News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Life in the Age of Dumb, part 5: Nazis never die.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2004, 07:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeFor once, Confusio, I find that your post goes against your namesake and it actually makes a great deal of sense.

We can't have that.

To retaliate for this act, which is clearly in defiance and disreguard of the Semiconcious Liberation Army's demands, we force you to... view...

ME AS PHILLIP J. FRY!

eighteen buddha strike

This is some of the least disgusting (male) cosplay I've ever seen.

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeThis is some of the least disgusting (male) cosplay I've ever seen.

Thank you.  Sorry the picture is so blurry, I don't have a digital camera and my webcam (my Uncle's) isn't that good at a distance.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeAnyway, the point I wanted to make was that America is diverse enough that once any group establishes any form of control, you'll have plenty of others moving to knock them down and occupy the leftover space.

Uh, where?

Serious question. Living 10,000 miles away, I may well have missed something obvious to those that live in the thick of it.

From here, it looks awfully like the same crowd has been in power since sometime in the 50s, if not before. I don't see any group moving in to knock them down, let alone plenty of groups.

archPope Rocket P Llama

Quote from: Compositus Confusio
Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeThis is some of the least disgusting (male) cosplay I've ever seen.

Thank you.  Sorry the picture is so blurry, I don't have a digital camera and my webcam (my Uncle's) isn't that good at a distance.

HAW! Just wait til I get back from GenCon with pictures of me as FFX-2 Rikku! Bwahahahaha!
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

Rupert Giles

Quote from: archPope Rocket P Llama
Quote from: Compositus Confusio

HAW! Just wait til I get back from GenCon with pictures of me as FFX-2 Rikku! Bwahahahaha!

I went to GenCon last year.  It was great.  Wish I could go again this year.

It truely is the Best Four Days in Gaming.  I still have last years Event Badge.

By the way, you may want to look out for the Legions of Not Quite Nazi but Definately Imperial Stormtroopers that will show up.

Also, last year the Klingons were arresting people for donations to the Humane Society.

Watch out.

Oh, and whatever you do, whether it's a real weapon or Boffer, there is NO FIGHTING of ANY KIND inside the Convention Center, unless it's in one of the LARP workshops or Demonstrations.

I learned that the hard way.

"Sir, will you please put the sword away before I have to shoot you?"

gnimbley

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeAnyway, the point I wanted to make was that America is diverse enough that once any group establishes any form of control, you'll have plenty of others moving to knock them down and occupy the leftover space.

Uh, where?

Serious question. Living 10,000 miles away, I may well have missed something obvious to those that live in the thick of it.

From here, it looks awfully like the same crowd has been in power since sometime in the 50s, if not before. I don't see any group moving in to knock them down, let alone plenty of groups.

What Buddha meant to say was that America is diverse enough that once any group establishes a challenge to the status quo, they can be easily coopted by the political parties, through adapting the challenger's agenda into one or the other's (or both) rhetoric, and thereby removing any apparent need for the majority to consider options other than party A and party B.

Except, of course, for Bella, who can not ever be coopted.

eighteen buddha strike

I think control has shifted plenty over the last fifty years, between a few different franchises of people, although right now it seems to be in the hands of the Oil companies.

Americas foreign policy spells disaster, and thats why I'm not really all that worried. Its doomed to failure, and there are plenty of people in this country who are keeping their mouths shut about things I'm not going to talk about... because its much better actually doing them.

Besides that, you are partially correct, a lot of people of the same entity have been in power for a while. The bush administration dates back to the reagan administration, which may or may not have anything to do with the Nixon administration (I've done a little bit of checking, but not a lot.)

... and while I do agree with Gnimbley, partially, I was mostly referring to the millions of people who live here. The growing climate of distrust for the government (I see this, where you only see rabid nationalism, because I am in the thick of it.),  And the willingness of some people to etc. etc. etc.

Maybe my brain has been polluted by the last couple of train hopping anarchists I talked to.

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: gnimbley

Uh, where?

What Buddha meant to say was that America is diverse enough that once any group establishes a challenge to the status quo, they can be easily coopted by the political parties, through adapting the challenger's agenda into one or the other's (or both) rhetoric, and thereby removing any apparent need for the majority to consider options other than party A and party B.

Actually, I do agree with this, as that neither party is the same as it was fifty years ago.

I actually have noticed different movements within each party, or maybe cliques would be a better word.

The other day I saw an argument between a Rebuplican and a Democrat where the Democrat (A gay black man, not that it has anything to do with it) was arguing in support of Israel, and the Rebuplican (a white suburban male) was arguing against the state of Israel.

It was a pretty hilarious juxtaposition of typical viewpoints.

I should also say that I've met plenty of Anti-Bush republicans. I think the huge Pro-Bush actually partially a media generated illusion. (Remember, Television is a tool of control.) This is the dangerous thing, a lot of people are suckers for propaganda.

gnimbley

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha Strike

Uh, where?

Actually, I do agree with this, as that neither party is the same as it was fifty years ago.

I actually have noticed different movements within each party, or maybe cliques would be a better word.

The other day I saw an argument between a Rebuplican and a Democrat where the Democrat (A gay black man, not that it has anything to do with it) was arguing in support of Israel, and the Rebuplican (a white suburban male) was arguing against the state of Israel.

I should also say that I've met plenty of Anti-Bush republicans. I think the huge Pro-Bush actually partially a media generated illusion. (Remember, Television is a tool of control.) This is the dangerous thing, a lot of people are suckers for propaganda.

::Strikes Buddha on the head with his zen disciple stick thingy::

Look again, oh, unenlightened one. These things of which you speak are only the robes they wear to please your eyes. They go obsolete every three months and must be repurchased during seasonal sales at Target and Kohl's. Tear the blinders from your face. The Republicans are the party that freed the slaves. Yet what has changed is nothing. Consider that.

::wanders off to look for a new stick::

::and a nice slice of pie would be good about now::

::mmm... and a nappy nap::

sakredchao

consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

Guido Finucci

Quote from: gnimbley::Strikes Buddha on the head with his zen disciple stick thingy::

Look again, oh, unenlightened one ... The Republicans are the party that freed the slaves. Yet what has changed is nothing. Consider that.

::Bows to Gnimbley::

And I shall also seek enlightenement in a sunlit nap.

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha Strike

Uh, where?

::Strikes Buddha on the head with his zen disciple stick thingy::

Look again, oh, unenlightened one. These things of which you speak are only the robes they wear to please your eyes. They go obsolete every three months and must be repurchased during seasonal sales at Target and Kohl's. Tear the blinders from your face. The Republicans are the party that freed the slaves. Yet what has changed is nothing. Consider that.

::wanders off to look for a new stick::

::and a nice slice of pie would be good about now::

::mmm... and a nappy nap::

Grrrr.

To set matters straight, I have never spoken out in favor of the republican party. I am simply speaking of an individual person.

I just want to make the point clear that the government is not the people, and the label isnt necessarily the person.

Now leave me alone, both of you! I have no intention of being the intellectual martyr for things that I dont believe in.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Eighteen Buddha StrikeTo set matters straight, I have never spoken out in favor of the republican party. I am simply speaking of an individual person.

We all got that. In fact, it is odd that you think that anyone thought you had.

gnimbley

Quote from: sakredchaognimbley, aren't nappy naps the best?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz