News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Notes on Being the Villain, part I

Started by Doktor Howl, April 04, 2012, 05:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That was a total tangent from the thread... but it might offer some insight into some of the people who try to form the Cult of Roger. And then become outraged when you won't play Guru Daddy for them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

I, for one, appreciate the luxurious benefits of TGRR fanclub membership...like being one of the first ones informed when it's time to buy merchandise! And lists of people Roger hates! Out-of-focus pics of Roger leering into the camera! And I can rest easy at night because I know with my name on the mailing list, I will never miss an opportunity to answer limited-edition surveys from Roger's fine affiliates who want to hear MY opinion on how they should market their quality products!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2012, 04:20:24 PM
That was a total tangent from the thread... but it might offer some insight into some of the people who try to form the Cult of Roger. And then become outraged when you won't play Guru Daddy for them.

Yes. This. Kind of a sociopathic internet Fatal Attraction thing.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2012, 04:11:40 PM
She's much better now, which is why she finally left, and naturally he's incensed that she would DARE to leave him. And now that another man has soiled his property taken his ex-girlfriend on a couple of dates, he can't stop flipping out about what a bad, bad, evil woman she is.

Something I've noticed:  When a breakup happens, and people move on, the person who starts dating first inspires massive butthurt in the other person, as it implies that the person who hasn't found someone might be the one who came up short in the relationship.  Most people just grit their teeth and move on.

There's no excuse for the shit this guy pulled, but the butthurt driving his shitbag behavior isn't too mysterious.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2012, 04:20:24 PM

The funny thing is, I've always insisted that people be their own guru.

"And how shall we do that?"

:walken:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: navkat on April 05, 2012, 04:32:48 PM
I, for one, appreciate the luxurious benefits of TGRR fanclub membership...like being one of the first ones informed when it's time to buy merchandise! And lists of people Roger hates! Out-of-focus pics of Roger leering into the camera! And I can rest easy at night because I know with my name on the mailing list, I will never miss an opportunity to answer limited-edition surveys from Roger's fine affiliates who want to hear MY opinion on how they should market their quality products!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you join today, you get all the koolaid you can drink in 30 seconds FREE!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 05, 2012, 08:28:38 AM
I don't know, I think people get caught off guard when they have certain standards, and the people they've known had those standards, so they're just not expecting it. Like all those old Indians thinking the treaties were real, or assuming somebody's not a pedo because they seem like anybody else. I don't know, I guess it's kind of a choice between having really minimal interactions with anybody, or taking a chance on getting fucked over at some point.

"You'll never get through life with an unchipped heart."
- Peter Straub
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 05, 2012, 04:46:17 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 05, 2012, 08:28:38 AM
I don't know, I think people get caught off guard when they have certain standards, and the people they've known had those standards, so they're just not expecting it. Like all those old Indians thinking the treaties were real, or assuming somebody's not a pedo because they seem like anybody else. I don't know, I guess it's kind of a choice between having really minimal interactions with anybody, or taking a chance on getting fucked over at some point.

"You'll never get through life with an unchipped heart."
- Peter Straub

Yes. This.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 05, 2012, 04:42:52 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2012, 04:11:40 PM
She's much better now, which is why she finally left, and naturally he's incensed that she would DARE to leave him. And now that another man has soiled his property taken his ex-girlfriend on a couple of dates, he can't stop flipping out about what a bad, bad, evil woman she is.

Something I've noticed:  When a breakup happens, and people move on, the person who starts dating first inspires massive butthurt in the other person, as it implies that the person who hasn't found someone might be the one who came up short in the relationship.  Most people just grit their teeth and move on.

There's no excuse for the shit this guy pulled, but the butthurt driving his shitbag behavior isn't too mysterious.

Yes, I think that a lot of the behavior is a reflection of totally normal post-breakup freakout. I was crazy and angry as hell after my breakup with ML, and I'm the one who broke up with him. I'm still angry at him, actually.
:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Was it ML that was all like, "yeah basically all dudes solicit a prostitute at some point; it's pretty much a universal guy thing"? Or am I thinking of a different assclown?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on April 05, 2012, 05:41:48 PM
Was it ML that was all like, "yeah basically all dudes solicit a prostitute at some point; it's pretty much a universal guy thing"? Or am I thinking of a different assclown?

Yeah, that was him. He left me more scarred and freaked out by men after 11 months than any of the rest of them. Even Pez, who is a world-renowned dick to the point where I get random texts at least twice a week from someone he's irritated, and we've been divorced for twelve years.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2012, 05:56:21 PM
Quote from: Cainad on April 05, 2012, 05:41:48 PM

Yeah, that was him. He left me more scarred and freaked out by men after 11 months than any of the rest of them. Even Pez, who is a world-renowned dick to the point where I get random texts at least twice a week from someone he's irritated, and we've been divorced for twelve years.

I guess I'm not a guy. 
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Yeah I thought so. So for the record, I'm still angry at him too, and I don't even know the dork. In one fell swoop he insulted me and everyone else with a penis.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad on April 05, 2012, 06:05:48 PM
Yeah I thought so. So for the record, I'm still angry at him too, and I don't even know the dork. In one fell swoop he insulted me and everyone else with a penis.

When Freeky and I met Nigel & ML, within 20 minutes we were like "What is she DOING with this pretentious boob?".

But you can't really say anything like that.

And yeah, that pissed me off, too.  I mean, if he feels the need to buy someone's body for a while, great.  Don't project that sort of sociopathy on me.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

FBF came up with a great term for him; ponytail misogynist.

I think it pretty much says it all.