News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

ShadesGASM?

Started by Verbal Mike, January 28, 2008, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

I'm gonna do a little something tonight which I've done before. Lacking a cabal (or private photographer), I won't have anything to show for it online, but this is a possible GASM that is extremely simple and rather amusing.

Ingredients:
1 pair of sunglasses per person

Instructions:
Put sunglasses on. Wait for nightfall. Go out and just walk around in public places. If anyone looks at you funny, acknowledge by making a stupid and/or angry face back at them. If you are not alone, try playing hide-and-seek with your co-conspirators while doing this.

Also available as a flash-mob.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cramulus

Bu🤠ns

Verbal Mike

Mind translating that plz?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Bu🤠ns

well um the first guy wrote that song about wearing sunglasses at night

and the second guy just wore sunglasses a lot.  and is also corey.

and don't forget to take pics

Verbal Mike

Like I said, no cabal, no photographer... Going it solo. I'm actually just using the opportunity that I have to go all over this city visiting three different apartments I might move into... Lots of idle transportation time.
Gotta go now. :D

Cramulus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXw4qqQqTrY   :p

BTW and more on-topic, I'm not sure that if I saw someone with sunglasses at night it would interrupt my thoughts on whatever else I was doing. Maybe something more visible, like a winter coat and boots in the summer, or hawaiian shirt and shorts and other tourist stuff in the winter

Bu🤠ns

yeah, you gotta make someone's brains into jelly. perhaps that guy who has his coat on backwards and shaved the back of his head to look like a face and wore sunglasses backwards..  i can't find the pic, but i imagine you know what i'm talking about.

edit:

and/or

you konw, but with shades

Richter

If I'm following, this is all about looking sketchy without actualy doing anything you can be busted for.

In my high School days, we'd do a variation: We all walk into a large store wearing long coats, and on the call of "1,2,3, SCATTER.", we take off to different departments.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 28, 2008, 05:28:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXw4qqQqTrY   :p

that song ROCKS, another fine example of me finding and loving the original after getting acquainted with some remix (tiga poop in this case).

but the video sucks balls, i had never seen it before :)

QuoteBTW and more on-topic, I'm not sure that if I saw someone with sunglasses at night it would interrupt my thoughts on whatever else I was doing. Maybe something more visible, like a winter coat and boots in the summer, or hawaiian shirt and shorts and other tourist stuff in the winter

i'd think "lol, sunglasses at night", and get the corey hart song stuck in my head and probably try to get the barman to play it for me.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Verbal Mike

Well, first of all it seems initially people do notice and seem surprised, but my feeling was the Germans are too neurotically polite (uptight?) to really show it. Most people looked at me for a second, startled and stared straight ahead instead. On the other hand, I couldn't see their reactions very well because, well, I had sunglasses on. :lol:
My thinking is, however, that this would be much more of an MF if done in a group of 3 or more people. It would be even more of an MF if it succeeds as a GASM, meaning it would start happening more and more in seemingly unrelated geographical locations.
It also helped that I was wearing my ridiculous wool hat, which has two pompoms on the top and two hanging down on strings from the sides. It gets me funny looks even when I'm not wearing sunglasses at night. Maybe the whole GASM needs to be coupled with wearing funny hats.

I really have to get a local cabal. :(

Triple Zero

hm, but, what it basically comes down to would be dressing up weird / attention grabbing / special (be it with sunglasses, strange headwear, or .. big wooly boots), with a bunch of people?

i dunno, but that's not really a mindfuck--yet, IMO.

still needs some kind of "hook", otherwise people will just go "bunch of persons wearing sunglasses", something funny, that connects something in an unexpected way.

maybe if you buy a bunch of real cheap sunglasses in bulk, and leave them in a box in the men's and ladies room of a club / bar, start wearing them with 4-5 people, see how many copy?

it also depends on where you are, of course. in a big city, you can dress up as weird as you want, even in a group with 10 people, the public will just go "whatever". while in a smaller village, you can probably still surprise people with something like this.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Richter

000's got the right idea.  Prompting and enabling people to take part in the silliness does add a certain kind of fun to it, which is just as good as some grand recruitment scheme, point, or punchline to it all.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

punchline! yeah that's the word! s/"hook"/punchline please.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades!
Oh no!