News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Life in the Age of Dumb, part 5: Nazis never die.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2004, 07:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

sakredchao

didn't they get mr. ed to talk by sticking a carrot up his butt?  i know horses aren't people but...  :(  it is a bad world we live in.

that is pretty sick, roger..  thanks for giving me bad dreams for a week.

now i don't just want to break stuff, i want to blow stuff up.
boom baby

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: sakredchaothat is pretty sick, roger..  thanks for giving me bad dreams for a week.

now i don't just want to break stuff, i want to blow stuff up.
boom baby

kim

1.  Yeah, it's pretty fucking sick.  But you can thank Rumsfeld, and a few others, not me.

2.  Good.  You SHOULD feel that way.  Any civilized human being would want to blow shit up upon learning that.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

sakredchao

you got any kind of link roger?  i'm going to try to let people know about this..  or just the july 11-17 week of the new yorker..  sy hershs' story.?

i have a massmail that hits people in various walks of life..  from hippies to highly successful businesspeople..  and if i let 60 people know, they can let a few know..  i think my grama subscribes to the NYer, i wonder if she read it.

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: sakredchaoyou got any kind of link roger?  i'm going to try to let people know about this..  or just the july 11-17 week of the new yorker..  sy hershs' story.?

i have a massmail that hits people in various walks of life..  from hippies to highly successful businesspeople..  and if i let 60 people know, they can let a few know..  i think my grama subscribes to the NYer, i wonder if she read it.

kim

I have a partial...the story indicated isn't on their website yet.

But this is what he said (note the forum he said it on) while he was still digging:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C118955%2C00.html

HERSH:  First of all, it's going to get much worse.  This kind of stuff was much more widespread.  I can tell you just from the phone calls I've had in the last 24 hours, even more, there are other photos out there.  There are many more photos even inside that unit.  There are videotapes of stuff that you wouldn't want to mention on national  television that was done.  There was a lot of problems.

There was a special women's section. There were young boys in there. There were things done to young boys that were videotaped. It's much worse. And the Maj. Gen. Taguba was  very tough about it. He said this place was riddled with violent, awful actions against prisoners.

Note the disclaimer:

This is a partial transcript from "The O'Reilly Factor," May 3, 2004 that has been edited for clarity.

By the way, I happen to know General Taguba personally.  I was his S4 NCO when he was Colonel Taguba.  He's not the excitable type...if he's pissed, things are seriously wrong.

As I said, this is old news...the new Sy Hersh piece is far, far worse.

archPope Rocket P Llama

To quote from one of my favorite films, M*A*S*H:
"Goddamn army."

I wish this suprised me, but it doesn't. I've loathed the military for awhile now, and this doesn't seem too suprising. Disgusting, repulsive, sickening, inhuman and vile yes. Suprising, nope. Not in the least. How can you expect a bunch of brainwashed killers, people trained to drop fiery death from the sky onto civilians, how can you expect these people to be civil? The whole goddamn army is a goddamn disgusting spectacle. These kiddy molestors are just the ones they've caught. Anyone here who doubts that Iraqi women and young girls have been raped by US soldiers, raise your hand.

The whole military is a sick obscene mess. Nesesarry? I have my doubts, but no matter what you do, soldiers always are always have been and always will be trained killers. Nothing more, and nothing less. Sugarcoat it all you want, but they are trained to put bullets into people and drop fiery death from the heavens. They are thugs.
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: archPope Rocket P LlamaTo quote from one of my favorite films, M*A*S*H:
"Goddamn army."

I wish this suprised me, but it doesn't. I've loathed the military for awhile now, and this doesn't seem too suprising. Disgusting, repulsive, sickening, inhuman and vile yes. Suprising, nope. Not in the least. How can you expect a bunch of brainwashed killers, people trained to drop fiery death from the sky onto civilians, how can you expect these people to be civil? The whole goddamn army is a goddamn disgusting spectacle. These kiddy molestors are just the ones they've caught. Anyone here who doubts that Iraqi women and young girls have been raped by US soldiers, raise your hand.

The whole military is a sick obscene mess. Nesesarry? I have my doubts, but no matter what you do, soldiers always are always have been and always will be trained killers. Nothing more, and nothing less. Sugarcoat it all you want, but they are trained to put bullets into people and drop fiery death from the heavens. They are thugs.

The Good Reverend was Army (infantry) for 10 years, and never did, or even saw, that kind of shit.  This problem is top-down.

You can just fuck off, stereotype-boi.

Rev Roger,
"Thug".

archPope Rocket P Llama

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: archPope Rocket P LlamaTo quote from one of my favorite films, M*A*S*H:
"Goddamn army."

The Good Reverend was Army (infantry) for 10 years, and never saw that kind of shit.  This problem is top-down.

To where shall I fuck off sir?

Apologies on the stereotyping. Mind clouded by irrational hatred.
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: archPope Rocket P Llama
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
"Goddamn army."

The Good Reverend was Army (infantry) for 10 years, and never saw that kind of shit.  This problem is top-down.

To where shall I fuck off sir?

Apologies on the stereotyping. Mind clouded by irrational hatred.

No problem, I'm a little pissed off, too.

This ain't the army I knew, lo these many years ago.  This is something else, entirely.  Something evil, sick, and wrong.

Worst part is, it's only a symptom of a far greater problem.

Penumbral

Ummm...
Yeah lets see.
*Throws Up*
And I still dont feel better. This is fucked up. Sick, wrong, crule, unusual (hopefully), and inhimane.  I have nothing more to say. I cant say anything.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PenumbralUmmm...
Yeah lets see.
*Throws Up*
And I still dont feel better. This is fucked up. Sick, wrong, crule, unusual (hopefully), and inhimane.  I have nothing more to say. I cant say anything.

These are also the people that are charged with defending us, and representing us to the world.

We are so fucked, it's unreal.

Mark my words:  NOTHING will happen to Rumsfeld.  Not a damned thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Then, there's THIS:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/E3C89C20-6A0A-48F9-9476-A72F4E00A426.htm

Hersh's revelation follows a newly released 2002 Pentagon memo in which Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld personally authorised the use of dogs for intimidation, stripping prisoners of clothes and hooding them.

Rumsfeld also ordered military officials to hold prisoners but not list them on prisoner rolls requested by the International Red Cross.

According to Newsweek magazine, these memos and orders were signed by Rumsfeld, Bush and Attorney General John Ashcroft.

Horab Fibslager

i was watchign soem cnn the other day when oen of the anchors had a very well chaoregraphed "one on one serius talk" style piece abotu the difference between the anchor guy(dunno the name)  movie and "real anchors and media" was qutie amusing to see this guy trying to promote himself and his line of work as little more than thespianism.
Hell is other people.

eighteen buddha strike

My media box tells me what is going on.

I've felt a pervasive fear of what this country is becoming since the first couple weeks after 9/11, and its only grown more acute as time passes.

Maybe the best option is expatriation, but somehow I think the rabid nationalism that gave rise to the nazi party in germany wont work here, at least not quietly.

Remember that americans are absolutely fucking psycho.