News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Are you just letting it grow all out, or also trimming it into shape? This is important!!

Also, there are enough places in Africa that aren't as bad as the rest, yet still uncomfortable enough that if the kid goes there for some sort of development project thing, he's got a good chance to learn a good dose of reality and return with a clue or two.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 19, 2011, 08:57:15 AM
Are you just letting it grow all out, or also trimming it into shape? This is important!!

Also, there are enough places in Africa that aren't as bad as the rest, yet still uncomfortable enough that if the kid goes there for some sort of development project thing, he's got a good chance to learn a good dose of reality and return with a clue or two.

Trying to keep it shaped, but I've been negligent of that of late.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

QuoteThis 4 train ain't big enough for the two of us, you frontloaded sow. When the lady with the bag gets up, that seat is mine. I see her eyeing me up, thinking "how fast can he get around that pole?" Now, the real question she should be asking herself is 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, Heffer -- do ya?

My brother Max was having a bad day on the subway, I think.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Spoken by someone who has never heard of PD and has never any proselytizing about Tucson, talking about job markets in class, emphasis mine:

Student:  If you have any technical skill at all, you'll end up in Tucson eventually.

Cain

Quote from: Alty on July 19, 2011, 03:23:09 AM
My cousin lives in Bavaria, he failed to graduate from school due to apathy and incompetence. He's having a hard time finding work that isn't straight up manual labor, which he doesn't want to do. A true product of modern german parenting he's a selfish, spoiled little shit.

"I want to move to africa where there is no money or conflict. There, people are content with what they have. Here it's all about money and conflict and it's all just shit. I'm stressed have no more motivation"

Mail that kid a copy of Jason Stearn's Dancing in the Glory of Monsters.  He'll shit his pants.

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 19, 2011, 08:57:15 AM

Fuck that.  Send him to work in the east Congo.  If he's lucky, the Rwandans will nail his ears to the inside of a crate and mail him back to Germany, once they get tired of his whining.

PopeTom

Quote from: Alty on July 19, 2011, 03:23:09 AM
My cousin lives in Bavaria, he failed to graduate from school due to apathy and incompetence. He's having a hard time finding work that isn't straight up manual labor, which he doesn't want to do. A true product of modern german parenting he's a selfish, spoiled little shit.

"I want to move to africa where there is no money or conflict. There, people are content with what they have. Here it's all about money and conflict and it's all just shit. I'm stressed have no more motivation"

There's a reason humans left sub-Saharan Africa 1.8 million years ago!
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Triple Zero

yeah wtf is that about anyway. First some of them were like "hey eh, we're gonna check out that continent place to the North over there, wanna come?" and others said "nah that's okay don't really feel like it, we'll just stay right here" and now they're all like WHAAA WE'RE SO HUNNNNGRYYYY
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 19, 2011, 11:45:49 PM
Spoken by someone who has never heard of PD and has never any proselytizing about Tucson, talking about job markets in class, emphasis mine:

Student:  If you have any technical skill at all, you'll end up in Tucson eventually.

:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 20, 2011, 03:03:21 PM
yeah wtf is that about anyway. First some of them were like "hey eh, we're gonna check out that continent place to the North over there, wanna come?" and others said "nah that's okay don't really feel like it, we'll just stay right here" and now they're all like WHAAA WE'RE SO HUNNNNGRYYYY

:x :x :x
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Question 1: Rupert, James, and Rebekah are all blind-folded and traveling in a car going at 70mph along a freeway. If the car has been doing this for the past five years, how much further will it go until one of them accepts any responsibility?

Question 2: Rebekah needs to make a phone call. What should she do?
(A) Pull over to a safe location and make the call there
(B) Dial one-handed, pressing random keys
(C) Hire a private investigator to make the call for her

(tip of the hat to Froggypance)

Doktor Howl

"Did you give any of them a chemical sanchez?"

Dok, asking a question of one of the refinery guys down here who used to be a mortician.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Doktor Howl

From Capitol Grilling (the best cesspool of politics on the interbutts):

Quote from: Gore1FL
Quote from: Zulif BystanderSoylent Green is people?

Perhaps, but the Teriyaki flavored variety is to die for.
Molon Lube

Freeky