News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Spent the day troubleshooting the potable water plant, trying to figure out why chlorine is down and tthms are up.  And why I had to shut down 2 of the older buildings' water because it had, you know, lead in it.

Realized after 4 hours that the pH meter was faulty, and that the water is way too acidic.  Not "melt your face off" acidic, just "fucking your chemistry sideways and eat your plumbing" acidic.  So I ask the water geeks why they have cheapshit equipment.  "Because we've always done it this way."

There is nothing new under the sun.  Time to do this shit all over again. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

A little lead in the water is good for you.  It's a mineral, body needs minerals to stay healthy.

Eater of Clowns

Yeah, you'll be needing that lead. That high up in the clouds, man's liable to float away.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 22, 2015, 03:02:28 AM
A little lead in the water is good for you.  It's a mineral, body needs minerals to stay healthy.

At least it's not all full of chemicals.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 22, 2015, 03:30:16 AM
Yeah, you'll be needing that lead. That high up in the clouds, man's liable to float away.

Mostly we just lie on the ground and gasp for breath.

And then puff up and explode, like in Total Recall.

Trivial

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2015, 02:39:29 AM
Spent the day troubleshooting the potable water plant, trying to figure out why chlorine is down and tthms are up.  And why I had to shut down 2 of the older buildings' water because it had, you know, lead in it.

Realized after 4 hours that the pH meter was faulty, and that the water is way too acidic.  Not "melt your face off" acidic, just "fucking your chemistry sideways and eat your plumbing" acidic.  So I ask the water geeks why they have cheapshit equipment.  "Because we've always done it this way."

There is nothing new under the sun.  Time to do this shit all over again.

:horrormirth:
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2015, 03:35:34 AM
Quote from: Cain on December 22, 2015, 03:02:28 AM

At least it's not all full of chemicals.

Foodbabe's told me about those.  I'm never taking any chemicals again.

minuspace

Aha, this solstice too has passed.  That is very good news!

Freeky

Got a call this morning that my regular hangout place and only place of human interaction, they got evicted.  At 6 am.  With apparently no notice, they had to be out of the building today.  I have been going into a downward slope thing emotionally, and had been looking forward to trying to ignore the Bad Days to come with Minecraft Realms and talking to my friend and friendly acquaintances.

Today is shaping up to be fucking fantastic, let me tell you. :kingmeh:

minuspace

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 21, 2015, 08:02:20 PM
It's a holdover, from when this place was a boarding school.

Basically, the problem is one specific school within the wider corporate structure owns this building, while 3 different schools have their students here.  The owner school shuts down over Xmas, with the students leaving.  With the students gone, there is no need for the cleaning staff.

However, the other two colleges have 18+ age students, who are not required to leave.  Furthermore, many are Chinese and so are not especially concerned about going home for Xmas.

However, the cleaners are employed by the one school that closes down during the holiday period, not the two that remain open or the broader corporate parent company.  So...

What happens if you call the health department?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Invited to do a s4s radio talk show on dicordia.

I'd be nervous if 10 mintues on s4s didn't just ruin my brain.
Poe's law ;)

Nast

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 21, 2015, 04:00:46 PM
Quote from: Nast on December 20, 2015, 10:28:22 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 20, 2015, 01:58:24 AM
I sincerely hate the whole holiday gift-giving season and all of its dreadful expectations.

So you're saying your not getting me a gift?  :argh!:

I wanted an aquarium pony.

I have a stock tank full of "aquarium ponies" in the back yard, let me get a Mason jar and you can have as many as you want.

Now I'm almost afraid to ask.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 21, 2015, 04:03:07 PM
Quote from: Nast on December 20, 2015, 10:24:37 PM
I think I'm just going to stop trying to date for a while. Every time it ends up being that they like me more than I like them, and having to turn them down when they've got their hopes up gives anxiety. I know this potentially sounds kind of ass-hatty, since I'm the one doing the rejecting, but it still makes me feel really bad.

Dating is horrible, I hate it.

I would advise you to quit dating, but you already have. So I'll move on to part 2 of my advice, which is to fill the time you used to spend trying to date instead doing something that is fun and brings you into contact with more friend-people. School or hiking or yarnbombing or volunteering or some other thing like that.

That is, indeed good advice. Being out of schools makes it hard for me to meet people my age, and it also doesn't help that I live in a town mostly full of wine-sipping retirees. But it will be my goal to find a like-minded interest group. Even if it doesn't lead to me finding romance, it will help with feeling so isolated here.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Eater of Clowns

Roger I forgot to mention that your defaming my character on facebook directly resulted in me reconnecting with a lovely young lady and I think she and I might be moving things forward so thanks dude.

:awesome:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.