News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

AN UPDATE FROM THE B.E.T.C.

Started by Epimetheus, June 28, 2012, 12:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

A CALL TO ARMS FROM THE (formerly) BEWILDERMENTARIAN END-TIMES CABAL

It has been too long, comrades.
We bring glorious news.

The Head Honcho awakes.

Yes, it is just as I have said, though I understand any disbelief. The scriptures told us of this day. Buried deep within Mt. Mumbo by the Colorless One three thousand years ago, His Holiness has finally awakened. And NOW, The Colorless One is far deceased.

A team of Heralds walking through the North Asian mountains received Third Nostril Signals of a humongous positive perturbance in the Nous-field of the area. Honing in on the source, they stumbled upon a freshly opened passage into one of the cliffs. Strangely, the snow for at least a hundred feet around it was melted clean off. Upon reaching the passage's end, they discovered a cave, or perhaps a room. In this room they found many ancient artifacts, including a tomb, which was clean broken in half, and a few codices. Returning to the spot with a scribe educated in the ancient tongue, they uncovered the truth  - this tomb, until that day, had held the Head Honcho himself.

NOW, it is time to gather the so-called 'Three Huts.' The Associated Royal Guard of the Head Honcho, the Electromagnetic Erisian League, and the Dog Walkers must come together NOW, or forever hold your peace. HAVE HEART, people! The Head Honcho is with us now, and is guiding us, although he is simultaneously keeping low to the ground, for as always there are Colorless Forces scanning every which way. We feel it is most likely that at this point he is in meeting with Eris - it is entirely possible that they are both playing Fetch with Dog, and our Threenity has already reunited.

Many minds in this world attempt to restrain or ridicule freedom as it lives in each of us – often unknowingly, they leave the Epic to the stories, and sit in their cubicles, slowly asphyxiating their coworkers with their weak excuse for flatulence, slowly withering into dust, blocked from the sunlight by their pitiful excuse for boredom (YES, even BOREDOM can be HOLY).

The Threenity warned us of this time. Do you recall? In the holy Tinctures it is called several names, such as the Great Yawning, the Time of Great Snubbing, and the Pause (Even Dog has Pause, but He keeps them beneath Him). Have any of us forgotten? Or worse, have we succumbed to the Muskly Duskly Mustard Dust (colloq.) of the Digital Age?

Nonetheless, the Digital will aid us. Spread far and thin in space, the Digital will connect us as those strings with cups on the end. In the Digital we shall be as arachnids winding our way across the Inter-Web.

What is our job? Oh ho ho ho...You forget, eh?
       The masters have always said, "Peace through Bewilderment."
       You see, in 'piling on the bewilderment,' as we of the Cabal do, what is the goal? Not simple confusion. Rather, when a person of enough intelligence is hit with enough complex and confusing signal, a state may arise in which the bewilderment 'snaps' the attempted grasping of the mind. The absurdity lifts them to get a bird's-eye view of the absurdity of their own concepts, pulling the person to stand behind their ideas – so to speak – rather than being submerged and drowning beneath them. This is a sort of GREATER MIND wherein a person is no longer a slave to their psyche, but the PSYCHE becomes a SIDEKICK.

This state is a starting point for great potential. This state, we have titled Bewilderzen.
       In light of this new terminology, we pronounce a shift in name. We are now the
BEWILDERZEN CABAL.

More information will be released periodically.

LINGUA IN BUCCA, & PEACE THROUGH BEWILDERMENT.

Epimetheus
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Epimetheus

realized this may not belong in OKM- feel free to move

Epimetheus

Even a "This is not worthy of comment" would be appreciated

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's not enough signal in the noise to register as communication.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Epimetheus

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 07, 2012, 04:07:19 PM

What about as storytelling?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Epimetheus on July 07, 2012, 06:11:15 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 07, 2012, 04:07:19 PM

What about as storytelling?

Storytelling is communication.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My overall impression is that it's a series of inside jokes and references that only a select audience would understand or care about, and I'm not part of that audience. Either that, or gibberish posing as profundity. I am guessing from the resounding silence despite multiple bumps that everyone else who has read it so far has a similar impression.

Epimetheus

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 07, 2012, 09:36:58 PM

So, it doesn't register as a story?

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 07, 2012, 09:42:59 PM
My overall impression is that it's a series of inside jokes and references that only a select audience would understand or care about, and I'm not part of that audience.

Well it partially builds on the "INTRO TO THE B.E.T.C." I posted months back. The new information was simply a lighthearted play.

QuoteEither that, or gibberish posing as profundity.
Gibberish, or worthless meaning? Didn't mean to pose it as profundity, except that the last paragraph is the practical part of why I value parts of Dada, SubGenius, surrealist, Discordian etc. presentations that I guess you would probably call noise. Communication doesn't have to impart real knowledge to have real purpose and also to be enjoyed (although the enjoyment is obviously personal taste).

I am guessing from the resounding silence despite multiple bumps that everyone else who has read it so far has a similar impression.

Yeah, if anyone else is reading this please do speak yo mind.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Epimetheus

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 07, 2012, 11:12:42 PM
Quote from: Epimetheus on July 07, 2012, 11:06:53 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 07, 2012, 09:36:58 PM

So, it doesn't register as a story?

Nope.

Hm, how would you define "communication" and "story"?
I mean, the OP clearly speaks information...It seems like you're saying that it's worthless information rather than not information at all...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You asked for feedback so I stepped up and gave it. I'll know better next time, since I'll be aware that you're just going to argue semantics with the feedback instead of examine it and see if you can use it to make your writing more accessible or engaging.

Epimetheus

Don't think I don't appreciate the feedback.

As it stands, the OP uses proper English grammar and vocabulary to tell a brief tale and explain a method of mindfuck.
But you say it doesn't register as 'communication' nor as a 'story'.
No, I'm not wasting time by asking what you mean. Especially when going to a dictionary directly contradicts what you're saying.

i.e. There's no way I can apply the feedback to my writing without making some sense of what the feedback is saying first.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Epimetheus on July 07, 2012, 11:41:56 PM
Don't think I don't appreciate the feedback.

As it stands, the OP uses proper English grammar and vocabulary to tell a brief tale and explain a method of mindfuck.
But you say it doesn't register as 'communication' nor as a 'story'.
No, I'm not wasting time by asking what you mean. Especially when going to a dictionary directly contradicts what you're saying.

i.e. There's no way I can apply the feedback to my writing without making some sense of what the feedback is saying first.

It sounds to me like your ego is getting in the way of some pretty straightforward criticism. Try to read your story as if you didn't write it, and then read what I said again. Nonsense as salvation is only useful if the nonsense is framed with enough structure to be engaging in some way. This is the last post I'm interested in making on this topic unless you put your ego aside and make some effort at understanding.

Epimetheus

Hahahaha. Got what you were saying as soon as I started the first paragraph.

I'll see if I can approach it from another angle.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Excellent, looking forward to the rewrite!