News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Coffee.

Started by Triple Zero, January 26, 2008, 01:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

You know they would.  People would apply the same logic I apply to espresso.  Game over man.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You can also roast your own beans in a cast-iron skillet, you just have to keep stirring them to get an even roast. It's a bit smoky and smelly, but there's nothing quite like just-roasted coffee.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

I've seen DIY roasters put together with a power drill, steel bowl, and blowtorch.  Takes a bit of work, but does avoid having to toss them around the skillet.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jasper

Yeah, cool, but where can you buy unroasted beans?

Richter

Good question.

The Cult of DIY would have some solution I'd guess. 
It'd probably be carbon neutral too.
Wankers.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i think you can order unroasted beans off teh internets

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A lot of local coffee roasters sell them too, you just have to ask.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Cool.  I would totally do that, just to be more of a coffee snob than any I've ever met.  Just so I could one-up them when I talk to them.

"Yeah, I've dabbled with roasting my own coffee beans, for perfect freshness, oils, flavours, and scent."
"Wow, was it good?"
"No."
"No?"
"It was perfect."

LMNO

Combine that with the Vegetarian-as-moral-superior bit, and you're all set.

Jasper

I'm not sure I can sink that low. :lol:

Richter

If you take it as far as you can it becoems an IRL troll.

Diseris

You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

AFK

"No sir, the half & half is in the one on the left."
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Diseris on February 15, 2008, 08:54:06 AM
Sometimes a good cup of coffee is all in the service...

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2008/feb/15/baristas-aim-to-up-coffee-sales-by-stripping/

When I was in Argentina, they had these sorts of things on every corner.  It was very weird going into a coffee shop at 7:00 am and being served by a woman in a fishnet catsuit and thigh-high leather stilletto boots.

Malaul

My inner caffeinatrixx says: I love this thread
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock