialysis machine he needed while his liver cooled off )

by the time they realised you can't actually just re-hab someon'es liver better with a bit of group therapy and a big hug, he was as dead as a Dando. And Gary Moore's solo career got a chance to flourish. Personally, I think Thin Lizzy would have shrivelled up and died anyway as soon as the NWOBHM started to roll.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Quite possible though you can certainly hear the beginnings of nwobhm in some of their songs. They might have gone with the flow.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

Possibly. I think they had a much more edgy sound than anything out of Sheffield though. Better.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Nephew Twiddleton

Who was out of sheffield (aside from cradle of filth)?

BadBeast

Saxon, I think. For a start. *gags*

Nephew Twiddleton

Hey saxons alright. You cant take them seriously at all but denim and leather is quite an enjoyable tune

BadBeast

And Wheels of Steel, I suppose.

But that was about the time I went off Metal completely, and got into Motorhead, and Punk.

Nephew Twiddleton

Actually im fond of  their album metalhead. Especially how they pronounce conquistador :lulz:

BadBeast

Yeah, but when Biff started with the big 80's hair, and the Lycra, It all lost it's charm for me.

BadBeast

Then Zep split, Bon Scott died, and Ian Gillan started singing for Sabbath, and I thought "fuck this noise" and got into anarcho-crusty punk instaed.

BadBeast

Nephew Twiddleton

:lulz: well that too. I dunno i get a kick out of biff byford. And wes waddle

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BadBeast on August 21, 2011, 01:52:03 AM
Then Zep split, Bon Scott died, and Ian Gillan started singing for Sabbath, and I thought "fuck this noise" and got into anarcho-crusty punk instaed.

This is probably the wrong place to point out that that was Sabbath's 2nd best album.

Mob Rules is their best.

Fuck Ozzy.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also, no mention of the immortal Hawkwind?

WTF guys.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 21, 2011, 04:54:29 AM
Also, no mention of the immortal Hawkwind?

WTF guys.

Huh, you're right. Usually BadBeast would have mentioned them at least in passing by now.