News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Second Daughter was born a few days ago. She spent some time in the ICU but is okay now.

SD's grandparents hate me so visiting her and her mom has been difficult since she's been out of the hospital. It's a very complicated situation and every time I try to write about it I just end up deleting it. There's some KYFMS material in there too, so it's for the better. TLDR version is SD's mom lives with her parents who are shitty people and I have trouble abiding their shittiness so I do not live with them.

First Daughter's mother (a different woman) has taken to making major decisions without discussing them with me and being weaselly about me visiting and Skyping with FD so I'm only talking with her via email before I lawyer up. Hopefully it won't even go to mediation.

Previous job turned out to be horseshit, though possibly useful for early twenty-somethings as an internship. So I'm trying to juggle looking for work all day, fucking off on the internets to keep my sanity, and spending time with my littlest one.

Shit be suckin. But my roommate is super cool, so at least there's that.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: N E T on September 04, 2014, 01:03:42 AM
Second Daughter was born a few days ago. She spent some time in the ICU but is okay now.

:banana:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Chelagoras The Boulder

Had my first day at the YMCA job. If discordians had any real doctine of faith to speak of, i'm pretty sure wrangling roughly twenty children would challenge it because GODDAMN that is the face of Chaos.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on September 03, 2014, 07:39:53 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 03, 2014, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 03, 2014, 12:19:56 PM
Well, this is new.  My uni finance department is refusing my payment.  Usually they have no problem taking vast amounts of money off me, whether I'm willing to give it to them or not.

Double down. Send as many tiny payments as possible, send cheques if possible. Create administration costs far in excess of your outstanding debt.

You know it makes sense.

YES YES YES THIS.

If only.  Also, they don't accept cheques.

Instead, I have to call them today, and sort it out before the end of next week, or else I get booted off the course for non-payment.

Junkenstein

Hmm. Most vexing.

I've got other ideas but few of them probably end up with you remaining on said course, which I'm assuming is the preferred option.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Just told some fucktard on the internets that the US has been the laughing stock of the world since our Civil War. I have a feeling I'll be making some screenshots of uppity anti-Obama rhetoric all the soon.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Payments sorted.

Now I'm just waiting for my computer screen to arrive.  I've had my actual computer for 6 days now...where it's sat under my desk, doing fuck all.  Because the monitor has yet to be delivered.

To say I'm slightly annoyed at this situation would not be overstating my feelings.  Especially when it was meant to have been delivered by Tuesday, at the latest.

Suu

So what the hell was causing the payment clusterfuck? Usually universities are all kinds of excited to take money.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

To the wise ladies of PD:

We have a new co-worker. She is now one of two dispatchers that uses the Ladies room. She was working during first shift and left. When the girl on 2nd shift went to the bathroom a few hours later, she came out not knowing what the hell she should do - she saw what looked like a blood drop on the floor next to the toilet and a few blood streaks down the outside of the bowl.

She was not comfortable using the facility, not knowing anything about this new person and what kinds of wonderful diseases strangers could have. None of the dudes volunteered to clean it, and I am now gone.

Right now the plan is, when I get in tomorrow, to wait a half hour or so for the new hire to go on break, check to see if the blood is still there, and inform one of the supervisors that will be present of the situation. Do you feel like this is the least invasive method, and one which will avoid embarrassment or ill will?

I would prefer not to approach the new hire about it. Having spent the last week with her, she makes me a bit uneasy in her mannerisms and I would prefer to not have some completely off the wall accusation flown at me in the event my suspicions are correct.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 04, 2014, 09:22:14 PM

We have a new co-worker. She is now one of two dispatchers that uses the Ladies room. She was working during first shift and left. When the girl on 2nd shift went to the bathroom a few hours later, she came out not knowing what the hell she should do - she saw what looked like a blood drop on the floor next to the toilet and a few blood streaks down the outside of the bowl.

She was not comfortable using the facility, not knowing anything about this new person and what kinds of wonderful diseases strangers could have. None of the dudes volunteered to clean it, and I am now gone.

Right now the plan is, when I get in tomorrow, to wait a half hour or so for the new hire to go on break, check to see if the blood is still there, and inform one of the supervisors that will be present of the situation. Do you feel like this is the least invasive method, and one which will avoid embarrassment or ill will?

I would prefer not to approach the new hire about it. Having spent the last week with her, she makes me a bit uneasy in her mannerisms and I would prefer to not have some completely off the wall accusation flown at me in the event my suspicions are correct.

Well, for one: Fucking gross.

And for two: Accidents happen, drips happen. But, you REALLY NEED TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. I have wet wipes in my purse for a damn reason. But streaks? Awful. Uncalled for. I get it, it's gross enough being a woman, it really is, but FFS, with great power comes great responsibility.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Suu on September 04, 2014, 11:46:17 PM

And for two: Accidents happen, drips happen. But, you REALLY NEED TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. I have wet wipes in my purse for a damn reason. But streaks? Awful. Uncalled for. I get it, it's gross enough being a woman, it really is, but FFS, with great power comes great responsibility.

Yeah, that. And you know, it attracts bears. We don't need them in the workplace. It's a safety hazard.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 04, 2014, 11:48:42 PM
Quote from: The Suu on September 04, 2014, 11:46:17 PM

Yeah, that. And you know, it attracts bears. We don't need them in the workplace. It's a safety hazard.

SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!