News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

well i mean like obviously people do that for those reasons (or for a sense of cheap moral superiority, because you, humanity) but is it possible that we tend to compensate for this limit in our perception by glomming people together into ideas and causes. This is also why it is so hard to see our enemies as human because you are asking one to see depth and complexity in what we see as practically set dressing, a cardboard stand-in for the idea of a group of people.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Freeky

So I'm still needing to do community service for having cash assistance, and I decided that since finding a place without so many volunteers that there is no work to be done is impossible almost, I should make some plarn sleeping mats, a legit excersize in community service. The only problem is I don't know how and the youtubes videos I watch I don't understand what I'm watching. I don't suppose I could get some tips from anybody here?

Suu

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on July 14, 2014, 08:31:04 PM
So I'm still needing to do community service for having cash assistance, and I decided that since finding a place without so many volunteers that there is no work to be done is impossible almost, I should make some plarn sleeping mats, a legit excersize in community service. The only problem is I don't know how and the youtubes videos I watch I don't understand what I'm watching. I don't suppose I could get some tips from anybody here?

CPD is way better at crocheting than I am, but do you already know how? If not, it's not hard to get started.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

No, I don't know how. :lol:  Right now I'm rolling the stuff into a ball, chilling and waiting for understanding to blossom.

Suu

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on July 14, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
No, I don't know how. :lol:  Right now I'm rolling the stuff into a ball, chilling and waiting for understanding to blossom.

Hmm, let me see what I can find to help. You'll want a big crochet hook though, and I recommend practicing with yarn to understand the stitches.

You have to start with a chain, and then work off of that. I think a double crochet will make a comfy mat. There's plenty of basic walk throughs online.

http://crochet.about.com/od/crochetstitches/tp/basic-stitches.htm

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Quote from: The Suu on July 14, 2014, 09:21:32 PM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on July 14, 2014, 09:12:28 PM

Hmm, let me see what I can find to help. You'll want a big crochet hook though, and I recommend practicing with yarn to understand the stitches.

You have to start with a chain, and then work off of that. I think a double crochet will make a comfy mat. There's plenty of basic walk throughs online.

http://crochet.about.com/od/crochetstitches/tp/basic-stitches.htm
ooh! Thanks, Suu!

Freeky

THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN MY HANDS AND I DONT UNDERSTAND OH GOD WHAT IS THIS WITCH CRAFT

Nephew Twiddleton

Today I learned that Midsister doesn't at all understand feminism, and thinks that people play the race and sex card too much.

:facepalm:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on July 14, 2014, 10:33:49 PM
THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN MY HANDS AND I DONT UNDERSTAND OH GOD WHAT IS THIS WITCH CRAFT

I also do parties.

Suu

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on July 15, 2014, 02:21:34 AM
Today I learned that Midsister doesn't at all understand feminism, and thinks that people play the race and sex card too much.

She also has some serious spelling issues, but I refrained from the ad hominem, since I'm a classy broad.

Suu

I'm currently giggling my ass off over German compound words, because they can be totally absurd.

For those that aren't familiar with the language, German is actually quite flexible, and you can garble nouns together to make a super noun if you won't come up with a new word.

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz is the record breaker, and all it is is the law for the delegation of monitoring beef labeling. That was removed when the delegation ended in the late 90s. However, it made one of my German professors laugh her ass off every time she told us, because even for the German people it was absurd.

Unabhaengigkeitserklaerungen is literally independencedeclarations. I think they needed to come up with a word for the US Declaration for their history books, and that is what they got.

I may not be cool enough to post about science and crazy smart people shit on PD, but I do have a fine affinity for fucked up languages, so when Latin makes me mad, I can always just go back to German.  :lulz: :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Suu on July 15, 2014, 03:23:09 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on July 15, 2014, 02:21:34 AM

She also has some serious spelling issues, but I refrained from the ad hominem, since I'm a classy broad.

I can only assume she was posting from phone, that she wuz wikkid hammahd, or she has really poor dexterity.

I gotta say though, I'm not really all that surprised. Well, I'm surprised from certain angles. Possibly because I remember her shittiest exes more than she apparently does.

The hilarious part was that Villager (this was on Villager's status) started texting me, kinda like, oh, I hope I didn't offend your sister but she's really really really wrong. I told her not to worry about it, one way or the other she'll get over it, and really it's pretty futile anyway.

I mean it wasn't even a week ago where I was like, "Midsister asked me probably the least thought out question I've heard in a long time and I simultaneously thought, "man she's an idiot", and "God, I missed her." It's not fair to call her an idiot though. She has the capacity, but she kinda runs on a poor diet of bad signal and not being able to see things from another's perspective.

Even funnier, she was part of the reason that I was even entertaining the idea of Philadelphia, since she lives in Wilmington.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on July 14, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

YouTube has all the answers!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Suu on July 15, 2014, 03:32:07 AM
I'm currently giggling my ass off over German compound words, because they can be totally absurd.

For those that aren't familiar with the language, German is actually quite flexible, and you can garble nouns together to make a super noun if you won't come up with a new word.

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz is the record breaker, and all it is is the law for the delegation of monitoring beef labeling. That was removed when the delegation ended in the late 90s. However, it made one of my German professors laugh her ass off every time she told us, because even for the German people it was absurd.

Unabhaengigkeitserklaerungen is literally independencedeclarations. I think they needed to come up with a word for the US Declaration for their history books, and that is what they got.

I may not be cool enough to post about science and crazy smart people shit on PD, but I do have a fine affinity for fucked up languages, so when Latin makes me mad, I can always just go back to German.  :lulz: :lulz:

How does that even work? I mean, I know we have compound words too, but after a certain point, we're like, kay guys, you might as well just say a full sentence, use an acronym, or come up with a new bisyllabic word. We don't have all day.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."